Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Lol. I thought from your title. The 'Last Son' story. One thing i can't understand. Why would Jor-El try to steal it? It looks like the Kryptonian council were doing the right thing for once.
    They were only trying to save themselves. They didn't care about the rest of the planet.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

First post. Woohoo!

First off, full reboot. The Zack Snyder Extended Universe is a dead end.

1-Cast a younger actor in the role, around 25 years old. The first movie (simply titled Superman) is a blend of Byrne's MoS, Morrison's Action arc, Birthright, and Secret Origin. Examples:

We open with Clark in Africa. He's been traveling the world for about 5 years since graduating. He has all of his powers but they're at roughly-GA levels. No flight yet, though he can leap tremendous distances.

After the Africa sequence, Clark returns home to Jonathan and Martha. Martha develops the suit with Clark and in a departure from all cinematic Superman movies, the \S/ is not Kryptonian. Jonathan and Clark design it a la Byrne's Man of Steel.

Clark heads to Metropolis (he's been freelancing since graduating with a degree in journalism) and interviews with Perry. Perry is impressed but tells Clark there are no openings. Clark meets Lois and Jimmy at this time. He falls for Lois immediately (she doesn't notice he exists) and he and Jimmy become friends. Clark's back-up pans out: a job at The Daily Star.
    Clark's first assignment is interviewing an old acquaintance from Smallville: Lexcorp CEO Lex Luthor, a mix of scientific genius and savvy businessman. His personality is heavily influenced by the Smallville version.

When not working for TDS, Clark operates as Superman in the iconic suit (trunks included). He moves so fast that he's never seen clearly, just a red and blue blur. This all changes when Luthor, who's obsessed with the mysterious and alleged super-person fighting injustice and saving lives in Metropolis, helps Sam Lane take Clark out with a bullet train, a la Morrison's arc. Luthor and Lane grill him for information and torture him, but Clark escapes with the military in pursuit.

He's seen leaping to freedom and he's no longer an urban legend. Lois witnesses his escape and Jimmy captures it on film. Lois names the mystery man "Superman."

In orbit, an alien being has been analyzing Earth's transmissions. He witnesses Superman's escape and that Luthor claims responsibility, spinning things to make it look like he was protecting Metropolis from a "dangerous being." The alien recognizes Superman and acknowledges that Luthor must be worthy of making contact with if he could stop Superman for even a short time. The alien is Brainiac.

Clark continues as Superman, feared by some but loved by those he saves. The Daily Star is under the gun and with Lois getting the scoop and naming him, George Taylor tasks Clark with getting an exclusive interview. Clark has no trouble doing so and he makes waves in Metropolis with his interview. Lois finally notices him.

Meanwhile, Brainiac has contacted Luthor through the latter's satellites and computers. Brainiac tells Luthor he wants Superman and that he can give Luthor tech and knowledge beyond his wildest imagination. Luthor wants one thing: Metropolis. Brainiac promises a plan that will help them both get what they want.

Brainiac's skull ship descends into Earth's atmosphere and despite a valiant effort on the part of the Air Force, Metropolis is shrunk and bottled. Brainiac promises that Luthor will be able to manipulate Metropolis in its shrunken state and ensure he is its master when it's restored. Luthor promised Superman would be in the city when it's shrunk, but he double-crosses Brainiac by luring Superman outside the range of the alien's shrink ray. He's come to hate Superman and wants him for himself. Brainiac breaks his promise to beam Luthor out of the city before the shrinking, trapping Luthor along with the rest of Metropolis.

We get the amazing scene from Morrison's arc that sees Clark race up a flatbed trailer and launch into the sky to get to Brainiac's ship. He battles Brainiac while the shrunken people of Metropolis look on. If there had been any doubt among some of its citizens that Superman was a force for good, they're completely dispelled by his willingness to risk himself to save them and their city. He can hear their cheers with his super-hearing and is able to defeat Brainiac. Superman learns how to restore Metropolis at super-speed and does so. Luthor is furious that he was unable to get Metropolis or Superman, and devotes himself to finding a way to reclaim the city from the alien usurper.

Clark programs Brainiac's ship to take it lightyears away from Earth and any other inhabited system. He abandons the ship and after surviving re-entry, discovers a new ability: he can fly!

Superman returns to Metropolis and after making sure all is returning to normal, writes the story about Superman's defeat of Brainiac and rescue of Metropolis. Taylor reads the story before telling Clark that while it's one of the best stories he's ever read, it's not enough to save The Daily Star. Taylor tells Clark he called his old friend, Perry, and gave him a stellar recommendation. The Daily Star folds soon after and Clark joins the city beat with his new partner, Lois Lane.

A post-credit scene reveals that Luthor was able to double-cross Brainiac in another way: he accessed much of Brainiac's database when the alien communicated through the Lexcorp satellites. The scene ends with Luthor scanning images and data on various items of interest, like Brainiac's ship, the planet Krypton, and kryptonite. A chilling grin spreads across his face as we cut to black.

Director: Brad Bird. Screenplay by Bird with credits to Morrison, Waid, and Johns. My pick for Clark/Superman is Liam Hemsworth or an unknown.

Amazing Member

The scene opens with lights blinding past , a fist is seen , then the arm , and it spans over to the big red s....
    as Superman lands gently in his apartment in Metroplois , he removes the L ring from his finger , opens a portal in his closet to the fortress of solitude and he steps through.
    He sits at a bank of computers and slumps , grey salt and peppering his hair , he first focuses on a comotose Bruce Wayne in a bed in the mansion , and then on a caped figure swiniging through the night sky like only an areial trapesze artist could.
    Kal-El leans back and starts to snooze , time travel does that and he dreams , dreams of his first days in Metropolis.....and have the story of Superman: Earth One , with a VERY shortened origin section.

Directed by Taika Waititi , adapted by Gail Simone from JMS original.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
    First post. Woohoo!

1-Cast a younger actor in the role, around 25 years old. The first movie (simply titled Superman) is a blend of Byrne's MoS, Morrison's Action arc, Birthright, and Secret Origin. Examples:

We open with Clark in Africa. He's been traveling the world for about 5 years since graduating. He has all of his powers but they're at roughly-GA levels. No flight yet, though he can leap tremendous distances.

After the Africa sequence, Clark returns home to Jonathan and Martha. Martha develops the suit with Clark and in a departure from all cinematic Superman movies, the \S/ is not Kryptonian. Jonathan and Clark design it a la Byrne's Man of Steel.

Clark heads to Metropolis (he's been freelancing since graduating with a degree in journalism) and interviews with Perry. Perry is impressed but tells Clark there are no openings. Clark meets Lois and Jimmy at this time. He falls for Lois immediately (she doesn't notice he exists) and he and Jimmy become friends. Clark's back-up pans out: a job at The Daily Star.
    Clark's first assignment is interviewing an old acquaintance from Smallville: Lexcorp CEO Lex Luthor, a mix of scientific genius and savvy businessman. His personality is heavily influenced by the Smallville version.

When not working for TDS, Clark operates as Superman in the iconic suit (trunks included). He moves so fast that he's never seen clearly, just a red and blue blur. This all changes when Luthor, who's obsessed with the mysterious and alleged super-person fighting injustice and saving lives in Metropolis, helps Sam Lane take Clark out with a bullet train, a la Morrison's arc. Luthor and Lane grill him for information and torture him, but Clark escapes with the military in pursuit.

He's seen leaping to freedom and he's no longer an urban legend. Lois witnesses his escape and Jimmy captures it on film. Lois names the mystery man "Superman."

In orbit, an alien being has been analyzing Earth's transmissions. He witnesses Superman's escape and that Luthor claims responsibility, spinning things to make it look like he was protecting Metropolis from a "dangerous being." The alien recognizes Superman and acknowledges that Luthor must be worthy of making contact with if he could stop Superman for even a short time. The alien is Brainiac.

Clark continues as Superman, feared by some but loved by those he saves. The Daily Star is under the gun and with Lois getting the scoop and naming him, George Taylor tasks Clark with getting an exclusive interview. Clark has no trouble doing so and he makes waves in Metropolis with his interview. Lois finally notices him.

Meanwhile, Brainiac has contacted Luthor through the latter's satellites and computers. Brainiac tells Luthor he wants Superman and that he can give Luthor tech and knowledge beyond his wildest imagination. Luthor wants one thing: Metropolis. Brainiac promises a plan that will help them both get what they want.

Brainiac's skull ship descends into Earth's atmosphere and despite a valiant effort on the part of the Air Force, Metropolis is shrunk and bottled. Brainiac promises that Luthor will be able to manipulate Metropolis in its shrunken state and ensure he is its master when it's restored. Luthor promised Superman would be in the city when it's shrunk, but he double-crosses Brainiac by luring Superman outside the range of the alien's shrink ray. He's come to hate Superman and wants him for himself. Brainiac breaks his promise to beam Luthor out of the city before the shrinking, trapping Luthor along with the rest of Metropolis.

We get the amazing scene from Morrison's arc that sees Clark race up a flatbed trailer and launch into the sky to get to Brainiac's ship. He battles Brainiac while the shrunken people of Metropolis look on. If there had been any doubt among some of its citizens that Superman was a force for good, they're completely dispelled by his willingness to risk himself to save them and their city. He can hear their cheers with his super-hearing and is able to defeat Brainiac. Superman learns how to restore Metropolis at super-speed and does so. Luthor is furious that he was unable to get Metropolis or Superman, and devotes himself to finding a way to reclaim the city from the alien usurper.

Clark programs Brainiac's ship to take it lightyears away from Earth and any other inhabited system. He abandons the ship and after surviving re-entry, discovers a new ability: he can fly!

Superman returns to Metropolis and after making sure all is returning to normal, writes the story about Superman's defeat of Brainiac and rescue of Metropolis. Taylor reads the story before telling Clark that while it's one of the best stories he's ever read, it's not enough to save The Daily Star. Taylor tells Clark he called his old friend, Perry, and gave him a stellar recommendation. The Daily Star folds soon after and Clark joins the city beat with his new partner, Lois Lane.

A post-credit scene reveals that Luthor was able to double-cross Brainiac in another way: he accessed much of Brainiac's database when the alien communicated through the Lexcorp satellites. The scene ends with Luthor scanning images and data on various items of interest, like Brainiac's ship, the planet Krypton, and kryptonite. A chilling grin spreads across his face as we cut to black.

Director: Brad Bird. Screenplay by Bird with credits to Morrison, Waid, and Johns. My pick for Clark/Superman is Liam Hemsworth or an unknown.
    Nice ideas and welcome.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Nice ideas and welcome.
    Thank you!

Thank you!
    Welcome Atlas! Hope you enjoy your time here.

I like the way you have mixed so many ideas trying to take their best elements. Golden Age, Birthright, Brainiac, New 52 and so on.

Which one was Bryne's? I could not catch that.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 03-01-2018 at 11:02 AM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Superman is the one character if any that I trust not to require an origin. Show confidence in him by taking that recognition for granted. He's Superman: everyone knows who he is. They know Krypton, Clark, Lois, Lex, etc. I'd go with building around him. If that sounds like a cliche, focusing on cast or villains instead, etc. I have to say that this is what the best of the Marvel movies do well. And even DC: can you imagine if they downplayed Joker and Gordon and whoever to play up Baleman in TDK? If we focus too much on what Superman goes through it might come off that he's a guy who gets too deep into his feelings. And he doesn't need to be ah... on the screen so much in between the moments where he has an answer, haha. If that makes sense. At the same time as ingrained into some other movies as those things were, I wouldn't necessarily reboot. Again, people know Superman so you can hit the ground running.

I'd really want Armie Hammer. I was utterly convinced seeing him alongside Cavill in UNCLE. That stunt-ish leaping about, his uniquely convincing brute despite kind of a boyish look. At 6'5" he towers when he needs to, but you can largely position people so that height isn't comparable to create a subtle effect with Clark, I think. Not that I've tried it, haha. But towering for Superman and starting off by engaging in a battle of wills against a psychic named Milton Fine, and having the latter man's psyche break against his. From there I like the idea of sporadic Superman rescues.

For a secondary lead I would go with Morgan Edge. It almost feels criminal to not have Bob Odenkirk play Edge while he is physically able. I didn't say villain because he's better than that, though. Morgan Edge is a great American story. He's not a grand villain, he's a flawed, sleazy businessman stuck between a titanic menace like Luthor and a guy who can do anything. His pervy old dad trying to keep him under the thumb his whole life and now trying to wrest away the empire he's built. The story of Edge to me is like Oliver Stone's W. and I'd make it as fantastic as Slumdog Millionaire. This boy encouraged to entitled lousiness all his life falls to prayer at the feet of a dark alien god. At the height of WGBS, he buys the Planet and fires almost everyone but Clark, who ends up being pretty well promoted. There he meets Cat Grant, a single mom from a rocky Hollywood relationship who finds motivation through Clark and friends (Lois and Perry come back in) to call Edge out on his seediness and kicks off the uncovering of Intergang, where poor Edge becomes a target.

He's on his death bed when he tethers to the mind of another powerful alien, who recounts a similar life journey and together they rebound from mental destruction. Edge lashes out like a cornered rat with protection staffed by "Darkseid" and taking out the most functional parts of Intergang and much evidence while the alien conscience, Vril Dox, moves to escape. Edge is foiled, getting just a light sentence while WGBS gets usurped by Vinnie Edge. Who reinstates the Planet out of spite rather than caring about the pleas of Clark and Cat. Superman chases a physically reconstructed Vril Dox, eventually swearing at the escape and vowing to catch him soon.

So basically, it'd be an adaptation of what of my favorite comics:

Followed by the Brainiac Trilogy. It would set up Panic in the Sky for its sequel, which in this case would concern the Legion instead of JLI because they could use the association in other media.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    ^ This.

If not, start off with Superman in the New52 Kryptonian body armor and high collar (No trunks), but with the John L. Williams theme blaring constantly, and have him beat up people. He hangs out as a regular guy with Jim Olson and Bruce Wayne and drinks beer (Albeit in the semi-geeky Clark Kent persona, but that whole thing would be played more as "average guy" and less as "super-geek", and he'd be doing it with a wink and a nod. Bruce or Jim would complain about how he always outdrinks them but never seems to get drunk or lose his coordination, and then he'd intentionally face-splat onto the sidewalk and be picked up by one of his pals who'd say "Whoa buddy, I guess I spoke too soon" as a laugh-line for the audience. ). A lot more intimidating than usual in costume, eyes grow a lot. Makes the occasional badass remark and even jokes in a grim way, but at the same time there is that Superman optimism and smile and fight for a better tomorrow, and a faith in the overall goodness of humankind. He's pro-social justice in a generic sense of sticking up for the poor, minorities, and the oppressed. Though he loves America, he questions blind patriotism and nationalism and believes true American ideals are in opposition to those notions he questions.

Actually, some derivative of the chase scene with Superman and Batman from the New52 Justice League's first issue (I think it was the first issue anyway), where the government is chasing Superman and Batman is trying to figure out who he is might work as an opening.

Superman would be muscular but still somewhat skinny. More James Bond than Hulk Hogan. More muscle than Christopher Reeve, but not the hulking Superman sometimes portrayed in the comics. Just look at the New52 Superman as a reference and cast someone who looks like that.

One thing I would *not* *under any circumstances* do is go back to the origin story where Kal is a baby on Krypton and found in the midwest and grows up in Smallville and raised by Jonathan and Martha, etc.. Those would be an implicit part of the character's background, but I wouldn't show any of it on-screen- we've seen it too many times, it's like how the Batman movies show Bruce's parents getting shot in every single freaking movie. Enough. Everyone knows how Superman reached planet earth and grew up on a farm. Move on. I also wouldn't likely include Clark's parents or Smallville in the movie itself. Maybe he'd mention them each once to sort of do a hat tip, but the overall tone of the movie I'd write wouldn't fit with dwelling on them.

Superman would be 25-32 (apparent age). Single. No children. We'd see Perry White (Who would smoke a cigar), Lois Lane (Who Clark would remark is hot or have a crush on, but would not be dating and who would not know his secret identity- in fact, I'd have him kiss a few pretty girls and rescue a few women who swoon over him over the course of the movie. It'd be one of those deals where you could tell he really liked Lois, but wasn't putting him life on hold for her and was somewhat happily playing the field while he waited until the time was right where he thought he could have a relationship with her.), and the Daily Planet, but Jim Olson, who would be Superman's age and his good hard-partying regular guy friend would be the most seen Daily Planet character.
    Bruce doesn't drink alcohol. Ever. He's too driven to do anything that would dull his edge. I hated that scene from Yang's run almost as much as the buzz cut and cop-punching.

I love the panel. There exists an entire thread which exists to discuss Supes' superdi**kerry. To be honest i won't count this one as one. Its simply to say that over time he becomes really polite. Look at how his words are very polite and proper. But there's a hint of a jovial and fun nature.

I would not select New 52 if i wish. I prefer Birthright. But it has already been done. The biggest advantages are one can be really creative in action sequences. Imagine Golden Age style of action where he jumps and runs and so on bringing a dynamic and breathless form of action. It can be properly captured in today's technology.

And setting character work for future stories. What happened that he mellowed down over time? Tragedy? Suffering? Conscious choice? Yes a conscious choice can work too. If he becomes more and more powerful and starts worrying that are others seeing me as a bully? Such ideas can be explored in sequels if this one succeeds.

I started with one film. Make one film. But we know that when speaking of the likes of Superman further films are desirable. Kind of how Batman Begins works on its own. But it ends with a hint to Joker. An Easter egg. Ot necessarily a plot point but can be chosen to explore if the first one succeeds. But one may choose to ignore it as one may choose.
    Welcome Atlas! Hope you enjoy your time here.

I like the way you have mixed so many ideas trying to take their best elements. Golden Age, Birthright, Brainiac, New 52 and so on.

Which one was Bryne's? I could not catch that.
    The main thing I took from Byrne's MoS is Clark, Jonathan, and Martha working together to create the Superman uniform and that the \S/ is not a Kryptonian symbol. I actually prefer it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Superman is the one character if any that I trust not to require an origin. Show confidence in him by taking that recognition for granted. He's Superman: everyone knows who he is. They know Krypton, Clark, Lois, Lex, etc. I'd go with building around him. If that sounds like a cliche, focusing on cast or villains instead, etc. I have to say that this is what the best of the Marvel movies do well. And even DC: can you imagine if they downplayed Joker and Gordon and whoever to play up Baleman in TDK? If we focus too much on what Superman goes through it might come off that he's a guy who gets too deep into his feelings. And he doesn't need to be ah... on the screen so much in between the moments where he has an answer, haha. If that makes sense. At the same time as ingrained into some other movies as those things were, I wouldn't necessarily reboot. Again, people know Superman so you can hit the ground running.

I'd really want Armie Hammer. I was utterly convinced seeing him alongside Cavill in UNCLE. That stunt-ish leaping about, his uniquely convincing brute despite kind of a boyish look. At 6'5" he towers when he needs to, but you can largely position people so that height isn't comparable to create a subtle effect with Clark, I think. Not that I've tried it, haha. But towering for Superman and starting off by engaging in a battle of wills against a psychic named Milton Fine, and having the latter man's psyche break against his. From there I like the idea of sporadic Superman rescues.

For a secondary lead I would go with Morgan Edge. It almost feels criminal to not have Bob Odenkirk play Edge while he is physically able. I didn't say villain because he's better than that, though. Morgan Edge is a great American story. He's not a grand villain, he's a flawed, sleazy businessman stuck between a titanic menace like Luthor and a guy who can do anything. His pervy old dad trying to keep him under the thumb his whole life and now trying to wrest away the empire he's built. The story of Edge to me is like Oliver Stone's W. and I'd make it as fantastic as Slumdog Millionaire. This boy encouraged to entitled lousiness all his life falls to prayer at the feet of a dark alien god. At the height of WGBS, he buys the Planet and fires almost everyone but Clark, who ends up being pretty well promoted. There he meets Cat Grant, a single mom from a rocky Hollywood relationship who finds motivation through Clark and friends (Lois and Perry come back in) to call Edge out on his seediness and kicks off the uncovering of Intergang, where poor Edge becomes a target.

He's on his death bed when he tethers to the mind of another powerful alien, who recounts a similar life journey and together they rebound from mental destruction. Edge lashes out like a cornered rat with protection staffed by "Darkseid" and taking out the most functional parts of Intergang and much evidence while the alien conscience, Vril Dox, moves to escape. Edge is foiled, getting just a light sentence while WGBS gets usurped by Vinnie Edge. Who reinstates the Planet out of spite rather than caring about the pleas of Clark and Cat. Superman chases a physically reconstructed Vril Dox, eventually swearing at the escape and vowing to catch him soon.

Followed by the Brainiac Trilogy. It would set up Panic in the Sky for its sequel, which in this case would concern the Legion instead of JLI because they could use the association in other media.
    Love these 80s/90s era influences. There's so much there to mine for media adaptations but WB doesn't seem to go back past 10-20 years unless it's TDKR. I also wish they'd take the right cues from Marvel and make lesser-known villains and characters work. I'd rather see someone like Toyman or Parasite built into an interesting villain than yet another version of Lex or relying on Doomsday. I also agree with you on Armie Hammer and thought of him, but he's older than I was shooting for in my proposal. He'd be perfect and ironically has the height and build for Superman despite being considered for Batman in JL Mortal. Batman should not tower over Superman. Hammer is a good three-four inches taller than DJ Cotrona, who was cast as Superman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    If they are going to restart Superman, I would just give it to Matthew Vaughn and let him run free. Only thing I would tell him to do is a action scene as crazy and fun as the church scene from Kingsman. Maybe he could do that trilogy that Millar talked, that would tell Superman story until the sun become red and he is depowered.

One idea for a Superman movie that have been in mind for some time, is a cross between Hereafter(the Justice League cartoon episode) and John Carter.
    I'd love the Millar that wrote Superman Adventures to write a Superman film. The current Millar thinks Superman is no longer "relevant" and that the character peaked in the 20th century. That's the problem at the core of Snyder and Goyer's approach, so we don't need more of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I'd go with this although both of the Kents being dead would be optional for me. But it could have some pathos (wow, nobody uses that word anymore) to have him visit the Kent's grave. I might do a very quick synopsis at the beginning. Can't remember where this is from but something like: "Exploding planet... Rocket ship... Kindly foster parents... and he grows up to be Superman".
    That's the beautifully-cinematic opening to Morrison's All-Star Superman. It's perfect for a film and if done with the art of Alex Ross a la Spider-Man 2, would be epic.

01.jpg

02-03.jpg

The main thing I took from Byrne's MoS is Clark, Jonathan, and Martha working together to create the Superman uniform and that the \S/ is not a Kryptonian symbol. I actually prefer it that way.
    Agreed.

Love these 80s/90s era influences. There's so much there to mine for media adaptations but WB doesn't seem to go back past 10-20 years unless it's TDKR. I also wish they'd take the right cues from Marvel and make lesser-known villains and characters work. I'd rather see someone like Toyman or Parasite built into an interesting villain than yet another version of Lex or relying on Doomsday. I also agree with you on Armie Hammer and thought of him, but he's older than I was shooting for in my proposal. He'd be perfect and ironically has the height and build for Superman despite being considered for Batman in JL Mortal. Batman should not tower over Superman. Hammer is a good three-four inches taller than DJ Cotrona, who was cast as Superman.
    It's funny that I used to think like... 25 was so adult. I notice as I get older (30 as of last Nov) that it's not and that the people I've seen and liked through the years have gotten older with me. So 31 is about the youngest I find.

I'd love the Millar that wrote Superman Adventures to write a Superman film.
    I'm working my way up to Millar now, can't wait to see but I know that his style has a natural tendency to line up with things that work for movie translation.

Cool ideas. I like it.

I will disagree with a few things. But that's simply my opinion.

I generally don't care for who is cast. My go to answer is simply get a good and talented actor. I don't care for looks or physique too. Hugh Jackman is nothing like Wolverine. Hard to imagine this now as for us he is Wolverine. But he is tall. Wolverine is supposed to be short. Prior to Wolverine he was in musicals i think. His casting got quite a backlash. But now its impossible to think of anyone other then Hugh Jackman for Wolverine for most people. Though Superman has to be shown as tall. Its a shame we can't get Peter Dinklage to play him. I haven't seen Hammer in films yet. But if he is a talented actor its great. He would have the physique to go with his talent.

And while i agree with you on focusing on the world around him as Dark Knight did, Dark Knight and now Black Panther had the advantage of establishing the hero. We knew and cared for the heroes. So while they had their central importance to the film, these films had the freedom to focus on world building. Villains, supporting cast, different themes and idea, etc. You know the drill. If its set in DCEU,then there shall not be a problem as Man of Steel developed his character followed by Batman v Superman. It however runs the risk of sidelining Superman as this version has been divisive and lot of people don't care so much for him.

This might even be a boon. Focusing on other things more might take some attention away from the divisive take.

I agree with the rest even if i don't know the story you are speaking about. Morgan Edge can be a good villain. Its a shame no one have tried it so far.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 03-02-2018 at 07:53 PM.

Bruce doesn't drink alcohol. Ever. He's too driven to do anything that would dull his edge. I hated that scene from Yang's run almost as much as the buzz cut and cop-punching.

I agree. I prefer S to simply mean Superman. And the costume made by the Kents. I am starting to warm up to S being a Kryptonian symbol. But its far from my preferred choice.

Cool ideas. I like it.

I will disagree with a few things. But that's simply my opinion.

I generally don't care for who is cast. My go to answer is simply get a good and talented actor. I don't care for looks or physique too. Hugh Jackman is nothing like Wolverine. Hard to imagine this now as for us he is Wolverine. But he is tall. Wolverine is supposed to be short. Prior to Wolverine he was in musicals i think. His casting got quite a backlash. But now its impossible to think of anyone other then Hugh Jackman for Wolverine for most people. Though Superman has to be shown as tall. Its a shame we can't get Peter Dinklage to play him. I haven't seen Hammer in films yet. But if he is a talented actor its great. He would have the physique to go with his talent.
    Jackman, imo, didn't own Wolverine although he was very good and likely a surprise to most people. He wasn't well known in the US before that, at least. When the X-Men movies were good, he was a good part of them but when they were bad, he was just as bad as anything in them. Around the time of the first X-Men movie, RDJ as Iron Man could have made total sense, but the guy from 10 Things I hate About You being Joker? That's what I'd call the X-factor. It's impossible to know but I'd feel confident attempting to see if Hammer would have it. I'd take that over height, looks, etc. but I would hope it's not either/or.

And while i agree with you on focusing on the world around him as Dark Knight did, Dark Knight and now Black Panther had the advantage of establishing the hero. We knew and cared for the heroes. So while they had their central importance to the film, these films had the freedom to focus on world building. Villains, supporting cast, different themes and idea, etc. You know the drill. If its set in DCEU,then there shall not be a problem as Man of Steel developed his character followed by Batman v Superman. It however runs the risk of sidelining Superman as this version has been divisive and lot of people don't care so much for him.
    Agreed. My biggest thing going into Black Panther, in the end liking dozens of other things about it, was the fact that I thought Boseman was great in Civil War. Any other character I think would need the same... except I dunno if that's true of Superman.

I wanna say there's examples of being thrown into like Sherlock or other major pop culture icons, but I have a little trouble thinking of an example and so it makes me eager to see one set. Not even completely thrown in, more like Hook starring Robin Williams.

BANNED

Agreed.

It's funny that I used to think like... 25 was so adult. I notice as I get older (30 as of last Nov) that it's not and that the people I've seen and liked through the years have gotten older with me. So 31 is about the youngest I find.

I'm in my 40s and would prefer an older Superman (30-35) but only if the movie starts with Superman well-established. I only went with the younger age because I feel like it's something we've really never seen in a Superman film. The young CK finding his way and going on a journey of discovery is skipped in the Reeve films and Snyder just ignored the idea completely by making CK like David Banner in the Incredible Hulk series. One of the things I loved about the post-COIE Superman was that he went on a voyage of discovery after leaving Smallville that also included getting a degree in journalism and traveling the world. Waid did a great job of building on that in Birthright and Morrison skipped it in his Action run. I'd like to see Clark traveling the world if we're going with a reboot that is going to expand on the origin and pre-Superman period. If not, I'd prefer an older actor like Hammer and and wouldn't even mind what Kevin Smith had in place for his draft of Superman Lives. Lois and Clark were together and she knew he was Superman and he'd been in operation for a few years. That's a far better way to skip over the love triangle than to erase it completely as in MoS.

With an older/established Superman in play, I think Peace On Earth could be a very compelling concept for a movie that manages to make Supeman "realistic" without the Nolan/Goyer/Snyder grim and gritty stand in for realism. Add some elements from "Must There Be A Superman?" and you'd have something brilliant.

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

First post. Woohoo!

This would be GREAT.