Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Yesssss Hera! Put your foot down! But Cassandra in that state ={

This preview has gotten me excited, shame I can't pick it up this month ={

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

So Orion is still clearly a sexist pig. That final remark by him to Aleka was pretty crude. I'm glad Hera put him in his place(and without touching his genitals!). I also like that she is showing concern for the Amazons again. I wonder how things will go with her and Hippolyta once Hippolyta is restored to flesh?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Mighty Member

Thanks!

Wonder if Hera's "These women are sacred to me. This is their island" is a clue towards how Paradise Island came to be.

BTW. Both this and next weeks 2000AD preview came out today... Doesn't make the wait till next Wednesday easy... Good thing I received DMZ delx. bk 2 today, will keep me occupied at least through tomorrow :P
    Last edited by borntohula; 07-17-2014 at 02:27 PM.

BANNED

KNEEL BEFORE HERA!!!

orion you are in a matriarch society, better put some respect.

while Diana doesn't want to kneel before first born and he give her a option to not kneel since she asked for it. Orion in the other side have to kneel before Hera.

Girl Power!!

Really like the whole Anti-Christ vibe First Born has going on, and Hera putting Orion in his place was hilarious btw. Zeus is gonna feel her wrath once he returns.

Since the title for this issue "Paradise Lost", I'm guessing FB will invade Paradise Island leaving Diana on Olympus to watch. While on Olympus, WW then inspires Cassandra and the Minotaur to join her side. Which would explain Cassandra's appearance on the final cover.

It's gonna be torture waiting for this issue to drop.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    So Orion is still clearly a sexist pig. That final remark by him to Aleka was pretty crude. I'm glad Hera put him in his place(and without touching his genitals!). I also like that she is showing concern for the Amazons again. I wonder how things will go with her and Hippolyta once Hippolyta is restored to flesh?
    he is not a sexist pig. he just llost him patience, there's someone that he likes that is in danger and he just want to go into rescue. yes, he is very arrogant about it and disrespects Aleka, but it has nothing to do with her gender.

maybe hera don't have the intention of getting into his pants
    Last edited by Blacksun; 07-17-2014 at 03:05 PM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    he is not a sexist pig. he just llost him patience, there's someone that he likes that is in danger and he just want to go into rescue. yes, he is very arrogant about it and disrespects Aleka, but it has nothing to do with her gender.

Do you honestly think Orion would say "How about I show you how I use it(his tongue)" to a male?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Now we know for sure what happened at the end of issue #32. Diana really didn't try to kill First Born, but destroy the realm and leave him with nothing, then he took her to Olympus.

Addressing the ambiguity of Hera. Let's see what happens with her.

Orion vs. Aleka was totally expected.

Unfortunately I'm becoming more afraid that Athena won't show up.
    Last edited by Vonter Voman; 07-17-2014 at 03:42 PM.

Lol, Great Hera! xD Loved how she put in place Orion xD
    If Zeus returns he won't have an easy life with her anymore. I think that for how she changed now she would confront him directly instead of just being submissive and seeking revenge on the women he was with and the children he fathered.
    From the title it really seems that the First Born is going to attack Paradise Island next...
    Oh...and now the First Born has a Cape of Blood and a Crown of Horns. Diana was at his feet but wasn't bare, though the "cape of blood" was on her too in a certain sense.

Last edited by BlackFeath; 07-17-2014 at 04:00 PM.
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)

BANNED

Do you honestly think Orion would say "How about I show you how I use it(his tongue)" to a male?
    Not really.

My 2 cents:

1. The FB keeps changing appearence doesnt he? What does his new look symbolize? I can only think of Jesus' crown of thorns. And lets not forget the red cloak. Evil Jesus?

2. "Paradise Lost" as the title. Like... half the WW stories out there. Jesus guys.

3. "My fire inspires". Not very modest of you Diana.

4. Lol at Orion. He's such a loveable douche. First he suggests he should lead out of nowhere, then he says the offensive "let me show you how i use my tongue". And deservedly he gets his boys crushed again!

5. Hera is going back to her old olympian ice queen character isnt she?

At first i was all "hell yeah" about it, but i then i saw Zola's reaction. Hera is clearly being influenced by her power again and she'll go back to her old ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    Thanks!

Wonder if Hera's "These women are sacred to me. This is their island" is a clue towards how Paradise Island came to be.

BTW. Both this and next weeks 2000AD preview came out today... Doesn't make the wait till next Wednesday easy... Good thing I received DMZ delx. bk 2 today, will keep me occupied at least through tomorrow :P
    Maybe she helped create Paradise Island, or maybe the Amazons are sacred to her because of everything that went on in this run, with Diana, and with the Amazons themselves who she forgave.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    My 2 cents:

1. The FB keeps changing appearence doesnt he? What does his new look symbolize? I can only think of Jesus' crown of thorns. And lets not forget the red cloak. Evil Jesus?
    Yeah, I think it's Jesus or some kind of anti-christ, the symbolism was...not subtle lol.

And I thought those red vines were supposed to look like wings but idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-blazer View Post
    Now we know for sure what happened at the end of issue #32. Diana really didn't try to kill First Born, but destroy the realm and leave him with nothing, then he took her to Olympus.
    Maybe she just wanted to burn him? I mean, why destroy it if he was going to destroy it anyway. It doesnt make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackFeath View Post
    Lol, Great Hera! xD Loved how she put in place Orion xD
    If Zeus returns he won't have an easy life with her anymore. I think that for how she changed now she would confront him directly instead of just being submissive and seeking revenge on the women he was with and the children he fathered.
    You say that, but she was an all powerful ***** before anyway. I think she finally understood that its his fault, that she shouldnt blame the children, and that she deserves more when she became human. Seeing her go back to her old ways could mean that she'll go back to Zeus, exacting her revenge on his bastards like she always did.
    From the title it really seems that the First Born is going to attack Paradise Island next...
    Oh...and now the First Born has a Cape of Blood and a Crown of Horns. Diana was at his feet but wasn't bare, though the "cape of blood" was on her too in a certain sense.
    And there was a great fire as well!
    Last edited by Dr. Hurt; 07-17-2014 at 04:19 PM.