Page 69 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1107
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    True, I am assuming. But with a set up where the Justice League plays a role, I think there would be less risk involved. And I mean even on their own, Hal is popular, Barry is popular, Aquaman and Wonder Woman have newfound general popularity. Only one who's a question mark would be Cyborg. As far as in the ongoing continuity, next up is Batman: Hush, and that's really all we know. Long Halloween and Rd Son are out of continuity projects. So I still have hope that after Hush, the next installment will feature one of the other characters.

Edit: Actually I forgot that a Wonder Woman film has already been confirmed. If this film follows the main continuity, it could be a sign they will indeed work to give more JL members their own centric films.
    Cyborg is pretty popular.teen titans go to the movie was the greatest dc movie ever! /s

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Give me some spoilers about SB in the movie
    spoilers:
    Reminds me a lot of what I remember reading in the early Young Justice series. Very cocky and kind of attention crazy. He originally works for Lex but they get fed up with each other pretty quickly. Lex even toys with the idea of killing him with a Kryptonite injection. Kon finds out that he is half Luthor during the movie but his reaction is less angsty than the comics. Kon hitting on Lois is hilarious and I enjoyed the couple of small moments we got of him interacting with the League. He ends up living with Ma and Pa Kent at the end.
    end of spoilers

....this is my first time trying to create a spoiler tag so I apologize ahead of time if it doesn't work properly... I'll do my best to fix it with editing.

Edit: Woo! It worked!

spoilers:
    The half Lex thing staying is a slight disappointment, but also not at all a surprise. But I'm very glad that his reaction to it isn't angsty. Living with Ma and Pa is fine since they're alive in this continuity (they shouldn't be but alas), and that it doesn't look to be anything that will affect his current characterization.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-13-2019 at 05:01 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    spoilers:
    The half Lex thing staying is a slight disappointment, but also not at all a surprise. But I'm very glad that his reaction to it isn't angsty. Living with Ma and Pa is fine since they're alive in this continuity (they shouldn't be but alas), and that it doesn't look to be anything that will affect his current characterization.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    there are valid reasons for wanting the Kents gone, but if there is one story where they absolutely should be alive, it’s the death and return saga.
    end of spoilers

Kon93

Tactile telekinesis,to be or not to be,that is the question?

Just saw it as well. Loved it. It is a lot looser of an adaptation than Death of Superman, but they did a great job with it. It's almost a Lois Lane movie in a lot of respects. It was fantastic.

spoilers:
    I particularly liked what they did with Lois and Diana, they have one scene together that is pretty great for both characters and plays of some stereotypes really well. Lois' scenes with Superboy and John Henry are also great, with one pretty funny self depreciating joke from Lois about John Henry's secret identity. I thought Cyborg Superman was probably the weakest part, with the Darkseid connection not really played up as much as it should have been. His motivations were a lot better though than in the original Death and Return. And the final battle with Superman and Henshaw was done well, with Lois pitching in for some clutch scenes. I think they used Lois really well without overplaying her heroics. She has a couple of good saves that work within the context of her abilities. She investigates and puts things together like she should and all and all a really great use of and showcase for her character.

Superboy was pretty great as well. His cheesy 90's look and personality carries over and they lampshade it with Dabny Donovan showing him 90's sitcoms. His interactions with Lois were played well and he fits in great. They definitely do not overplay the angst at his being half Luthor and half kryptonian. Him calling Superman "Dad" and the look Clark gives him was pretty funny.

The long hair/black suit! And the Reborn costume are all great additions. The black suit and hair look great, the beard looks as weird as the mustache removal in Justice League. They don't really play up the mystery of the return as much, Eradicator serves the same purpose but is a lot less prominent, and a far more benevolent role than in the original. Superman gets his abilities back a lot easier in this than in the original.
    Once Superman comes back he's kinda forgotten until the very end. Love the use of the Reborn/Rebirth suit and I don't know if it was intentional or not but I think they bring Clark back using one of the joke stories him and Lois discuss in Adventures of Superman 505. And "Worlds colliding" was a pretty great joke as well.

The after credits scene hints pretty heavily that the next Justice League movie will be Darkseid War.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Yoda; 01-13-2019 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Tactile telekinesis,to be or not to be,that is the question?
    spoilers:
    He doesn't explicitly have it shown and he has heat vision so it looks like they simplified it to be just kryptonian powers. But Luthor mentions he has "extras" added initially, but that seems to just mean Luthor believes he gets his (Luthors) intelligence.
    end of spoilers

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    spoilers:
    He doesn't explicitly have it shown and he has heat vision so it looks like they simplified it to be just kryptonian powers. But Luthor mentions he has "extras" added initially, but that seems to just mean Luthor believes he gets his (Luthors) intelligence.
    end of spoilers

If not then poor dumb DC.

I've been saying to make it simple is SB is a kryptonian teenager that's growth(physically and powerwise) was stunted,then we find out the combo of kryptonian and human DNA gave him TTK.there is many different ways to explain TTK,there is no reason to not have it in any version of SB imo,and if they are so worried that a kryptonian teenager that is just getting his powers will have such a huge powerup with TTK,then make sure you play up that he has to focus to use it.that means flight,physical amp,super senses,extras.if they do that he would still get in trouble,but also have a way to be on the rest of the SUPERs level,something no other Super character can do,he can play weaker and more powerful and ut makes perfect sense to the powerset.

I saw it today as well. Really good movie! It's not Reign of the Supermen, but a solid film with the characters from Reign. If that makes sense.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Attachment 76771
    Guys did you see this. Superman reborn is here.
    Wow this looks great and the blue is brighter than the N52 suit. What a relief, I didn't like how dark the blue was before.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post

spoilers:
    Superboy was pretty great as well. His cheesy 90's look and personality carries over and they lampshade it with Dabny Donovan showing him 90's sitcoms. His interactions with Lois were played well and he fits in great. They definitely do not overplay the angst at his being half Luthor and half kryptonian. Him calling Superman "Dad" and the look Clark gives him was pretty funny.
    end of spoilers
    Oh I really love this. spoilers:
    I feel like DC is afraid of defining Kon's relationship with Superman but not so much when it comes to Lex. It may be played as a joke but that's how I see them. and wished they'd explore this in depth.

As for Kon's abilities, I'm sure he'll grow into his other non-Kryptonian powers in time. They may be giving him the standard set more as an introduction than something permanent. The same should apply to Jon since his only part Krypntonian.
    end of spoilers

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Oh I really love this. spoilers:
    I feel like DC is afraid of defining Kon's relationship with Superman but not so much when it comes to Lex. It may be played as a joke but that's how I see them. and wished they'd explore this in depth.

As for Kon's abilities, I'm sure he'll grow into his other non-Kryptonian powers in time. They may be giving him the standard set more as an introduction than something permanent. The same should apply to Jon since his only part Krypntonian.
    end of spoilers
    I would rather jon, have kryptonIan powers that fluctuates with his emotions. Him having to deal with cuts and bruises is what makes jon, jon. Also, since bendis is returning him aged up in space. I want him to be warrior like wonderwoman Who has a lot of travel experience. Telekinesis doesn't fit jon. I also want Jon to get and be proficient in the use of that sword, he always wanted.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I would rather jon, have kryptonIan powers that fluctuates with his emotions. Him having to deal with cuts and bruises is what makes jon, jon. Also, since bendis is returning him aged up in space. I want him to be warrior like wonderwoman Who has a lot of travel experience. Telekinesis doesn't fit jon. I also want Jon to get and be proficient in the use of that sword, he always wanted.
    I'm not saying they have to have the same powers, only that they diverge from standard full Kryptonian powers. TTK is Kon's just as fluctuating powers is Jon's. They should never be exactly like Clark/SG/Zod. Jon might develop a new set. who knows at this stage.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I'm not saying they have to have the same powers, only that they diverge from standard full Kryptonian powers. TTK is Kon's just as fluctuating powers is Jon's. They should never be exactly like Clark/SG/Zod. Jon might develop a new set. who knows at this stage.

This is exactly what ice been preaching for forever now,when you mess with the kryptonian DNA strand you alter the result.

SB has TTK
    Jon has power spikes based on emotion
    Cir-el had control of red sun energy

They should all be different than kal and kara,not better,not worse,just different,and way more of a learning curve.

SB shouldn't have the full kryptonian powerset,he should have a mix,YJ show and TTK was and is perfect to give him,and it fits his hybrid state.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Saw the double feature with my girlfriend and we both had a great time.

spoilers:
    One thing I have not seen get it's due is the animation shift for Cyborg Superman's heel turn. They start giving him a lot more dramatic angles with harsh foreshortening on top of changing is facial features slightly to look more deranged. He was pretty weak until then but he does ratchet up a bit before the conclusion.

DC does continue to point out that Lois is a dummy for secret identities, which while fun as a nod, is disheartening when it's just taken as fact. She is journalism in DC. I've always taken it as she has to know and just needs to prove it, even if only to him. She has to stick the evidence, but through his powers and own clever mind, Superman can stay ahead of her.

The movie isn't perfect, but this wasn't exactly an easy story to adapt. They did a good job getting the spirit of the source across and the other big bag ultimately just served as a way to take the JLA off the table so we don't spend the whole movie wondering why they aren't present.

Really wish we got to see the League respond to Clark's resurrection, but also it was long enough. Always leave 'empty wanting more.
    end of spoilers