Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Step View Post
    Yeah, I think it's Jesus or some kind of anti-christ, the symbolism was...not subtle lol.

And I thought those red vines were supposed to look like wings but idk.
    The oracles said "cape of blood". Cape, wings, it doesnt matter how you call it. It's a bunch of veins flowing around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    The oracles said "cape of blood". Cape, wings, it doesnt matter how you call it. It's a bunch of veins flowing around.
    Oh kk, I completely forgot about the oracles predictions, but yeah you're right.

The lack of subtlety on the line about inner fire also bugs me a bit.
    I wonder if First Born is fully carbonized again because of the fire of the last issue. Probably. He keeps changing his look, we might as well start a thread named "First Born: Agent of STYLE".
    It's not the first time Hera has acted like she was before, though this time it was more clear. I don't think she will return to what she was, but there's obviously going to be a plot tension until the end.
    Also, it's really Diana that First Born wants to make his "wife", not Strife.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I totally did a "Hell yeah!" when Hera stomped Orion, but I guess judging by Zola's reaction, it isn't meant to be a good thing? Her being protective of the Amazons is a good sign that she may not be regressing to her old ways, unless it's a gradual process and she's going to be hating on Zola, Diana and all of her husband's "conquests" again soon.

If she remains an ally though, it will be interesting/funny if Diana starts spouting off her "Great Hera!" and "Hera, give me strength" mantras again.

The FB's new design is so over the top it belongs on a heavy metal album cover. I can't decide if I like it or not, but at least it's a little more visually distinct than his old look. And I see Cassandra chowing down again in the back. She's pretty far gone, isn't she? What a waste.

And you know, a lot of people (including me) have accused pre-Flashpoint Diana of being overly preachy and stuff, but I don't think she ever said anything along the lines of "my inner fire makes people strive to be better!!" This makes her speech to Hessia's students in SM/WW #4 look subtle in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The FB's new design is so over the top it belongs on a heavy metal album cover. I can't decide if I like it or not, but at least it's a little more visually distinct than his old look.
    Totally. It's much more distinct than his early look with the black armor with those ridiculous fangs. An armor that left his chest exposed btw.

Oh, gosh, that exchange between Orion and Aleka was so bad. (Also, it had everything to do with her gender.) Azzarello really needs to stop with his wordplay. It's not funny. It's not clever. And it's so forced at times. His plot is so good. And Chiang is amazing. But his dialogue is so hard to stomach. As much as I have enjoyed this run so far, I doubt I will be able to get through a second reading. It never bothered me in the years before, but I wasn't taking courses on literary theory before. I guess I never paid much attention. Still, I won't let it stop the hype!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    Thanks!

Wonder if Hera's "These women are sacred to me. This is their island" is a clue towards how Paradise Island came to be.

BTW. Both this and next weeks 2000AD preview came out today... Doesn't make the wait till next Wednesday easy... Good thing I received DMZ delx. bk 2 today, will keep me occupied at least through tomorrow :P
    In the early issues didn't they pretty much say that Hera is the main patron goddess of the Amazons those making what Hippolyta and Zeus did together all the more scandalous?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    So Orion is still clearly a sexist pig. That final remark by him to Aleka was pretty crude. I'm glad Hera put him in his place(and without touching his genitals!).
    Yes--she went the non-violent route of choking him and cracking his skull against the ground, instead of applying slightly excessive pressure to his balls.

Yep. That helmet is only there to keep the wind from ruining his glorious locks.

Mighty Member

3. "My fire inspires". Not very modest of you Diana.
    Caught me a bit off guard. I think she either means she wants to inspire, or that her fire inspires her to be better. But still, her fire DOES inspire

At first i was all "hell yeah" about it, but i then i saw Zola's reaction. Hera is clearly being influenced by her power again and she'll go back to her old ways.
    Her, "Yeah..." is quite sad to see. Hope she talks Hera out of it.

Maybe she helped create Paradise Island, or maybe the Amazons are sacred to her because of everything that went on in this run, with Diana, and with the Amazons themselves who she forgave.
    When I come to think of it, she calls the island "cockless coup" or something in the beginning of the book. Perhaps she started to recognize it as some sort of sanctum for women? Especially since she's started to feel more confident in herself without Zeus.
    Last edited by borntohula; 07-18-2014 at 12:21 AM.

Maybe she just wanted to burn him? I mean, why destroy it if he was going to destroy it anyway. It doesnt make sense.
    You say that, but she was an all powerful ***** before anyway. I think she finally understood that its his fault, that she shouldnt blame the children, and that she deserves more when she became human. Seeing her go back to her old ways could mean that she'll go back to Zeus, exacting her revenge on his bastards like she always did.

And there was a great fire as well!
    I don't know. Yes, Zola and Hermes reacted in that way, but...I think it is important to notice how she used her powes in this instance. Not for destruction or to kill like before, but to 'defend' the amazons and put Orion in place. For 'protection' and not for 'destruction' to have a parallel with Diana and the First Born's speech.

I don't think she will return like before, but of course she won't be exactly like she was as a human, since before she was powerless while now she is the powerful queen of the gods.

Now, while I think this will be the case at the end, I suppose that till the moment she will take off the cape Strife gave to her, we can’t be sure if she will, even if for a short amount of time, fall back in her old ways. I suppose that something will have to happen to make her take it off at the end, discovering Strife's plan, and so eventually restoring Hippolyta; if it's really the cape that prevents her to do so, of course.

Oh, and about this... where is Strife now? Still on Olympus...? I would have expected her there to taunt Diana if so... Well, maybe we will see her do so later in the issue, or maybe she is busy somewhere else...
    Last edited by BlackFeath; 07-18-2014 at 01:58 AM.
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    Yes--she went the non-violent route of choking him and cracking his skull against the ground, instead of applying slightly excessive pressure to his balls.

Let's not forget that the "applying slightly excessive pressure to his balls" was followed by a threat to cut them off and a sharp punch from Diana.
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 07-18-2014 at 05:06 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Let's not forget that the "applying slightly excessive pressure to his balls" was followed by a threat to cut them off and a sharp punch from Diana.
    Sure--he offended, she let it go (in the bar, when he slapped her butt); he offended again, she warned him (hyperbolically, and with a little demonstration of how love can hurt ); he offended again, she hit him. Hera went straight to the hitting (or, in this case, the choking and head smashing). That seems about right, in terms of personality differences between WW and Hera.

BANNED

Can we discuss the issue preview, the way the thread title suggests, or are we all talking about something that happened ages ago instead?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Can we discuss the issue preview, the way the thread title suggests, or are we all talking about something that happened ages ago instead?
    As the current Hera/Orion exchange is being compared with Diana's past exchange with Orion, it is completely on topic in regards to the discussion of the Preview.

However, discussion of WW as Jesus has been removed. Let's not go there, guys. A discussion of symbolism is fine, but taking it to the point that it can be taken as mockery of a religion is a bit much.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!