Calexit [Black Mask Comics]:

Finally #2 is available--lonnnng wait between issues, but they promise issue 3 next month. And why is that good for me--?

Calexit is exciting, not (just) in the usual comics’ action sense, but in its tackling political likelihoods. More and more these days, I’m finding my comic book choices are those with a sense of the political world, Lazarus, Grass Kings, Briggs’ Land, Incognegro, Days of Hate, even (or especially) Exit Stage Left (The Snagglepuss Chronicles) [all recommended, by the way!].

Calexit carries the spirit of the long-ago, still unfinished Scarlett series, that of the deeply wronged, once-reluctant resistance leader now gung-ho balls-out dead for reckoning revolutionist. Zora McNulty is not going to be a comfortable heroine to follow, zealous and inspiring, but as the little girl said to her, 'she missed.'
Rossi is maybe the vilest villain I’ve seen in comics (and I’ve seen many in fifty years’ reading) and now they’ve shown him as a doting dad, and—regretting his actions in the street? they'll have to work hard to make me believe this…but so far, that's a possibility, with characterization strong as it is, here.
These are revolutionary comics, and welcome. They look good, read literately, largely through dialogue rather than over-bearing narration, and come frighteningly near the present we’re living in which so clearly could lead to the future of Calexit.