Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Default Misaka Mikoto vs Shoto Todoroki

Standard Khazan battle. Fight takes place in a city environment.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

I’ve only watched about a dozen episodes of Index and 26 of MHA but...

Aren’t Mikoto’s attacks supersonic? Does Todoroki have the speed or durability to stop a coin blowing through his head at....Mach 3 from my Railgun research?
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Yeah, Mikoto's lightning can be faster than sound. She also has the ability to react to super sonic attacks. Plus, this is a city so she can magneto things up to boot.

So yeah, she kind of kicks Todo's ass here.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Is she supersonic? I don't recall. I remember dodging the helicopter blade, but that would be subsonic. Being supersonic would give her pretty good odds against just about anything in MHA currently.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

She has intercepted bullets after they've been fired with pretty casual ease, IIRC.

People only talking about speed kind of undersells how screwed Shoto is, so allow me to elaborate.

Mikoto is off the top of my head, without amps, someone who can call down real lightning strikes over a wide area in rapid succession, can fire projectiles accurately from several kilometer away, can generate enough energy to turn house-sized chunks of concrete to ashes, can manipulate entire skyscrapers with her magnetism, can create an iron sand construct that dwarfs skyscrapers and can shoot projectiles that obliterate a third of a similarly sized construct.

All the stuff I just listed aside from the lightning strikes is done in the same fight in rapid succession, and she isn't even out of breath until she does this:

Like, forget her speed or her attacks actually hitting him, if Mikoto is serious Todoroki would melt just getting near her. I'm pretty sure her lightning outputs more heat than anything his flames have shown and his ice would never be able to reach her.

Or she can fly out of his reach and literally smite him with lightning bolts.
    Last edited by Siriel; 02-27-2018 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Is she supersonic? I don't recall. I remember dodging the helicopter blade, but that would be subsonic. Being supersonic would give her pretty good odds against just about anything in MHA currently.
    A saint attacks her and is noted to be going at super sonic speed, she reacts in time to block.

Also, everything Siriel just posted. She has a lot of firepower.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Fair enough. Yeah, I totally haven't read the comics.

Yet