Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by darthblinx View Post
    The way he's mostly portrait as a villain is just a stalker with hard on for Parker (in most media portrayals).
    "Now, I'll bother him at work and next I'll scare but not harm his wife." Snore.
    That's kind of Venom's point, at least superficially, he is an stalker that blames other for his own problems (mainly on Spider-Man), themathically it works pretty well as a counterpoint to Peter who does assume responsability for his own problems and usually blames himself for it most of the time (even about things that ye couldn't have done anything), while Brock does the opposite.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by darthblinx View Post
    The way he's mostly portrait as a villain is just a stalker with hard on for Parker (in most media portrayals).
    "Now, I'll bother him at work and next I'll scare but not harm his wife." Snore.
    The last time we saw EDDIE as Venom in media he did this, so you have to give him SOME credit.

Even if it was “disproven” the next episode, it was clear he planted seeds enough that some people clearly knew (Capt. Stacy, Connors family)

The subsequent adaptions didn’t have Eddie as Venom, and pretty much call the symbiote Venom. I’d say we’ve seen Flash a couple times over Eddie (hell they even had Harry as Venom one time). So maybe we do have something to compare when it comes to exposure between Eddie’s Venom and Flash’s.

As for the topic at hand, they seldomly kill off popular characters/villains, as sooner or later, someone is going to want to use them. It’d either be a resurrection or a fake version is created that pales to the original.
    Last edited by Mistah K88; 03-03-2018 at 12:54 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Imago View Post
    The current Venom ongoing under Costa has its ups and downs but i think it's worth checking out; especially some issues like 150, 154 and 161. Venom inc. doesnt have too much venom, it's more Flash than anything else (even though is a Spider-man/Venom crossover), and Venomverse wasnt very good, but it sold well so now we got Venomized!! (which will probably be more of the same)
    And yeah, i'm pretty excited about Cates' Venom, i think it's gonna be a great run.
    Thanks man.