View Poll Results: Do you think Emma has become an iconic member of the x-men?

Voters
251. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

170 67.73%
  • no

81 32.27%
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    The answer is yes. People wouldn't hate her so much if she wasn't in a prominent role.
    I agree!

I think she's more than earned her stripes and given the reaction that some people have toward her, if she wasn't iconic nobody would care so much about trying to knock her down.

Amazing Member

no matter what happened in the past, she had a great developing, became an influential X-Woman even the haters trying to shrink, facts are facts, next poll?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OldManLogan View Post
    She did transcend comics though. She was a main character in the last 2 animated series and has appeared in every other medium so far.
    Her only problem is that the X-Men as a whole got a lot less support from Marvel since a good while ago. She has everything else covered. With the Fox stuff being resolved soon, it's only a matter of time until that particular problem is gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    I agree!

I think she's more than earned her stripes and given the reaction that some people have toward her, if she wasn't iconic nobody would care so much about trying to knock her down.
    Yes to ALL of this, and therefore yes also, to her being iconic.

And embrace & take comfort in this, there's no truer sign. They're tryin' to convince themselves, just as much as anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Isah View Post
    no matter what happened in the past, she had a great developing, became an influential X-Woman even the haters trying to shrink, facts are facts, next poll?

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Yes to ALL of this, and therefore yes also, to her being iconic.

And embrace & take comfort in this, there's no truer sign. They're tryin' to convince themselves, just as much as anybody.
    I don't think this forum is representative of the fanbase as a whole (either for fans of the character or haters), so I'm skeptical that this trend proves or disproves anything.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Lol where are people getting this "Mystique is well-known" thing from? And saying she's more well known than characters like Rogue and Jean/Phoenix? Lol this forum slays me sometimes.

You guys are the best.

Edit: Replied to the wrong peeson

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Lol where are people getting this "Mystique is well-known" thing from? And saying she's more well known than characters like Rogue and Jean/Phoenix? Lol this forum slays me sometimes.

You guys are the best.
    Unfortunately, she is. Movies reach way wider audience than comics, cartoons, merchandise and video games combined. Who has been the most prominent female character in movies? Mystique. Whether you like it or not(I certainly don't).

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Unfortunately, she is. Movies reach way wider audience than comics, cartoons, merchandise and video games combined. Who has been the most prominent female character in movies? Mystique. Whether you like it or not(I certainly don't).
    people act like the likes of Jean and Storm havent been around in decades. Mystique might be more recognizable to little kids who've only seen First Class(and maybe DOFP) but anyone over the age of 15 likely has a very basic knowledge of Jean/Storm as X-women. I'd still venture to say that Storm is the most well known one
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-02-2018 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    people act like the likes of Jean and Storm havent been around in decades. Mystique might be more recognizable to little kids who've only seen First Class(and maybe DOFP) but anyone over the age of 15 likely has a very basic knowledge of Jean/Storm as X-women. I'd still venture to say that Storm is the most well known one
    Mystique had prominent role from the first movie. Her character design is instantly recognizable. PG13 nudity doesn't hurt either.

Jean has always been either a plot device or that girl Logan can't have and we're supposed to feel bad for Logan. Storm has been a secondary character at best.

Yes, I would say Mystique is more well known than Jean and Storm.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Mystique had prominent role from the first movie. Her character design is instantly recognizable. PG13 nudity doesn't hurt either.

Jean has always been either a plot device or that girl Logan can't have and we're supposed to feel bad for Logan. Storm has been a secondary character at best.

does it counts if she isn't even the real Mystique? i mean all i see is just blue katniss.

BANNED

This is illogical. The most popular movie were the first few, which featured Jean, Storm and especially Rogue.

You're basically REEing at Jennifer Lawrence, which is off-topic.

Regardless, ask about women superheroes and you're going to get Wonder Woman, the top 3 X-Ladies and probably Batgirl.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

This is illogical. The most popular movie were the first few, which featured Jean, Storm and especially Rogue.

Regardless, ask about women superheroes and you're going to get Wonder Woman, the top 3 X-Ladies and probably Batgirl.
    Yup all this is 100 correct. I would throw catwoman in the mix too.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

One argument against Emma being an icon is that she isn't big in the movies. The counterpoint to that is that people don't consider Mystique to be an icon, despite her having the biggest focus in the movies of any X-woman.

what does that matter? Jean and Storm were still main characters. They werent like random cameos like Jubilee and Siryn. Unless one was asleep while watching those films, they are known to those who saw them

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Yup all this is 100 correct. I would throw catwoman in the mix too.
    Oh most definitely Catwoman if you just say comic book women. I don't think people consider her classic as a heroine, despite today's unquestioned relation to the Bat (which is a ship I love almost as much as Jean/Logan. It's cool as hell).