Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Kirin Ichiban, Sapporo, Suntory, and Asahi, are all good, but Heineken does not go well with hamburgers.
    When I was stationed in Iwakuni, we enjoyed the simple pleasure of beer vending machines during those hot Japanese nights. What a time to be alive.

These days I stick to Fosters. Blue or green can will do. When we go to a Japanese restaurant Sapporo is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    For a meal, it's Guinness, but if I'm drinking with my friends/family, it's some form of Sam Adams (or a similar brand).
    My problem is that it depends on whether I'm just casually drinking a beer or if I'm having it as part of a meal. I like Sam Adams, but it's too heavy for me by itself. If I'm having something like steak or a large hamburger with it, then it goes down better.

Otherwise, I go more towards pilsners and such.

I don't really like beer. I generally only drink it if I'm in a country where cider and wine aren't readily available.

If I absolutely have to though then I find Singha about the most palletable, followed by Chang and Tsingtao.

Cider on the other hand:
    Addlestones and Angry Orchard are both lovely.

Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar

Not beer, but a Meadery recently opened in town that has a really fantastic Coffee Mead. I've been drinking that lately when my group plays D&D.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Shuri, Captain America, Fantastic Four, Avengers, Invaders, Conan the Barbarian, Savage Sword of Conan, Savage Avengers.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern
    Lion Forge: Rolled and Told

Xbox Live Gamertag:

K0SL0X

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    When I was stationed in Iwakuni, we enjoyed the simple pleasure of beer vending machines during those hot Japanese nights. What a time to be alive.

These days I stick to Fosters. Blue or green can will do. When we go to a Japanese restaurant Sapporo is a must.
    Have you also drunk sake? I tried and drank sake in a Japanese restaurant awhile ago although I don't remember what brand it belongs to. It was good, but it is damn expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Have you also drunk sake? I tried and drank sake in a Japanese restaurant awhile ago although I don't remember what brand it belongs to. It was good, but it is damn expensive.
    I have drunk enough sake to drown a small kaiju. I miss beer machines...

Astonishing Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I actually had a friend who made her own beer and mead. She used to bring it to parties. It made her very popular, lol.

I don't drink as much as I used to. But I really loved this one. It is just so rich and flavorful but it may be too much for some.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I actually had a friend who made her own beer and mead. She used to bring it to parties. It made her very popular, lol.

I don't drink as much as I used to. But I really loved this one. It is just so rich and flavorful but it may be too much for some.

She'd be my BEST friend.

Astonishing Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    She'd be my BEST friend.
    Yeah... I remember she got membership in a club for home brewers. She had a bumper sticker reading "I Brew The Beer I Drink." She was quite a character - nose ring and all.