Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Very excited about this mini and the New Mutants mini. Hopefully the two add up to a new X-Factor.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! YES!!

“Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Pass. 1010

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

So hyped for this. Love Jaime, and I'm glad that his death is being undone. I'm guessing this is where Siryn will pop up, and I can't wait for this series to start. On Twitter, Rosenberg said that the missing M on his face will be addressed. It's smart for it to be kept as a mini, to see how well it does and then gauge if something can be spun out of it like X-Factor, or more of Madrox in general.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I'd love to pick this up simply to support the character, but Rosenberg is no PAD, and I should probably spare myself the anguish...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Just speaking for myself, but Resurrection of Jean Grey was a complete let down, and this sounds like more of the same. There is a good chance I wouldn't be interested in anything addressing Soule 'killing' Jamie unless PAD was behind it at this point, but I'm still avoiding anything by Rosenberg for now.

No Layla... Smh.

I'm tenatively excited about this. I want Jamie to be back and willing to see how this goes. But not sold on Rosenberg's take.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Was anxious until I heard it was a mini. Love, love, love the X-Office switch in focus to minis. With the ever decreasing amount of time weirder series can last, it's great having a format where creators can tell a complete story.

Don't know the artist, but in Rosenberg I trust. This, Phoenix Resurrection and New Mutants is letting him make a lot of significant marks on the X-Books in a much shorter amount of time than if he was put on one ongoing. That being said, totally get him on an ongoing afterwards.

I like the M tattoo not being there. Let's the book stand on its own, outside of continuity. This (as with the DoX 'death') can let fans believe that Jaime Prime is still where he was at the end of X-Factor. Imo, let him stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! YES!!

This when I saw the thread title
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Not suprising that they will omit Layla. It's seems on par with Marvels reasoning. It makes no sense, but it's on par with Marvels reasoning.

So I pity Rosenberg if he was mandated to not write Layla. If it was his choice then he will simply lie in the bed he made.

I for one can't understand why Layla wouldn't be at least appearing. She's fun to read, fun with Madrox and I bet even more fun to write.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Alright.Added

Astonishing Member

I am completely disinterested in Legion because it ignores the Spurrier run, completely uninterested in Exiles because it only has Blink and is pretty much no longer an X-Book, and this having no Layla Miller makes me lose quite a lot of interest, though I may still get it.

Layla is looking like someone who might get killed for cheap drama points in some event, like Diamond Lil in Necrosha.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I am completely disinterested in Legion because it ignores the Spurrier run, completely uninterested in Exiles because it only has Blink and is pretty much no longer an X-Book, and this having no Layla Miller makes me lose quite a lot of interest, though I may still get it.

Layla is looking like someone who might get killed for cheap drama points in some event, like Diamond Lil in Necrosha.
    Yeah, I tradewait my X comics, but at this point Madrox and Legion get my money right away. But I was so bummed after reading the new Legion #1 - it completely ignored everything from Spurrier's run, which was a masterpiece!

Hopefully, this Madrox mini can balance being its own thing with nods to continuity. If it can, I'll be down for all five issues.

-Pav, who really wants a legit follow-up to Spurrier's Legion story...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Multiple Man, Multiple Man
    Doing the things a multiple can
    What's he like? It's not important
    Multiple Man
    Is he a lot or is he alone
    A super clown or a super clone?
    His own beginning and his own end
    His own best friend, Multiple Man
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?