Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I wonder if Jason Aaron was given the kind of freedom Bendis had when they were both choosing their teams of Avengers.

I wonder if the reason "big three" is back isn't because what they say but because Aaron happened to want to use them all. Especially Thor.
    I guess so. specially Thor, as you've said: He loves the character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    At least Thor has his helmet back and has his hammer and no more depressing Jane Foster Thor. A pity that the idea his own name is considered a mantle by some people these days.

Never found Jane depressing and found her time with the hammer to be quite action packed

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Yes they are great choices are they not! I must join you in these congrats.
    Glad you enjoy these creative teams, but what we've seen thus far from the relaunch doesn't really fit the 'huge shift in creative talent', or whatever it was Cebulski said in the announcement video.

I could do with a Thor book that isn't one big diatribe on how all gods are evil except for Thor. That is, the Thor Aaron is writing at that particular point.
    #EmmaWasRight

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Never found Jane depressing and found her time with the hammer to be quite action packed
    The only issue I read from Jane's time as the God of Thunder was that story that had her dealing all the big and corrupt corporations trying to drill Asgard's resources and I found ti to be quite depressing considering her cancer issues in the story.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

I found ti to be quite depressing considering her cancer issues in the story.
    I had to drop the book because of this. Not because of the quality, but due to my mother battling cancer at the time. She's currently in remission, but her Doctors are still keeping an eye on everything. But yeah, the book was just too much of a reminder of what I was trying to escape. I might go back and re-read everything when it's all said and done.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    I had to drop the book because of this. Not because of the quality, but due to my mother battling cancer at the time. She's currently in remission, but her Doctors are still keeping an eye on everything. But yeah, the book was just too much of a reminder of what I was trying to escape. I might go back and re-read everything when it's all said and done.
    I pray that your mother remains stable once her observation period is over. And I hope Jane's cancer issues are gone and then no one would need some that sad to remind of their own struggles when they dive into comics to get some respite from them.

Excellent. I've been loving his run so far and am happy he's continuing.

I pray that your mother remains stable once her observation period is over. And I hope Jane's cancer issues are gone and then no one would need some that sad to remind of their own struggles when they dive into comics to get some respite from them.
    Thanks, man.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    Thanks, man.
    You're most welcome

when I see him with golden arm and hammer, I wanna puke.

wait, isn't Aaron supposed to stop writing Thor or something???

also, this

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I could do with a Thor book that isn't one big diatribe on how all gods are evil except for Thor. That is, the Thor Aaron is writing at that particular point.

hasn't Aaron already butcher Thor enough with his awful writing what is he going to do next, and reclaiming his mantle that his dam birth name its not a title not mention that golden hammer and arm both ridiculous what awful news I really wanted a new writer.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    We were told about this a while back, the only news is the plot detail and the #1 confirmation. Also most of us have been pointing out that Aaron had been hinting about all sorts of things to come in forthcoming Thor comics.

Nobody in the know has ever said he was not continuing on Thor. Why would they move him? This book is selling better and more consistently than anything ongoing from Marvel. It has a huge Digital following, and the trades are selling too.

I'm curious to see what this does sale wise. This can bring a few old readers that left because of Jane, but can also turn away a few that only started reading because of a female Thor. Aaron of course have a lot of fans that will keeping reading regardless.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    when I see him with golden arm and hammer, I wanna puke.

It's never been said that Aaron was leaving Thor. If anything, it's been repeatedly stated that Aaron wasn't leaving the book.

If Aaron isn't to someone's particular taste, whatever. Fact remains that his Thor run has been, from the start, one of the most popular and critically acclaimed that the book has ever seen.

When the great comic runs are discussed, Aaron's Thor - perhaps the Jane Foster arc and the Aaron/Dauterman collaboration most of all - is always going to a part of that conversation.

Marvel certainly isn't looking for him to leave the book before he's ready and calling this a "fresh start" still fits as we've had Jane Foster Thor since 2014. Having that chapter of the saga end and another begin with another artistic collaborator joining the book at the start of a new direction seems like a fresh break and a clear new starting point.