Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Favorite beers and why

Mines Dark Lager or Wheat Beer, I love the flavor of it. What about you guys?

Mighty Member

Weisen, Witbier, and Wee Heavy.

Invincible Member

The respectable beer I like is Fosters right now. Otherwise, I drink a fair amount of ghetto rot gut ( I'm trying to cut back).

I used to be huge into drinking like literally everything I could get my mits on when I lived in South Dakota, only because that and work was the only thing to do there and then I finally quit but lately I have been hankering for a drink.

Astonishing Member

Heavy on malt, easy on hops, full body, robust flavor, strong ABV. Favorite lager: Ayinger Celebrator doppelbock (import). Favorite ale: Founder's Breakfast Stout (domestic).

Porter or stout. I figure if you can see through it, it’s not beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Porter or stout. I figure if you can see through it, it’s not beer.
    Hm. I'm not so sure about that. Unless Belgian Whites are in fact darker than the norm.

Extraordinary Member

October fest Sam Adams just love the taste. Gotta admit I drink a lot of budlight tho it's like water's cousin or something lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Heavy on malt, easy on hops, full body, robust flavor, strong ABV. Favorite lager: Ayinger Celebrator doppelbock (import). Favorite ale: Founder's Breakfast Stout (domestic).
    Is it OK to include a photo? If so, here they are.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension Jury View Post
    I used to be huge into drinking like literally everything I could get my mits on when I lived in South Dakota, only because that and work was the only thing to do there and then I finally quit but lately I have been hankering for a drink.
    I hope this isn't too sensitive, but when you quit did you get the weird BO? I used to drink heavily and when I first dried out I developed a strange body odor. Not like booze but like either weird chemicals or burnt food, like I'd smell like burnt toast and medicine.

I've since gone back to drinking but I mostly keep it under control. But occasionally if I go on a tear, it'll come back.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Real Ale. I'd have a whale of a time at this bar for example:

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

This is one of my current favourites:

Waggle Dance by Well's brewery. It's got a delightful honey based after-taste to it. Tip of the iceberg that though.

I really like a lot of my areas local breweries so: Bent River Uncommon Stout (it's a really smooth coffee stout) or Jingle Java (similar to Uncommon but with a hint of Mint and Nutmeg) or Green Tree Brewing Co Mango IPA (It's a traditional IPA but mango and apricot tones that don't really hit until you get the hoppiness of the aftertaste).

My favorite "off the shelf" is Wiehenstephaner Vitus. Just a smooth, sweet single-bock. Really, really tasty which I didn't expect the first time I tried it.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 02-27-2018 at 06:57 PM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    This is one of my current favourites:

Waggle Dance by Well's brewery. It's got a delightful honey based after-taste to it. Tip of the iceberg that though.
    That label design is fantastic.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension Jury View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I haven't drank for a while but this Saturday I might cut lose and do something crazy like down one and a half Miller Lites.