Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kevin Smith has Massive Heart Attack

His own Tweet at the Hospital

https://twitter.com/ThatKevinSmith/s...38297200091136

After the first show this evening, I had a massive heart attack. The Doctor who saved my life told me I had 100% blockage of my LAD artery (aka “the Widow-Maker”). If I hadn’t canceled show 2 to go to the hospital, I would’ve died tonight. But for now, I’m still above ground!

Thoughts and Prayers to him and his family.

I hope he pulls through.

I hope he gets well soon. Prayers and best wishes.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Whoa! Best wishes to Kevin.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

speedy recovery get well soon--

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Yikes, hope he's ok.

Bloody hell, hope it works out ok.

He looks like he pulled through. But "total blockage", he needs a serious lifestyle change from here on.
    Let's hope he comes through.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Glad that Kevin is doing okay! I was very much into his flicks and university lectures (funny as hell and filled with amazing stories) when I was a teenager and enjoyed working on his BvS request, so glad that he’s doing better now!

I was sort of shocked, I always enjoyed reading his comics (especially the Green Arrow ones), loved some of his earlier films (for example, Chasing Amy still holds up pretty well to this very day, I believe), listening to his radio/YouTube stories, observing interviews with a lot of artists that worked on Batman (be it comics, films or TAS). Not to mention that his encounter with Prince was a legendary standup routine in and on itself.

Also, the way he handled that DCEU special a few years ago was classy. He's a real standup guy, Kevin Smith. One of those individuals whose passion (the world of comics & pop culture) was transformed into something much bigger. I mean, his daughter's name is Harley, so that sort of tells you what kind of a man he is, really.

Thank god that he dodged a bullet there! That was a close one, for sure...

BANNED

Not surprising given his weight. The same thing happened to John Candy. Hope that this scares him enough to get healthy. Palio diet is a good start.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

He's lost 85 pounds... unfortunately the damage that was done before that remained. Having survived this, if he keeps the weight off and keeps his lifestyle healthy he should have a much lower than usual chance of having a repeat heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Not surprising given his weight. The same thing happened to John Candy. Hope that this scares him enough to get healthy. Palio diet is a good start.
    Whilst he's still fat he has been losing a lot of weight in the last few years, apparently he watched a documentary about sugar which had scared him into giving it up completely.

Man I hope he's ok. Seems like a genuinely nice guy, funny as he'll. I think he's a better comedian then he is film maker but he's to modest to ever call himself a comedian. He don't realize his lectures are stand up. The Prince story and the one about peters?(Or whoever wanted giant spider in superman) are hilarious.

@Mia he lost a **** load of weight. He looks like he put a little bit back on but go watch fat man on Batman from early last year you could see the weight loss in his face.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 02-26-2018 at 08:33 AM.

He seems like such a good dude. When his name popped up in the headlines, I feared the worst. Here's hoping he really pulls through.

Jeez, this reminds me of Bendis' recent health scare too much for comfort .

I wish Mr. Smith a speedy and successful recovery .