Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default X-Men Gold 23 Preview

BANNED

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I hate this already.

Callisto isn't a villain, Guggenheim, and Kitty certainly wouldn't be afraid of rooming with her.

But most importantly: last time we saw Callisto, she was running the Morlock's.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

When did "Hope you survive the experience." become something the characters say?

"Hope you survive the experience"
    This dialogue feels so dated.

Astonishing Member

Hope you survive the experience of reading X-men gold.

BANNED

ALL the Angry Mutants want to fight Kitty? ONLY Kitty why Not the other X-men who have played roles in putting them in prison more times than Kitty?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

This book cannot end soon enough.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I hate this already.

Callisto isn't a villain, Guggenheim, and Kitty certainly wouldn't be afraid of rooming with her.

But most importantly: last time we saw Callisto, she was running the Morlock's.
    Maybe Monet killed all of them when she was M-Plate.

But then again, it's Marvel. Since when do they need to care where a character last was before they start something new? lol

Monet was also the White Queen of the Hellfire Club. lets see if anyone remembers that. Last time we saw Creed, he was a good guy & travelling with M. But everyone after RsurrXion ignored that.

So best to just not question it. It's Marvel. And this is not just Marvel, but Guggenheim. lol

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    When did "Hope you survive the experience." become something the characters say?
    Is hasnt... that's Deadpool level third-wall breaking. Kitty sure shouldn't think it was "cute" with that being said. It was cute. Just a bit distracting as it's not a in-world saying. It'd be like someone putting "Uncanny" in front of the X-Men name and someone saying it was "nostalgic"... it shouldn't be. Book has way too many cliche's. Funny enough, most of Guggie's concepts are interesting. It's just his execution that's lacking.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Cliché is the good word.

What the hell Kitty? You've been friends with Morlocks, they've been allies, a bunch of them lived on Utopia, the X-men have used and relied on their tunnels.

Does she not remember the Morlock Massacre? They are a community, and they've been targetted and suffered more than most mutant groups.

BANNED

This book just gets more and more terrible with each issue.

Kitty was nicer to friggin Emma Frost.

But I guess all the Callisto issues where she didn't try to kill Kitty happened in the same issues where Kitty speaks Russian or has queer subtext. Y'know, I'm really starting to doubt Guggs' assertion that he's the biggest Kitty fan.

Extraordinary Member

I'm sure I missed the exact point, but "Hope you survive the experience" has gone from homage to meme hasn't it. I don't even want to point the finger at the writer because at least he used it referring to the person it would best apply to, but still.

And I will throw this out to anyone who has enjoyed this run, but is this negative zone big bad something that is working? I know in the good old days these threats would be slowly teased and come back again and again, but I just don't see this one as making the cut of Top X-Villains, and I think that is why I just can't get excited for this coming out.

Astonishing Member

Callisto has no inhibitor collar, that probably means she has NOT been repowered. When she fought Sabretooth in Bunn's Uncanny she fought him as a normal powerless woman.

Also, she is not evil in any way. This Kitty is a very unlikeable person who is wrong at everything.