Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

The term omega mutant only applies to that person when they are making their point. I would know, I'm an omega mutant.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    What do you guys feel about Wolverine's claws? Within Claremont's run, they were stated to be mechanical, added by Weapon Plus, however, after Fatal Attractions, it became a mutation. Was it important? Do you think it would have added anything to the character?
    I don't care for the bone claws. It never made any sense to me. I always thought that they were implanted.
    x-men-140-logan-panel.jpg
    Last edited by Mike; 02-27-2018 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I don't care for the bone claws. It never made any sense to me. I always thought that they were implanted.
    x-men-140-logan-panel.jpg
    I don't like the bone claws or the sickly rich boy origins. I could accept the idea that his body would grow new bone claws after Magneto messed him up as a survival mechanism, but the flashbacks from his pre-Weapon X days showed he didn't have claws in WW2, etc.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Would Proteus being 10 when colossus killed him be a bad retcon ?
    You know, I didn't know that was a retcon when I read the latest Astonishing X-Men. But I haven't read the original Proteus story. I only know Proteus from the Fox X-Men cartoon in which he was a kid.

I actually like Romulus/Azazel/Cassandra Nova as villains, different breeds of mutants who can be true masterminds and have connections to specific characters.

Good:
    Storm and Black Panther
    Wolverine Origins/Logan's Healing Amnesia
    Vulcan
    Pixie related to the Mastermind/Mastermind Sisters
    Angel and Icarus have healing powers
    For me this version of Emma Frost...

Bad:
    Jean - "Bobby You're Gay."
    Sabretooth keeping his mom alive
    Xorn
    Mystique and Xavier and have a kid together, Charles Jr.
    Characters who died but are brought because the writer forgot they died (Black Tom is one)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Man I agree with this one so much. For me that stupid story where they came up with Apocalypse being just a creature that jumps from body to body idea is where the character really started falling apart. I have wished for a long time that it would be revealed that the real En Saban Nur has been healing ever since the end of X-Cutioner's Song and all the apperances since then was just a fake created by Ozymandias to cover for the fact his master was healing.
    Agree with this 100%. The character has been systematically degraded.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I disagree completely. I prefer Apocalypse to be a title, like, I don't know, Pope, with successors and predecessors.
    I don't really like this, as it diminishes his whole self-centered "survival of fittest" schtick. The inference was always that he expected himself to be the fittest, and he mostly was.

I was just scrolling through the Cyclops thread, when I remembered about his power retcon. Am I the only one who dislikes the fact that his eyes are portals to another dimension- instead of just being that the energy is what he absorbs - in the same vein as Havok?
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    I was just scrolling through the Cyclops thread, when I remembered about his power retcon. Am I the only one who dislikes the fact that his eyes are portals to another dimension- instead of just being that the energy is what he absorbs - in the same vein as Havok?
    Was that ever really confirmed or just speculation? I feel like that theory has been bounced around for a while, but not definitively applied to Scott. Whereas his solar-absorbing/other energy absorbing aspect has been printed in the comics many times(he used to run out of energy all the time in the original run).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Was that ever really confirmed or just speculation? I feel like that theory has been bounced around for a while, but not definitively applied to Scott. Whereas his solar-absorbing/other energy absorbing aspect has been printed in the comics many times(he used to run out of energy all the time in the original run).
    It’s definitely not something that EVER comes up. I don’t know where fans got that from but I don’t think any Cuclops writer writes with that in mind

I've looked around and can't find any scans from X-Comics, proving this. However, in two official handbooks state that it comes from a different dimension- though one inbetween uses the sunlight explanation. Then, I found an Ultimates (Squared) scan where America Chavez punched her way through a dimension and she travels through one of 'pure, endless, concussive force', coloured red, so...

EDIT: This is what I was referring to:

9w2res1aaiaz.jpg
    Last edited by WheelchairX; 02-28-2018 at 04:21 PM.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

There's way too many to name... but my main gripe would probably be...
    Vulcan.

The retconned the Bible of X-Men comics.

With an over the top way too complicated to believe (even in comics) - rather than going with what Fabian was laying out.

I literally rip apart why this was such a stupid idea with the whole Vulcan thing here: http://comicreliefpodcast.com/archives/1692
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

The best: Magneto being Wanda and Pietro's father,

By far the worst: Magneto not being really the father of Wanda and Pietro.Charles and Raven being married and Logan being a part of the original, original X-Men before the 05. Y'know the one with the art by Neal Adams? Yuck.

Worst: The many Phoenix retcons. The Bendis 05.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Worst Retcon

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    There's way too many to name... but my main gripe would probably be...
    Vulcan.

The retconned the Bible of X-Men comics.

With an over the top way too complicated to believe (even in comics) - rather than going with what Fabian was laying out.

I literally rip apart why this was such a stupid idea with the whole Vulcan thing here: http://comicreliefpodcast.com/archives/1692
    Totally agree with this.