Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1107

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Budget I’m guessing is the reason. These things have to be on a very tight budget.
    Yeah, my understanding is that adding 10 minutes of animation leads to a big bump in costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    There’s supposed to be like 10-15 minutes of new footage edited into the new combined cut. I haven’t seen any discussion on what they entail though.
    Damn, if that's true I might have to check this out. Was planning to skip since I've already got the two movies, but if there's new footage...

Hope it's more on the Reign side, Death was already kind of perfect as is while Reign suffered in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Yeah, my understanding is that adding 10 minutes of animation leads to a big bump in costs.
    Considering the sales of Reign it very well might be too high a cost.

Unless I missed something specific, the reports are saying "never before seen footage", not "extended cut" or "with additional scenes". Just to keep expectations in check, "never before seen footage" could mean animatics or crude unfinished animation in a bonus feature (similar to the unfinished work we see in every "sneak peek"). I'm hoping there's actual added scenes, but I just wanted to play devils advocate. Be wary of marketing speak.

I'll be buying regardless though. The Steel figure is pretty sweet, but I was REALLY hoping for a Cyborg Superman figure since he's the villain to match DoS' Superman figure.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

This wouldn't be first time WB's done something like this. I remember when they re-packaged the Vixen, Ray, and Constantine animated series for Blu-Ray they edited them together into movies with additional scenes.
    Considering the sales of Reign it very well might be too high a cost.
    I wonder if the bundle might sell better.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This wouldn't be first time WB's done something like this. I remember when they re-packaged the Vixen, Ray, and Constantine animated series for Blu-Ray they edited them together into movies with additional scenes.

I wonder if the bundle might sell better.
    Hope it does, I plan on buying it like I did for the Dark Knight Returns.

Well now we know why Supes is getting two animated movies next year! Gotta say that makes me very happy to hear, I bet Red Son beats that record.

Weird, Death of was the superior Superman film. But meh, this is good news, with this and next year's films it is good to see Superman finally getting a real push in animation again!
    And if Reign's numbers translate to more appearances of Steel and/or Superboy, so much the better!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Weird, Death of was the superior Superman film. But meh, this is good news, with this and next year's films it is good to see Superman finally getting a real push in animation again!
    And if Reign's numbers translate to more appearances of Steel and/or Superboy, so much the better!
    I think the “newness” factor played a role here. Everyone knows about Death but Reign hasn’t gotten a lot of focus despite arguably being a much better story. This was the first time a lot of people learned about Steel, Eradicator, or Cyborg Superman I think.

I think the “newness” factor played a role here. Everyone knows about Death but Reign hasn’t gotten a lot of focus despite arguably being a much better story. This was the first time a lot of people learned about Steel, Eradicator, or Cyborg Superman I think.
    What was the timing of DC Universe's going online and the disc release of Death? That could play into things, too.

I think there's probably a lot of reasons it's as watched as it is:

1. It was the first DC Animated Feature premier on DC Universe.

2. It followed up the very popular Death of Superman film.

3. As Vordan stated, it was the first proper adaption of Reign of the Supermen.

4. It's visually one of the better-looking films of the DTV line.

The comic story was a much better story (taking people's words there, haven't read it myself yet), the movie version not so much.
    Also Steel was in the DCAU and had a poorly received live action movie once, so I don't know how unknown he was. But you have a point on the newness thing.

well now we know Reign wasn't a flop. Lots wanted to see the story continue.