Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TruthAndJustice View Post
    This would be GREAT.
    Thank you!

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    My go-to idea for the next Superman movie is, and will always be, a version of Johns' Superman and The Legion of Superheroes as a continuation of the current DCEU. If done right, I think it's such a slam dunk that it'd be almost criminal not to do. Basically start the film off with an organic visual summation of what Clark/Superman's life is like now. I'd actually shoot the opening kind of like a classic Fleischer cartoon where we start with Lois and Clark and the Planet, get a story to follow, have the situation turn sideways, then Clark does his big change into Superman. Lois and Clark are totally in sync. However, as it turns out this whole mini adventure is a set-up.......from 1000 years in the future. Superman is trapped in a time sphere, and just before he can do anything about it, he's plucked away 1000 years into the future. Turns out it was a being named Brainiac 5 who set the whole thing up, but before the "help me, Obi-Wan" style recording is complete and Superman gets the whole picture, the time sphere is blown up by the storm trooper-like (insert obvious Nazi undertones here) science police. You know the scene: they ask him why he's dressed like Superman, he says he is Superman, they shoot, he tries to casually stop it with a hand, but, to his shock, is hurt. The Legion show up, but instead of playing it like they're old friends who haven't Clark in a while, we play it as if you were basically meeting King Arthur mixed with Martian Luthor King mixed with Abraham Lincoln mixed with Buddha-Jesus. So they're more like "holy crap, Brainy's crazy ass actually did it. He actually brought HIM." But Dawnstar (likely our breakout new supporting character of the film) brings us back to reality by reminding us (and teaching Clark) that the sun is red, and Superman's powers are on a ticking clock.

In this version I'm setting it up so Clark's powers are on a time limit and grow weaker by the hour. For the majority of the film he's functioning at golden age powers with invulnerability/durability being the very last power to hang on by a thread before it totally fades (at a particularly pivotal moment in the climax with Earth Man). This allows us to mix up the visual expression of Superman's powers and action on screen without a reboot or permanent changing of his powers. This also lets the return of his full power in the climax function as a great cathartic "HELL YEAH!" reward for the audience. But for the majority of the movie we play with a homage to the full body, dynamic physicality of the Fleischer cartoon, old golden age stuff, and the leaping and bounding pulp adventure of Star Wars and Flash Gordon. We wrap it all in an Arthurian, the one true king beats the odds and frees the kingdom, sort of story. The idea of Superman punching xenophobic Nazi stand-ins with a rebel group of marginalized aliens by his side seems like a pretty topical idea that's also allowed to be an adventure movie.

Character-wise, with this coming relatively soon after his literal resurrection, fight with a god over the soul of his adopted world, and formation of what can only be described as a modern day pantheon, I can only imagine how utterly uncomfortable, flattered, and in awe Clark is of what his life truly meant to not just the people of Earth, but to all people everywhere. Then take just a moment and imagine how white hot mad and disgusted he'd be after learning that his life, deeds, and symbol have been warped and used exclusively to perpetuate bigotry, hate, and atrocities against alien immigrants that nearly hearken back to the holocaust. This would actually dove tale rather nicely into Superman's Jewish roots by evoking Judah Loew ben Bezalel story of the Golem while still being a story of general tolerance and acceptance. For those who don't feeling like using Google, the story of the Golem was that it was created out of clay and brought to life to defend the Prague ghetto from anti-Semitic attacks. And in some interpretations of the myth, the the Jewish people either being killed or expelled by a Roman emperor. See where I'm going with this?

I figure it'd be really fun and interesting for Clark to have to come to grips with the weight of who he will be to so many people, and we do this while he's feeling increasingly more powerless because of the sun AND because of the loss of control over the interpretation of his life, legacy, and even family crest. So him having to come to grips with that, persevere, and remind the galaxy what he stands for would be the main idea of his arc.

Side note: basically use this movie to tease plots points for upcoming Superman movies (and some Justice League stuff). Basically set this up as the first in a new trilogy of Superman movies, and build outward from there (as a double side note: the idea that this is the start of a new trilogy even though it's part of the DCEU is why I took Superman back to Nazi punching, golden age powers, and gave a shout out to his Jewish roots. An in-continuity fresh start that pays direct homage to the actual start of the character would then define Superman going forward) As a small example: when Superman finally meets the mastermind behind his involuntary assistance, Brainiac 5, he finds that Brainiac is a little weird around him. It's not in the same awestruck sort of way that the other rag-tag Legion members are. There's a deep reverence and admiration coming off Brainiac 5 for Superman, yes, but there's also the distinctive pang of shame permeating from him. He hardly even looks Clark in the eye when speaking. The idea here is that Brainiac knows that his ancestor will soon come to make Clark's life a living hell. He's ashamed of it, and he knows he can't tell Clark.

After the future is saved, the movie ends where it started. Not even a full minute has passed since Clark was taken away in the strange sphere. He gets back in time to team up with Lois to save the day from the relatively simple threat Brainiac 5 was forced to set in motion to provide an opening for Superman's abduction at the start of the film.
    You're hired.

Seriously this would be great . If successful, it would be a great soft reboot for DCEU Supes. If not, it would be a great finale word on that version of Superman before another fresh start a few years later. It would be something never done with Superman in live action before.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    My go-to idea for the next Superman movie is, and will always be, a version of Johns' Superman and The Legion of Superheroes as a continuation of the current DCEU. If done right, I think it's such a slam dunk that it'd be almost criminal not to do. Basically start the film off with an organic visual summation of what Clark/Superman's life is like now. I'd actually shoot the opening kind of like a classic Fleischer cartoon where we start with Lois and Clark and the Planet, get a story to follow, have the situation turn sideways, then Clark does his big change into Superman. Lois and Clark are totally in sync. However, as it turns out this whole mini adventure is a set-up.......from 1000 years in the future. Superman is trapped in a time sphere, and just before he can do anything about it, he's plucked away 1000 years into the future. Turns out it was a being named Brainiac 5 who set the whole thing up, but before the "help me, Obi-Wan" style recording is complete and Superman gets the whole picture, the time sphere is blown up by the storm trooper-like (insert obvious Nazi undertones here) science police. You know the scene: they ask him why he's dressed like Superman, he says he is Superman, they shoot, he tries to casually stop it with a hand, but, to his shock, is hurt. The Legion show up, but instead of playing it like they're old friends who haven't Clark in a while, we play it as if you were basically meeting King Arthur mixed with Martian Luthor King mixed with Abraham Lincoln mixed with Buddha-Jesus. So they're more like "holy crap, Brainy's crazy ass actually did it. He actually brought HIM." But Dawnstar (likely our breakout new supporting character of the film) brings us back to reality by reminding us (and teaching Clark) that the sun is red, and Superman's powers are on a ticking clock.

In this version I'm setting it up so Clark's powers are on a time limit and grow weaker by the hour. For the majority of the film he's functioning at golden age powers with invulnerability/durability being the very last power to hang on by a thread before it totally fades (at a particularly pivotal moment in the climax with Earth Man). This allows us to mix up the visual expression of Superman's powers and action on screen without a reboot or permanent changing of his powers. This also lets the return of his full power in the climax function as a great cathartic "HELL YEAH!" reward for the audience. But for the majority of the movie we play with a homage to the full body, dynamic physicality of the Fleischer cartoon, old golden age stuff, and the leaping and bounding pulp adventure of Star Wars and Flash Gordon. We wrap it all in an Arthurian, the one true king beats the odds and frees the kingdom, sort of story. The idea of Superman punching xenophobic Nazi stand-ins with a rebel group of marginalized aliens by his side seems like a pretty topical idea that's also allowed to be an adventure movie.

Character-wise, with this coming relatively soon after his literal resurrection, fight with a god over the soul of his adopted world, and formation of what can only be described as a modern day pantheon, I can only imagine how utterly uncomfortable, flattered, and in awe Clark is of what his life truly meant to not just the people of Earth, but to all people everywhere. Then take just a moment and imagine how white hot mad and disgusted he'd be after learning that his life, deeds, and symbol have been warped and used exclusively to perpetuate bigotry, hate, and atrocities against alien immigrants that nearly hearken back to the holocaust. This would actually dove tale rather nicely into Superman's Jewish roots by evoking Judah Loew ben Bezalel story of the Golem while still being a story of general tolerance and acceptance. For those who don't feeling like using Google, the story of the Golem was that it was created out of clay and brought to life to defend the Prague ghetto from anti-Semitic attacks. And in some interpretations of the myth, the the Jewish people either being killed or expelled by a Roman emperor. See where I'm going with this?

I figure it'd be really fun and interesting for Clark to have to come to grips with the weight of who he will be to so many people, and we do this while he's feeling increasingly more powerless because of the sun AND because of the loss of control over the interpretation of his life, legacy, and even family crest. So him having to come to grips with that, persevere, and remind the galaxy what he stands for would be the main idea of his arc.

Side note: basically use this movie to tease plots points for upcoming Superman movies (and some Justice League stuff). Basically set this up as the first in a new trilogy of Superman movies, and build outward from there (as a double side note: the idea that this is the start of a new trilogy even though it's part of the DCEU is why I took Superman back to Nazi punching, golden age powers, and gave a shout out to his Jewish roots. An in-continuity fresh start that pays direct homage to the actual start of the character would then define Superman going forward) As a small example: when Superman finally meets the mastermind behind his involuntary assistance, Brainiac 5, he finds that Brainiac is a little weird around him. It's not in the same awestruck sort of way that the other rag-tag Legion members are. There's a deep reverence and admiration coming off Brainiac 5 for Superman, yes, but there's also the distinctive pang of shame permeating from him. He hardly even looks Clark in the eye when speaking. The idea here is that Brainiac knows that his ancestor will soon come to make Clark's life a living hell. He's ashamed of it, and he knows he can't tell Clark.

After the future is saved, the movie ends where it started. Not even a full minute has passed since Clark was taken away in the strange sphere. He gets back in time to team up with Lois to save the day from the relatively simple threat Brainiac 5 was forced to set in motion to provide an opening for Superman's abduction at the start of the film.
    You have my full attention, man. Rad.

I have been thinking about this for sometime. This is not the next film if i will make it. That idea was posted at the first page. Maybe for a sequel.

Its a broad way to put it. What about Groundhog Day with Superman?

Everyone is welcome to make a story out of that. I simply thought it could be cool after watching Happy Death Day. Earlier i had watched Edge of Tomorrow. Enjoyed both the films. (Oddly i haven't seen Groundhog Day yet).

As the first film takes inspiration from Golden Age (as the run itself was), my second one would take inspiration from Silver Age. He has to live a day over and over again to solve a problem.

It can be a little short on plot. Just like 8 page stories of that time were but with some real stakes. I think even a plot from the silver age comics can work here by making suitable adjustments. If there is some story from that era which can fit into these requirements, and which can work for a superhero film today i would love to hear that. My reading from that era is really meager.

Since part one ended with Braniac's defeat i can put in the Fortress, Kandor and other stuff. Show that his powers has expanded and is possibly expanding. This one is taking inspiration from the silver age while being Groundhog Day meeting Superman, expanding the world of Superman and making it work in a movie. More difficult to make it work on screen while being exciting. First one leaned more to action. This one would lean more to sci-fi. Even if both were sci-fi and action. Thoughts? Even i am thinking its a bit odd. But it can be good. Groundhog Day with Superman.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 03-05-2018 at 08:31 AM.

BANNED

Supes needs to have a jerky side to him or have an average joe side to his life and personality even in costume, to the point hes not better than anyone else with his powers, it grounds the character and depicts him as a remarkable figure to relate to and could inspire the best in us if he fights his explicit flaws in doing the right thing. If he shows us hes not better than us on a unrealistic level, seeing grow from his flaws into a better person is better than being the best hero of them all since day one.

It works for Batman and Spider-man, Superman has to show people who hate him why hes worth being a hero we have to cheer for.
    Last edited by SpideyCeo; 03-08-2018 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    First thing: NO ORIGIN STORY. No Kyrpton blowing up, no Jor El, no Kents. He's an already established hero. Second Thing: KEEP THE TRADITIONAL LOOK. No costume redesign. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel or edgelord things. If you want to make a few meta jokes about the Trunks fine. Establish that Supes already knows he looks a bit ridiculous.... and that's by design. He doesn't need to come across as formidable as Batman or the warrior vibe as Wonder Woman. The movie should be called The Adventures of Superman to make it clear we're in for a fun ride.
    Conversely, if you have to retell the Origin, why not as a series of flashbacks?
    Last edited by Rod G; 05-11-2018 at 06:38 PM.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

BANNED

Full reboot, find an unknown to play the role, get writers who love and understand the iconic Superman aboard with a director who feels the same way. Either give us a younger Superman a la Birthright or set the movie a few years into his career. I'd love to see a Spielberg Superman film. Luthor is an emerging villain, main villain is Brainiac, maybe toss in Metallo.