Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats not retcon. A retcon would be saying it was one character but changing it to Xavier. Onslaught was wrapping up a dangling plotline. The reveal in and of itself wasnt a retcon
    Really ? But if Xavier's been the traitor all along, it's retroactive continuity. hence retcon. That's how I understand it. The story being time travel makes it a bit ambiguous I guess.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    explain this one please
    To be thorough, it came about during the Wolverine: Origins/X-Men: Legacy crossover Original Sin. Essentially, instead of accepting Xavier's deal to join the X-Men outta the goodness of his heart, Wolverine went to the X-Men on orders from Romulus so he could kill Xavier. The attempt fails, and Xavier then breaks his psyche and reforges it. Yeah, this was part of the "Xavier's a dick" phase in the books, but this actually helped make Logan a better person. Logan tells Charles that himself at the end of the story (if memory serves).

That whole story, while a little convoluted, made more sense to me in regards to Wolverine's character.
    Last edited by Sam Robards, Comic Fan; 02-27-2018 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Removal
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Quintin was older then anyone in the New X-Men and he was still a teenager when Jubilee stopped being undead, he is AT MOST 19, everyone else counted down from that, that's the latest on this situation, not the info on Laura.
    I'm pretty sure I remember someone saying he was 14 when he first appeared(didn't his 'parents' call him at Xaviers and tell him he was adopted or something like that?). Still, I don't believe it's been more than 3 years in-continuity(including the ghastly timeskips) since, certainly not 5.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post

Feel the SAME 'bout this SUPER-COOL CHARACTER's DevRev, and that it...

... ONLY ENHANCED...

... his already amazing awesomeness!

"A girl? Big deal! I'm glad I'm not...like you guys!"

It. It was there all along!

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

^ Nah it was meant to show his youth and innocence

The retcon of Iceman being homosexual is massively controversial and for good reason. There is difference between being homophobic and just realizing that Iceman was literally never intended to be homosexual
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I don't think Stan and Jack intended it, but you can easily look back and see it anyways. That's why I listed it as a good retcon.

That said, 16 year old boys are usually not that innocent, and the other guys are only a year or two older than him.

Innocent was the wrong word. I think immature fits better

Astonishing Member

Would Proteus being 10 when colossus killed him be a bad retcon ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    ^ Nah it was meant to show his youth and innocence

The retcon of Iceman being homosexual is massively controversial and for good reason. There is difference between being homophobic and just realizing that Iceman was literally never intended to be homosexual
    Agreed. When they try to make a character retro something. It kinda sucks without there being clues leading up to the point where the change occurs. That way we can look back over the years and go... "OH! I see it here..." and "AH! Now I get it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Would Proteus being 10 when colossus killed him be a bad retcon ?
    Yep. You could just say Kevin was lying, but it was presented as truth, and would be a huge retcon. He was closer to 20, and was about to kill Piotr(who was still 18, maybe even younger, himself).
    Last edited by yogaflame; 02-27-2018 at 12:18 PM.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

There's a fine line between that and a wolf and quite frankly dear Mr. Drake became one like them.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

After sliding down an ice pole, no less! Naughty naughty Stan & Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    After sliding down an ice pole, no less! Naughty naughty Stan & Jack.
    Look at that grip and finesse. He's been practicing!

I refuse to believe it's been 4 years since Utopia, but the 05 came from like '10' years ago.
    The O5 or the """O5"""?

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Empath was 20 in 2009 when he was blinded by Pixie
    Really???? How old is Magma then? But also, I think we tend to think of the New X-Men as much younger than the New Mutants/Gen X simply because of when they were introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Where was your it stated that Laura was 20 years old?
    In the Orohans of X storyline, Daken says Laura was cloned around 20 years ago. Plus, Taylor said she's around 20.

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...686107648?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    1) Jubilee turned 18 in issue 11 of Gischler’s X-men run (she was 17 when she was turned - she says as much in Wolverine & Jubilee #1). She’s now supposedly 19 or 20 (chronologically - but still 17 physically).

2) Legal drinking age in Canada falls under provincial jurisdiction, and varies depending on where you are. The legal age for purchase is: 19 years of age in BC, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Ontario, PEI, Saskatchewan, and Yukon. 18 years of age in Alberta, Manitoba, and Quebec.

3) No matter how painfully complicated the sliding time scale, never wash painkillers down with red wine.
    1) That's so weird. So she's like a year or teo older than most of her students. But also understandable considering her dynamics with most of the students.

2) I took the statement from Northstar as meaning she's legal in all of Canada. Kind of like if someone were to say they're legal drinking age in the US, we'd take that statement to mean they're 21, where they are old enough to drink in all the states.

3) blegh

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Quintin was older then anyone in the New X-Men and he was still a teenager when Jubilee stopped being undead, he is AT MOST 19, everyone else counted down from that, that's the latest on this situation, not the info on Laura.
    Who made Quire the oldest?