Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1107
    Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Of the four Supermen, Eradicator is my favourite. He was definitely the more brutal of the bunch. I wish we saw more of him and the comics did more with him.

Cyborg gave me the creeps when he went on about being the real Superman.
    Eradicator is the toughest hologram EVER lol.no.matter how much he gets knocked around he barely shows any pain.only when henshaw hit him with heat vision did you really see him show it,and I'm guessing that's because it was energy and it effected his energy matrix form.

Well he is in the crystal and ready for use whenever the ppl in charge of the DCAU want him.

Henshaw played his hero game straight for so long,it was nice to see him totally lose it at the end

Steel was awesome,and actually has a pretty cool "iron man" type setup at his secret base.canr wait to see him again.

SB is and always will be my favorite DUH.he got the most story I think between all thr 4 supermen,but i think the biggest problem with the movie is that it needed to be twice as long to really do it justice

I still haven't seen it. Couldn't attend the screening on Sunday. I'm hearing mixed reactions, but some people seem to really like/love it. For instance, youtuber, Grace Randolph.. (yes that nasty woman lol) said it was even better than Death, and she loved Death, and I did too.

I'm intrigued. I don't expect it to be a direct adaptation of the comics, so I guess I'm more open-minded. I just want it to be a good story that makes some sense and is a solid follow up to Death.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I still haven't seen it. Couldn't attend the screening on Sunday. I'm hearing mixed reactions, but some people seem to really like/love it. For instance, youtuber, Grace Randolph.. (yes that nasty woman lol) said it was even better than Death, and she loved Death, and I did too.

I'm intrigued. I don't expect it to be a direct adaptation of the comics, so I guess I'm more open-minded. I just want it to be a good story that makes some sense and is a solid follow up to Death.

Its awesome seeing these characters on screen finally,and it was a good movie.

Negatives-
    fast as hell pace,should have been twice as long.
    Not a actual straight up adaptation of the old story
    Plot convenience happens here to there

If you can get past that stuff there is no way you wont like this movie

If that’s all you want you should enjoy it because that’s basically what it is. I’d say Death is slightly better but I really enjoyed Reign.

Reign was good. Some pacing issues, not enough time on the 4 Supermen, but those are my only complaints. Maybe also lacks a really stellar action sequence, which is surprising considering WB/DC's track record, but the action is serviceable enough.

I'd give the movie a 7/10. For how much they had to squeeze into the time allowed is commendable but this should have been a trilogy. Reign should have ended either with the destruction of Coast City or the arrival of Superman in the battle suit. The Return would have continued from there giving more time for the characters to breathe and be fleshed out more especially Steel. Still I did enjoy it. Lois was excellent in the movie and Rain Wilson really improved as Lex. This version is right up there with the Young Justice Lex Luthor. Animation quality did take a hit in some areas which was a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    I'd give the movie a 7/10. For how much they had to squeeze into the time allowed is commendable but this should have been a trilogy. Reign should have ended either with the destruction of Coast City or the arrival of Superman in the battle suit. The Return would have continued from there giving more time for the characters to breathe and be fleshed out more especially Steel. Still I did enjoy it. Lois was excellent in the movie and Rain Wilson really improved as Lex. This version is right up there with the Young Justice Lex Luthor. Animation quality did take a hit in some areas which was a shame.
    Agreed, I thought he was terrible in the first movie, but while still not my favorite Lex he sounded much better this time around. Don't know if it was him finding the right balance or what, but it was a definite improvement.

Just saw this on twitter. I'm excited!

"At over 2.5 hours, a comprehensive animated “Death and Return of Superman” unabridged cut is coming this October"

Just saw this on twitter. I'm excited!

"At over 2.5 hours, a comprehensive animated “Death and Return of Superman” unabridged cut is coming this October"
    I wonder if they'll be some deleted/added scenes in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There’s supposed to be like 10-15 minutes of new footage edited into the new combined cut. I haven’t seen any discussion on what they entail though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's implied that there is new stuff. I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    There’s supposed to be like 10-15 minutes of new footage edited into the new combined cut. I haven’t seen any discussion on what they entail though.
    Hope it’s from Reign. Eradicator and Steel could’ve used more screen time. Either way I’m definitely going to pick this up.

Not to sound like a cynical consumer, but why would footage be left off in the first place? We're not talking about editing 30 minutes off an already-too-long Peter Jackson film. It almost feels like they're releasing parts of the movie piecemeal so that they can sell different versions of what's otherwise the same movie. Who is this, EA?

Aren't more or less all the direct to video DC movies around 80-90 minutes? While I think it's just a pure money grab, one I'll surely fall for, that could be the reasoning behind it. I don't know why they seem to keep them at that length when regular theatrical release under 2 hours is almost unheard of now, but they do seem to keep it in that range. They did the same thing with DKR's.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Aren't more or less all the direct to video DC movies around 80-90 minutes? While I think it's just a pure money grab, one I'll surely fall for, that could be the reasoning behind it. I don't know why they seem to keep them at that length when regular theatrical release under 2 hours is almost unheard of now, but they do seem to keep it in that range. They did the same thing with DKR's.
    Budget I’m guessing is the reason. These things have to be on a very tight budget.