Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is going to be a hard story indeed, the kind that has become a staple classic for DD. Waid hasnt disappointed in this run so I hope he'll deliver another memorable tale.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

I don't follow the Original Sin event, but I really enjoyed this issue. Is there a chance that Matt's vision could be skewed and that's not really what happened? All in all good, but sad issue. That double page spread when he's listening in the building was absolutely brilliant.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Not happy about Jack Murdock being a wife beater.

A few posters at scans_daily noted that Jack has scratches on his face in that scene. Speculation is that Maggie may have been trying to harm Matt in some way (maybe she was suffering from severe post-partum depression. Maybe she was on some bad drugs that made her hallucinate her baby as a monster. Who knows?), and she attacked Jack when he came home and intervened, making his action self-defense mixed in with a bit of fighting reflexes. This would go a long way toward justifying one bit of the backstory: Maggie/Grace's believing that Matt was better off without her and with Jack—something hard to stomach if Jack was a habitual abuser.

Why is the Wakandan officer and the US General letting Daredevil go? They make this whole song and dance that they will hush up the 3 nuns and deport them to Wakanda, but they have DD on a plate and don't dispose of him? Something fishy going on here.

Also, isn't it about time Matt Murdoch upgraded his suit to include an automatic sound dampened switch when he gets sound attacked?

This book was very interesting because it shows how powerless Matt Murdoch is in these legal situations. But this one, with the 3 nuns is something like went on in Civil War, where the government hides the privileged relationship with foreign countries behind lawlessness against their own citizens. That same thing happened with Norman Osborn being shut away under water in the hope that other prisoners would dispose of him. But this seems out of proportion to the spray painting of walls.

The other thing I don't understand is how do the nuns find out there are chemical Warfare testing in that installation, when it was so hush hush in the first place? Reliably informed is how Sister Maggie puts it. What the hell are nuns doing being involved in civil disobedience about secret installations, that are dismantled and emptied as soon as someone is arrested? Why not put a bullet in the nuns heads and the same with Daredevil, if it's that hush hush?

On the big Orb bomb double page, can somebody tell me who is the blond haired lady in the middle of the page with the tiara and the big spikes on her shoulders carrying the sword?
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-26-2014 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Why is the Wakandan officer and the US General letting Daredevil go? They make this whole song and dance that they will hush up the 3 nuns and deport them to Wakanda, but they have DD on a plate and don't dispose of him? Something fishy going on here.

Also, isn't it about time Matt Murdoch upgraded his suit to include an automatic sound dampened switch when he gets sound attacked?

This book was very interesting because it shows how powerless Matt Murdoch is in these legal situations. But this one, with the 3 nuns is something like went on in Civil War, where the government hides the privileged relationship with foreign countries behind lawlessness against their own citizens. That same thing happened with Norman Osborn being shut away under water in the hope that other prisoners would dispose of him. But this seems out of proportion to the spray painting of walls.

The other thing I don't understand is how do the nuns find out there are chemical Warfare testing in that installation, when it was so hush hush in the first place? Reliably informed is how Sister Maggie puts it. What the hell are nuns doing being involved in civil disobedience about secret installations, that are dismantled and emptied as soon as someone is arrested? Why not put a bullet in the nuns heads and the same with Daredevil, if it's that hush hush?

On the big Orb bomb double page, can somebody tell me who is the blond haired lady in the middle of the page with the tiara and the big spikes on her shoulders carrying the sword?

This is something that bothers me about super hero comics in general. Hero costumes/character design is not functional. Look at Magneto, don't you think the guy would walk around with tubes of mercury attached to his belt so he always had some kind of metal on hand if he needed to use it? Moving on.
    I too believe there is more than meets the eye involving Matts dad. Is this the first story where we get a confirmed name and reveal of Matts mother?

Back in Guardian Devil, Matt confronted her, told her that he knew she was his mother and she admitted it. He'd believed it since Born Again. As for the Grace-Maggie... I've been told that her given name is Grace Margaret, but haven't seen the issues myself.

Fantastic Member

Since the trades are paperback is there a chance later than this 2nd run will be collected as OHC like the first was?