Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Default favourite David Michelinie stories

Simple question: What are your favorite stories from David Michelinie (from Iron man and Amazing Spider-Man fame)?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Iron Man is the first thing that comes to mind for me. The beginning of his run is a little rough but once Layton takes over the art full-time it gets better. Force, Sunturion, Blacklash... love all those stories.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    Iron Man is the first thing that comes to mind for me. The beginning of his run is a little rough but once Layton takes over the art full-time it gets better. Force, Sunturion, Blacklash... love all those stories.
    I'm now at #129 (just finished Demon in the bottle), and i loved the beginning. The Spymaster, Shield and Hammer storylines were pretty awesome. #128 was very powerfull and had a pretty strong emotional resonance. Loved it!
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

My introduction to Michelinie and Spidey.

Still one of the best Carnage stories.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

I love his entire Amazing Spider-man run. From McFarlane to Larsen to Bagley, it was tons of fun.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Pretty much just the obvious ones - Iron Man and Amazing Spider-Man. Oh, and his 1986 Wonder Man one-shot, of course!

I wish I could add his Action Comics run to the list, but it was just okay. He was following up Stern - big shoes to fill - and came in at a time when it seemed like the whole Superman writing committee was starting to spin their wheels...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I really liked his Avengers stuff a lot, in addition to his Iron Man. Avengers #196 is a nice little one-and-done, but I liked most of his Avengers stuff quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by day_walker View Post
    I really liked his Avengers stuff a lot, in addition to his Iron Man. Avengers #196 is a nice little one-and-done, but I liked most of his Avengers stuff quite a bit.
    How could I forget his Avengers! One of my favorite runs of that series!

(Adventure Comics #452)

One of the three comics bought in 1977 that sent me down this road. I love his early work. Aquaman and Star Hunters (and even his “Barry Jameson”-written Karate Kid) at DC, and then Iron Man and The Avengers when he moved to Marvel. His only failure was The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones, where attempting to mimic the pacing of Raiders just didn’t work.

David Michelinie still ranks as one of my all-time favorite writers.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Amazing Spider-Man #298-375 rank as some of my all-time favorite stories.
    I really liked his second run on Iron Man; the end of the Silver Centurion Armor; Kathy Dare, a new red & gold...great stuff.

Michelinie wrote a number of excellent Unknown Soldier stories. My favourite would probably have to be "8000 to One" from Star-Spangled War Stories# 183

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Iron Man, most definitely!

Iron Man for sure. I also really like his Mauler story in Daredevil with Frank Miller, great single issue.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    My introduction to Michelinie and Spidey.

Still one of the best Carnage stories.
    Agree 10000%

His run on "Swamp Thing" in the 70s was pretty good, even following Wein. It helps to have Nestor Redondo keeping the art going.

His ASM work was ok but there was a plot point he used that made me just wonder what the hell was going on. Going from my memory- Doctor Octopus (and maybe the "Sinister Six") had some formula they were going to dump into the atmosphere that would cure all drug addiction. Doc Ock's line of thought is that there were so many rich people who enjoyed being addicted to drugs that they would pay him more NOT to put it into the atmosphere, so they could stay addicts...
    My mom thinks I'm cool.