View Poll Results: Do you think Emma has become an iconic member of the x-men?

Voters
251. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

170 67.73%
  • no

81 32.27%
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

As expected the thread has been hacked by the usual culprits and transformed into an "I hate Emma" thread
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Do I have to pull out the scans? Monet said she thinks she killed him(as Emma grimaces menacingly at her), and he did fall face-first into a glass table that shattered and he just fell in a heap on the floor as Emma picked his pockets. I mean, I'm not making this up. He was never followed through with, but the implication was that Emma killed him and she does flee the country after that.

And for the record, Emma called in Adrienne into the school because she lost a bunch of money on the stock market and tried to flex her ego to Sean by not just making new investors give her money, by going to Adrienne in the first place. Emma allowed Adrienne full administrative privileges, and Adrienne reopened the Mass Academy to human students too, forcing the Gen X into hiding in their own school, where they were bullied until the human students were whipped up into an anti-mutant frenzy and eventually the human students' parents came to get take them out of the school en mass when it was discovered there were mutant there. It was then that Adrienne planted bombs, on one of which noble Synch threw himself over to take the hit for other students(with Monet's invulnerability just out of range of his aura). Emma is ultimately responsible for that, and Monet has never been the same since. It destroyed the team, Sean and Emma, and eventually the remaining kids just ran away, afraid of Emma. It's all in the books.

I don't 'hate' Emma. I just find her to be morally reprehensible(having read her entire story from Claremont to the modern day), and not a hero. She's a fantastic villain. Most of the Morrison-modern Emma fans didn't grow up with the old stories, and they dismiss them as irrelevant so long as they can have their vapid, bitchy, "Mama" strutting around giving people aneurysms for fun.
    Don’t post the scans, they come up every time one of these threads show up. They don’t, and haven’t shown her killing a cop. And it isn’t relevant to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    As expected the thread has been hacked by the usual culprits and transformed into an "I hate Emma" thread
    Always show up once thread clearly shows they’re in the minority. Pretty predictable by now.

BANNED

In a way...yes. Maybe it was her role in Generation X that preluded it, but it showed that Emma does have a caring for other mutants and are willing to fight for them. Just not define by the methods of the Hellfire club.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Butter Rum smiles.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Do I have to pull out the scans? Monet said she thinks she killed him(as Emma grimaces menacingly at her), and he did fall face-first into a glass table that shattered and he just fell in a heap on the floor as Emma picked his pockets. I mean, I'm not making this up. He was never followed through with, but the implication was that Emma killed him and she does flee the country after that.

And for the record, Emma called in Adrienne into the school because she lost a bunch of money on the stock market and tried to flex her ego to Sean by not just making new investors give her money, by going to Adrienne in the first place. Emma allowed Adrienne full administrative privileges, and Adrienne reopened the Mass Academy to human students too, forcing the Gen X into hiding in their own school, where they were bullied until the human students were whipped up into an anti-mutant frenzy and eventually the human students' parents came to get take them out of the school en mass when it was discovered there were mutant there. It was then that Adrienne planted bombs, on one of which noble Synch threw himself over to take the hit for other students(with Monet's invulnerability just out of range of his aura). Emma is ultimately responsible for that, and Monet has never been the same since. It destroyed the team, Sean and Emma, and eventually the remaining kids just ran away, afraid of Emma. It's all in the books.

I don't 'hate' Emma. I just find her to be morally reprehensible(having read her entire story from Claremont to the modern day), and not a hero. She's a fantastic villain. Most of the Morrison-modern Emma fans didn't grow up with the old stories, and they dismiss them as irrelevant so long as they can have their vapid, bitchy, "Mama" strutting around giving people aneurysms for fun.
    So Emma is at fault for her sister outing the students and planting the bombs??? If you killed one my kids I dont care who you are, your life is forfeit. Just because M says she thinks she killed the police officer, does not make it canon on thats what happened. Also she did not flee the country. Professor offers her a job teaching in Genosha.

The sad part is you say you dont hate Emma, but you are in EVERY Emma thread crying, just because she took over Storms body when she was bad. You do realize that these are fictional characters right?
    Last edited by DiamondQueen; 02-28-2018 at 02:28 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    She's subhuman trash.

Never forget

I'm pretty sure Butter Rum was in on Emma's plan to turn Angelica evil. smh.

When I think Iconic I'm thinking Professor X, Mags, the O5, Wolverine, 90s Rogue, 90s Gambit, 90s Jubilee etc... she's popular, but I don't rate her to that extent to where any old normal casual person you catching walking down the street would know who that is.

Which is good in some ways : better be hated, than leaving people cold.
    I prefer people to hate my favorite, than people who don't care at all.

When Jean died 13 years ago, we had a lot of hate from people who didn't want her back. From readers and worst, from some editors (I would say the name, but I don't want to talk about the old fat pig whose fisrtname stars with a T.)
    But in some ways, their hate kept us, Jean Grey fans, strongers.
    So I know were you stand. But at least, your favorite is alive. It's something to celebrate everyday.

BANNED

Emma is both Iconic as both a Heroine and a villain, and under the right guiding hand (ie writer), she is fantastic. The IVX mess nearly assassinated the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Emma is both Iconic as both a Heroine and a villain, and under the right guiding hand (ie writer), she is fantastic. The IVX mess nearly assassinated the character.
    Yes! There's no way I'm going to read IvX, as much as I crave continuity, there's just no way.

Comic Book anti-heroes have been possibly overused and currently may have become their own version of their own best enemy. But it's the rise of the anti-hero and the faltering kinda-for-real super person of later day Silver Age into the Bronze Age that truly broke the Golden age panels wide open forever and it's that anti-hero revolution from which the Iconic X-Men arose. It's what the X-Men are essentially, the most iconic and successful 'feared and hated' outcast Marvels. This changed everything!

Yes, Emma is part of a real lineage and incredibly iconic.
    Just about everybody in the X-Men is in training for combat. What sort of combat? Well, first it's about survival and then it's about survival and then it's about living...having survived...and then...(these things criss-cross, spiral, collide, helically and so...)

And this forever comparisons to so and so being so and so and so and so not being so and so - there are Moorlocks in the tunnels!

Emma is so iconic that now she could almost be considered cliche. But I wouldn't say that. But I am reading Death of X now for the first time and it's so, it's just so very, not that good.

Bendis leaving Marvel makes a lot of sense to me given recent headlines about the offices responding to low sales by suggesting that their fans don't appreciate diversity and won't buy comics with non-traditional more complex and realistic heroes and stories - and now this (I mean, right on the inside cover of Age of X it defines mutants inaccurately...which if it was intentional would be really great, but it's so obviously not).

I miss the new now recently old Emma. I do. I had no idea an X-Men event could possibly run so shallow as to be made convex. And there have been plenty of shallow 'event' books. So I understand how and why fans can be so decidedly and venousmously divided. IMO it's a response to a real and personally felt threat that's coming to each of us from the source itself.

It's extremely tempting to fix one's fandom in a personalized nostalgic place of integrity and fight. It's firstly a matter of survival! And then...yea...
    Last edited by sungila; 02-28-2018 at 01:52 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by Hellinoze View Post

When Jean died 13 years ago, we had a lot of hate from people who didn't want her back. From readers and worst, from some editors (I would say the name, but I don't want to talk about the old fat pig whose fisrtname stars with a T.)
    So I know were you stand. But at least, your favorite is alive. It's something to celebrate everyday.
    Great point.

Jean is an example, and you can even look at Beast (poor guy), Kitty and let's not forget Cyke. For each thread hating on X character, Cyke gets like 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellinoze View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Great point.

Jean is an example, and you can even look at Beast (poor guy), Kitty and let's not forget Cyke. For each thread hating on X character, Cyke gets like 3.
    Ahh yes, the old there's no such thing as bad publicity idea. You're probably right, but honestly it does become tiresome. I think the worst part is how much one's ideas are seen entirely through the filter of what avatar a person happens to have next to their name. That and the fact that when certain members of the population around here get bored it's time to beat up on Emma or Scott. Rarely do I see much Jean hate but maybe I'm not hanging out in the right threads for that.

Emma is a xmen staple no question

Frack to the no. They ruined Emma making her an X-Men.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!