Default New 52 or Rebirth

Which book, that has an equivalent, is better during each era? Only books that you actually read.

NEW 52
    Batman
    Justice League
    Justice League of America (John's Title, not the Hitch one)
    Nightwing
    Suicide Squad

REBIRTH
    Superman
    Action Comics
    Detective Comics
    Red Hood and the Outlaws
    Deathstroke

New 52
    Batman
    Detective Comics
    Constantine
    Green Lantern
    JLA (Johns)

Rebirth
    Titans
    Teen Titans
    Deathstroke
    Nightwing
    Green Arrow
    The Flash
    Justice League (Priest only)
    Superman
    Action Comics
    Suicide Squad
    Batman Beyond
    Red Hood

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

New 52
    ______
    Grayson
    Green Lantern(before Venditti got put on it)
    Justice League
    Justice League of America (till Trinity War)
    Aquaman

Rebirth
    ______
    Batman(I really love Snyder's run, but I anticipate this book a lot more than I did during Snyder's tenure.)
    Teen Titans
    Deathstroke
    Green Arrow
    The Flash
    Superman
    Action Comics
    Red Hood & The Outlaws
    Supergirl
    wonder woman
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 03-05-2018 at 05:33 PM.

New 52:
    Action Comics
    Supergirl
    Wonder Woman
    Justice League (slightly. Its been bad for a long time though through both eras)

Rebirth:
    Batman
    Superman (pre-Superman Reborn, post-Reborn it became just as aimless as Lobdell's run)
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-05-2018 at 05:19 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

New 52
    Justice League (Johns)
    Grayson
    Batman
    Batgirl

Rebirth
    Wonder Woman (Rucka)
    Superman
    Action
    Detective
    Supergirl
    Teen Titans/Titans
    Deathstroke
    Hal Jordan & The GLC
    Flash
    Green Arrow

None in New52 are better. Lots are equivalent:
    - Wonder Woman
    - Green Arrow
    - Flash
    - Aquaman
    - Nightwing
    - Justice League
    - Batman
    - Hal Jordan and the Green Lanterns / Green Lantern (Geoff Johns)

Fun thread

NEW 52
    Nightwing (even if you don't include Grayson)
    Justice League
    Green Arrow (only liked Lemire's run but it was better than Rebirth)

REBIRTH
    Batman
    Detective Comics
    Flash
    Aquaman (this is incredibly close, both series are standouts from their era)
    Wonder Woman

Most of my favourites from the N52/DCYou are the less popular series. Batwing, Demon Knights, Omega Men, I Vampire etc. I'd say N52 definitely beat Rebirth in those types of series (although I've liked Deadman: Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love and Mystik U in the Rebirth era.)
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

New 52: I literally stopped reading DC Comics and comics in general from 2011 to 2014 because of it. I started again in 2014 when it felt like Snyder had gotten enough power to allow people like Tynion, Seeley, and King bring back the things I lost with the n52.
    Batman Eternal/Batman and Robin Eternal
    Batgirl from Future's End to 52
    Grayson
    Catwoman from 35-46 (Valentine's run)
    Wonder Woman

Rebirth: I feel like it started brilliantly, though like many large endeavors, it's collapsing a bit under the weight of accumulated deviations from plan. I hope that May and June represent a new wave of creators/new creative assignments telling solid stories in the Rebirth tradition.
    Tec - artistically, Tec has been better than the Eternals, because it's only twice and not four or five times a month. Writing has been solid, but we're just now approaching the "endgame" so we'll have to wait and see if Tynion can pull of a stronger ending, always a bit of a weakness for him.
    Batgirl and the Birds of Prey - I loathed both Simone's run and the Burnside run, with the exceptions of when Steph was a major character. I'm not sure if that was character partiality, or if the book actually was better. The current Birds of Prey run is around the same level of plotting and characterization as the Burnside run, but I like the characters chosen much better, and the Bensons clearly love the history of these characters way more than any other team since Simone.
    Nightwing - I think Grayson was better because Seeley and King pulled the best from each other. And as a "casual" Dick Grayson fan I found the scenario much more interesting than others. But that's similar to the next book...
    Batman since I Am Suicide - I like King and Valentine's Selina's equally. They're both clearly people who struggle with responsibility in a very dark world. Both Valentine and King fall down frequently on the plot end - King, I think, because he's not suited for a twice a month schedule, Valentine because I think she was rushed in her ending (I think she was hoping for another at least one, if not two issues.) The art on both has been quite inconsistent - I adore Garry Brown's first arc for Valentine, but Messina, while not bad, was much less polished in figure work and consistency. I'm not a big Finch fan, and I think Janin's work on Batman has been much too rushed (backgrounds and detail have really been lacking on a lot of issues, though thankfully not so far in Everyone Loves Ivy).
    Wonder Woman - Azzarrello's run is one of the things I hate most about the n52 (tied with the erasure of Steph and Cass). Evil Amazons, destruction of the clay origin, and Diana becoming a supporting character in her own book (who ends it by becoming a trickster instead of a passionate and loving diplomat/warrior). Everything about it, I hate. So much so that I actually don't hate the Finch run nearly as much, even though it's likely much dumber. Rucka's run was amazing. Not quite as powerful as his first three years (which I'm still irritated that DC hasn't released the third volume of), but with the benefit of Nicola Scott and Bilquis Evely - one a longtime favorite artist for over 10 years, one a brand new talent who is truly phenomenal. Liam Sharp is also extremely good, though I don't like the way he draws faces nearly as much.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

New 52
    Action (Morrison's run)
    Grayson
    Wonder Woman (Azzarello's run)
    Batman Eternal
    Justice League, even though it was 50/50 any given month if it would suck or be great

Rebirth
    Batman
    Wonder Woman (Rucka's run, dropped it for now)
    The Flash
    Nightwing (Seeley's run, dropped it after)
    Supergirl
    Doom Patrol
    The Wild Storm

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

New 52

Aquaman(Close Call)
    Batgirl(Simone's run)
    Green Lantern(Johns' run)
    Justice League

Rebirth

Birds of Prey
    Green Arrow
    Supergirl
    Titans(I count both Teen Titans and Red Hood & The Outlaws for this one)
    Wonder Woman
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

The only thing's Nu52 did better than Rebirth were RSOB, Grayson, Batman, Midnighter and B&R. 4 of which have no equivalent in Rebirth and were really solid titles.
    Very sad to see them go.

BANNED

Only comparing the initial launch books

New 52
    Batman
    Batman and Robin
    Action Comics

Rebirth
    Superman
    Deathstroke
    Nightwing