Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Demogoblin, Carrion, and Shriek?? That's mostly a joke (that I wish was true), but I could see an editorial or authorial instinct to start out a bit less serialized regarding the villains after Slott's very long, very intertwined run. Knock out a few lesser villains early to give the title more space to establish whatever the new status quo is (that is, if you don't need 3-4 pages of Doc Ock or Norman scheming, you can use those to introduce a new co-worker/love interest/vigilante). SSM did something like this, as well, to set up SpOck's status quo - we had time to meet Anna Maria, establish Ghost Peter, send SpOck back to grad school, etc. because SpOck was taking on the Sinister Syndicate, Massacre, and Electro in one-off or two-off stories.

BANNED

If it has to be from Spidey's past, I'd vote Mysterio, with the caveat that they amp up his villainy a bit, like the glimpse we got in the original Old Man Logan storyline. When Stan first wrote him he was pretty cool but has devolved into a B or C lister since them. Admittedly I haven't followed his most recent use in Scarlett Spider. If it was someone not associated with Spidey or new altogether, then I'd say my only hope is that they are female. Spidey doesn't really have a great female antagonist. Spider Queen doesn't do it for me. Kraven's daughter had potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Honestly, they shouldn't use that group unless they intend to actually include Spider-Girl in the story. They're Anya's rogues.
    So? Characters steal each other's rogues all the time, it's why Fisk became Daredevil's arch nemesis in the first place lol.

But hey, not like I said Anya can't be in the story at all, it could even be used to take her out of limbo for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    If it has to be from Spidey's past, I'd vote Mysterio, with the caveat that they amp up his villainy a bit, like the glimpse we got in the original Old Man Logan storyline. When Stan first wrote him he was pretty cool but has devolved into a B or C lister since them. Admittedly I haven't followed his most recent use in Scarlett Spider. If it was someone not associated with Spidey or new altogether, then I'd say my only hope is that they are female. Spidey doesn't really have a great female antagonist. Spider Queen doesn't do it for me. Kraven's daughter had potential.
    So far Mysterio is just in Las Vegas, and he's retired, but apparently his secret daughter (Urgh...) is gonna become Mysteria.

Venom, to tie into the upcoming movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    Venom, to tie into the upcoming movie.
    Yeah, but Slott just very recently used him; I can't see bringing him back that quickly in ASM.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Spidey's fought Hydro-Man in forever.

The last time I can think of was one of the close-to-Superior issues, but that was SpOck.
    He was in an early issue of Spider-Man/Deadpool, so it wasn't that long ago.

Spider-Queen or Screwball

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    He was in an early issue of Spider-Man/Deadpool, so it wasn't that long ago.
    And in a Big Time issue of Amazing Spider-Man as well.
    The story that readers found out that Hydro Man is the villain that super heroes like to fight more in the summer.lol.
    Anyways answering to the topic.
    I would like to see Kingpin being used as Spidey arch villain,maybe this way change the tone to the stories to more grity instead of the more global tone the stories had lately.
    Or a classic villain as Electro,Kraven or Mysterio being elevated to the level of Green Goblin or Doctor Octopus.

Slott mentions barely touching Kraven in his interview, so that's probably the most prominent story a Nick Spencer could kick off with.

https://www.cbr.com/amazing-spider-m...s-interview/2/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Mysterio is in Las Vegas though, he retired as well, and even if/when he returns to villainy, he'd probably deal with Ben instead, unless Scarlet Spidey is canceled.

Anyways, didn't Anya use to deal with some secret Wasp group? I hear that they just disapeared, maybe Spidey could deal with them briefly, if they're alright villains that is.
    I do not see the point of Mysterio retiring, when really he has not done much yet as a villain, I think writers could tell really interesting stories with him, but usually he is just written as a generic bad guy. He could be truly creepy and sinister foe, rather then campy, generic con man he is far too often written as.

If I were a writer, I would use B-list villain in new ways, making Mysterio far more evil then he has been in the past and Shocker as far more sympathetic as he has been written in the past.

My favorite Spidey villains are: Hobgoblin, Scorpion, Shocker, Rhino, and Kraven. Would love to see Spencer tackle all of them. I would love to see some C-listers return as well: Puma, Styxx & Stone, and Jack O’ Lantern. I think Spencer could work wonders with them after seeing what he could do in Superior foes.

I do not want Norman Osborn or Doc Ock in the title for a while. And pass on Venom, he has his own book - keep him there.
    Last edited by JGC; 03-08-2018 at 07:47 AM.

- Jason G. Carr

I'm reading Jason Aaron's Thor, and realizing that the Minotaur could work as a Spider-Man villain. I'm a bit behind on the book, so there may be developments that make this infeasible, but a guy who could pose a threat to Thor would pose a threat to Spidey, and he's connected to Roxxon, which has been part of the Spider-Man books before. He also fits the animal motif.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'm reading Jason Aaron's Thor, and realizing that the Minotaur could work as a Spider-Man villain. I'm a bit behind on the book, so there may be developments that make this infeasible, but a guy who could pose a threat to Thor would pose a threat to Spidey, and he's connected to Roxxon, which has been part of the Spider-Man books before. He also fits the animal motif.
    I feel like he would run the risk of looking too much like an Osborn stand-in, complete with a Hulkgoblin-esque transformation, but I guess it could work so long as Spidey beat him without needing to get bailed out by Thor.

I wouldn't call them classics, but I'd like to see The Answer or Slyde in a Spidey comic again. Maybe Ace!
    Last edited by Grim Ghost; 04-02-2018 at 12:35 PM.

Mighty Member

What about Carmen Sandie... Madam Belladonna? I mean now that it's BEEN known that Roderick Kingsley is a crook, they could dust her off and I don't know, have her pop a bottle of champagne whenever a Hobgoblin is captured or killed... However I do wonder what a writer could do with a villain who is actually visibly frightened by Spider-Man's presence. That may be a bit of a challenge... However her knowledge in gases and fragrances can present a plausible challenge (at least one as cheap as kryptonite haha).