View Poll Results: Do you think Emma has become an iconic member of the x-men?

Voters
251. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

170 67.73%
  • no

81 32.27%
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    All of the X-Women are quite sexually liberated, so the only reason Emma gets singled out as being the slutty one is because that's what the writers want us to think of her.
    I think they have certain images they like to contrast and foil the likes of Jean, Kitty and Storm with. Emma is one of them.
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-08-2018 at 04:15 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Emma gets labelled as a 'slut' because she's a mean girl and had an affair with a married man but it'snot like she's on Stacey X's level.

Also the canon partners I can recall for her are Sebastian Shaw, Sean Cassidy, Cyclops and Namor. I can't recall if she hooked up with the guy she liked in her origin series who turned out to be anti-mutant.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Emma gets labelled as a 'slut' because she's a mean girl and had an affair with a married man but it'snot like she's on Stacey X's level.

Also the canon partners I can recall for her are Sebastian Shaw, Sean Cassidy, Cyclops and Namor. I can't recall if she hooked up with the guy she liked in her origin series who turned out to be anti-mutant.
    Sean was never her partner, Moira was alive all or almost all Gen X.

Emma's partners were Shaw, Scott, Namor and Tony Stark (these last 2 were retcons that happened during Civil War and the Fraction run). She was also never Tony's girlfriend, they had a "deal" about having sex if they were both single.

I think the retcons were a mistake "oh, look, these very powerful men also slept with her"

She was never a prostitute, she was a stripper who used telepathy to make men believe she danced for them, and make them give her all their money. (that is also a retcon, it happened more or less at the same time of the previous retcons I mentioned, iirc, it happened in the Brubaker Vulcan story)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    Where is it canon that she was prostitute? What issue? She was stripper, but as she showed in her back story in she used her telepathy on people to fleece them and leave them with a different recollection.
    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    pretty sure she was a stripper. And even if she wasn't she's a telepath. She would've never have to touch her clients. Unless she wanted to
    Wait, either all these years I've been misled to believe that the HFC was a kinky sex organization (amongst other things, of course) or the HFC was retconned into nothing but a strip joint at same time Emma was retconned to be one on Shaw's workers and not his equal? I don't mind admitting when I'm wrong. I just need someone to clarify some truths for me. I like basing my statements in nothing but truth.

She was certainly prominent, but I'm not quite sure on iconic. Being that she starred in 2 iconic runs (Morrison and Whedon) I'm inclined to push her over the line. That's not even including her time before and after those runs, in the main books and Gen X, etc. So yeah, for a certain generation I think she's a mainstay, even if it occurred when they were arguably past their prime, visibly.

Yes, of course.

She's one of the main reasons I read modern X-Men comics consistently.
    Even when the quality of the stories varied greatly, she was often a very compelling presence.

Incredible Member

I wish I can remember what book that was that had Taskmaster visiting the hellfire club back in the day. I'm pretty sure that he, Norman Osborn and other power players banged the ladies as well. (like sunspot's dad and Warren's pops).

Need a Taskmaster collector here.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bubibartra View Post
    I love Emma and I think she's an iconic x-men. The problem is all the later of AvX

It is currently a complement of Scott Summers, until when Scott is dead is still the complement of Right SCott.

The relevance of future Emma will be seen when Scott returns, I believe between 2 and 6 years, they are directing Emma to be only related to Right Scott

Jean Gray does not seem to want to know anything with right cyclops and already in "Spiderman renove the votes" playing with the theme of a Jean away from Scott for ideological reasons married to Wolverine, but if Scott is again the classic Scott, the normal relationship Scott would be with jean

If Right-Scott returns, Emma will be in the foreground again by her side, and if she returns classic-Scott, Emma will be Madelyne Prior II

Sad, I love Emma. She's a great X-men iconic, but that's the way Marvel decided
    That's basically her problem. The Emma I loved was no arm candy to compliment some other man. Even with Shaw, she was a powerhouse equal in brains and beauty. She was not to be effed with. Then she became relevant only to Scotty. Scotty this scotty that. Let me get your permission master summers. Scott was the reason I as an X-man and I have no merit with out him....blah blah blah. Wolverine was in this chicks corner trying his best to let her leave her White Queen past and be an X-man on her own merit, but nah...

So I called it years ago that if something happened to Scott, her azz was out. And duh, what do you expect? So no, shes not iconic as an X-man because she herself never felt she belonged. The charade finally ending when Scott died. Now that Jean is here, I honestly can't see how she could ever be an "X-man" again really. I would much rather her have an opposing view to Jean and be the New Magneto/Xavier of mutantdom with Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Wait, either all these years I've been misled to believe that the HFC was a kinky sex organization (amongst other things, of course) or the HFC was retconned into nothing but a strip joint at same time Emma was retconned to be one on Shaw's workers and not his equal? I don't mind admitting when I'm wrong. I just need someone to clarify some truths for me. I like basing my statements in nothing but truth.
    Most of those comics were before my time, but I do recall in Necrosha, Selene grumbling that the Hellfire Club had been turned into something "tawdy" than its original purpose. Maybe that connects to all this?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Most of those comics were before my time, but I do recall in Necrosha, Selene grumbling that the Hellfire Club had been turned into something "tawdy" than its original purpose. Maybe that connects to all this?
    Admittedly, I haven't read Necrosha so I wouldn't be able to give an honest opinion on it. What I do know is, once upon a time Emma Frost once purposely switched (stole) bodies with Storm in an attempt to kill the X-Men from within. But after the switch, and before she set out for the x-mansion, she saw fit to engage in sexual intercourse (unconsentual sex) with Sebastion Shaw. A man that some of my fellow Emma Frost fans have admitted to being one of Emma's sexual partners. In recent years Emma was retconned from being the boss that stood shoulder to shoulder with Magneto and Xavier and into a whipping girl for Shaw. The HFC always gave me very bdsm/kinky sex vibes. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. Not to mention, strippers do offer up sex acts for an additional fee. And she was Shaw's servant after all. That retcon really did her a disservice.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Not to mention, strippers do offer up sex acts for an additional fee. And she was Shaw's servant after all. That retcon really did her a disservice.
    Uh where do people get their information from? The majority of strippers don't offer sex For an 'additional fee' at a higher rate than the average housewife
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Uh where do people get their information from? The majority of strippers don't offer sex For an 'additional fee' at a higher rate than the average housewife
    I think it's from the "made it up as I went along" factory.