Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    This preview shows the heroic, compassionate spirit of Storm's heart. That "hi" she and the girl said to each other was priceless. The inner dialog going on with Storm was also excellent characterization. Ororo's character and her fans are in for a treat with Pak. He is the absolute BEST pick to write her series.
    I second this. The scene with the girl touches on one of the questions I had for Pak's interview a few weeks back. I wanted to know if we would get to see the reaction from the people she helped and how that would effect the worl'd perception of her and, by extension of her acts, mutants as a whole. The preview is saying so much for me with respect to this books direction and potential for her character.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Rolling my eyes at Beast telling Storm she can't stop a tsunami
    Yes.
    Quit projecting your worthlessness on everyone else, HANK.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yes.
    Lol ouch....
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yes.
    How no one calls him on this is beyond me
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    Lol ouch....
    Well come on.
    SCIENCE guy who looks like an Ape went and fecked up all his SCIENCE shiz bringing and breaking the O5 etc etc.
    Let the WEATHER lady talk to the WEATHER. Return to your Sodoku, McCoy. Nobody wants you. Not even Brand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    How no one calls him on this is beyond me
    omg PREACH.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Here are the previews dahling. Big up to Windrider for posting:

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I can't wait! So amazing!

@Windrider Thax For posting the letter previews.
    This just made my day.
    Really xcited for this series.
    GO PAK!! GO!!!

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

*Recites Mantra*
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    Trust me, when I say that your opinion if it is not glowing praise will lead to nothing but you getting ganged up on and attacked quite soon. If you dislike the preview you will be told "it is only a couple of pages" if you love it it will be "the best characterization ever! He SOOOOOOOOOO gets her inner goddess and her voice. This is going to be bibilical"...from the same pages. Been there, done that, just check the unlettered preview thread for examples.
    I respect you for having an opinion though, don't EVER lose that quality.
    Any thread with Storm in the title becomes a defacto appreciation thread, the whole rule of "owning a thread" does not apply to errrybody.
    That said "It's all good..." lame, and in the last preview page she does appear to be passing gas.
    The "hi." was cute.

There is a reason I have been posting much more on the Avengers threads than here now.

Im sad to say but "Quoted for the truth" "RNS!"

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    Not all fans are delusional,
    LMAO!!!!

Side note I do see that they did indeed update her logo.
    Not loving it thought, was hoping for a better design but nothing to grab the pitchfork and torches over.

Hi storm

The centered center of the chaos - the shelter from the barrage of bullets and bulldozers...the calm heart of the embittered furor...hello, good to see you Ororo.
    Here's a hero I can get behind...right there in the peace of her shadow.

Damn, it's good to see Ororo - it's high time the X-Men save THIS world - THIS one right here - in this critical past/future present - we need a hero like Storm.

Comics began when the threat of evil was real and the need for heroes relevant. The world was at war - the worst imaginable embodiment of man's cruelty was engaged in a genocide that threatened every nation and forced us all to band closer together and to create new visions for our victory and enduring strength.

Now is no different, the enemy has no state, no nation and resides in the very fundamental indifference of mankind to the our shared responsibility to one another and the planet.

We've endured enough distraction from the real 'bad guy' and we've had enough apocalyptic nightmare and boogie man beat beatdowns...

This is going to be an awesome comic. It's not just Spidey who should shoulder the 'responsibility' of caring for his family, his city and the world - like a human...with powers to make a difference...like we all have.
    It's good to see Ororo stand up to that mantle. She's always been THIS hero in the X-Men. And each enduring X-Man in their own way has at times shown their own mettle as a champion for all-humanity.

I hope this preview empties the arenas of a few of the redundant gladiatorial hero vs. hero events and helps bring the focus back to why these heroes matter and how important they can be.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Niffleheim

Loving all her titles and her hands of power. I can't wait.
    Last edited by Tofali; 07-17-2014 at 07:56 PM.

I know there are a lot of gods and goddesses in the Marvel Universe, but I still content that Storm is the only one that deserves worship and this preview offers a perfect explanation as to why.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Vice High Priest ~ CTT

Omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg!!!!!!!!