Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I usually enjoy them. Sometimes it's just too sour, too vinegary... but yeah, usually I enjoy them. It also depends on the weather. They're better in warmer weather.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    If I'm not mistaken there seismic-2, that there is a Newcastle Brown Ale glass?

Another great drop. One that I don't avail myself of often enough now that I think about it.
    It does indeed look like it, but there's not quite enough of the logo visible to be certain. Here's a Dirty Bastard pint glass (well, the glass is actually clean rather than dirty, but I mean... oh never mind).

My beer of choice is HPA from the local Wye Valley Brewery. It has a nice light colour and isn't too heavy. Very refreshing after a long (or short!) walk on a hot day.

https://www.wyevalleybrewery.co.uk/cask-HPA

Fantastic Member

From North Coast Brewery

Rasputin's Imperial Stout
    Brother Thelonious

From Samuel Smith

Oatmeal Stout
    Taddy Porter
    Nut Brown Ale
    Yorkshire Stingo (when the budget allows)
    Imperial Stout

Random German beers/stouts

Franziskaner Hefe-Weissebier Dunkel
    Franziskaner Hefeweizen
    Bitburger
    Warstiener
    Warstiener Dunkel
    Erdinger

Randoms

Chimay (red label)
    Guiness
    Hoegarden
    Blue Moon
    London Porter
    O'Hara's Irish Stout

I use to be a big beer snob/nerd. I've since mellowed out to budget for two kids now. Lots of these beers aren't cheap and I can't justify it. So I mostly drink less expensive stuff and treat myself to others once and a while. Warstiener and Bitburger are fairly reasonable. I also drink Stroh's and Honey Brown often too. Both good beers for their respective prices.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Even though I'm a Northerner, I really enjoy a lot of Kentish ale. How much of it is actually brewed in the traditional 'oast houses' down there is debatable but I'm always tempted whenever I see them on the shelf.

A typical 'oast house', these are scattered across the county of Kent which has a very strong brewing tradition:

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

I particularly enjoy the output from the different arms of the Shepherd Neame brewery. These ales are lovely:

Spectacular Member

My absolute favorite brew is Kirin Ichiban, bar none (though I do like what I've tried from Heineken, Lowenbrau, Sapporo, Suntory, Asahi, Tsingtao & Newcastle.) My home stomping grounds, The Delmarva Peninsula, has seen an explosion of craft breweries over the last 20 years or so. Among my local faves:

From Evolution Craft Brewing:
    Primal Pale Ale(an excellent IPA)
    Sprung(brewed with honey, hibiscus & chamomile-a real delight! Only available through Spring & early Summer, sadly...)
    Jacques O' Lantern( Fall seasonal brew& my fave pumpkin-flavored beer)

From Burley Oak Brewery
    Sorry Chicky
    Aboriginal Gangsta(brewed with Australian hops)

From Tall Tales Brewery
    Sasquatch Imperial Stout
    Some Beach(tasty blonde pale brew)

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Tsingtao Beer is quite tasty and complements seafood.
    Omg for real? Sorry but it's the worst beer I've tasted and believe me, I've tried with a lot of beers because I just love it!

This is my fave one! The Blue Moon beer:

And another special mentions:

Kunstmann beer:

Mahou beer:

The red or green version are awesome to me.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

For a meal, it's Guinness, but if I'm drinking with my friends/family, it's some form of Sam Adams (or a similar brand).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Guinness. I've never had legit Guinness, but the stuff stateside is water. I had one for the first time a year or so ago and was shocked at how disappointing it was.

That said, I love all beer. Every beer has it's time or place. Just give me the beers. All the beers.

Kirin Ichiban, Sapporo, Suntory, and Asahi, are all good, but Heineken does not go well with hamburgers.
    When I was stationed in Iwakuni, we enjoyed the simple pleasure of beer vending machines during those hot Japanese nights. What a time to be alive.

These days I stick to Fosters. Blue or green can will do. When we go to a Japanese restaurant Sapporo is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    For a meal, it's Guinness, but if I'm drinking with my friends/family, it's some form of Sam Adams (or a similar brand).
    My problem is that it depends on whether I'm just casually drinking a beer or if I'm having it as part of a meal. I like Sam Adams, but it's too heavy for me by itself. If I'm having something like steak or a large hamburger with it, then it goes down better.

Otherwise, I go more towards pilsners and such.

I don't really like beer. I generally only drink it if I'm in a country where cider and wine aren't readily available.

If I absolutely have to though then I find Singha about the most palletable, followed by Chang and Tsingtao.

Cider on the other hand:
    Addlestones and Angry Orchard are both lovely.

Not beer, but a Meadery recently opened in town that has a really fantastic Coffee Mead. I've been drinking that lately when my group plays D&D.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Have you also drunk sake? I tried and drank sake in a Japanese restaurant awhile ago although I don't remember what brand it belongs to. It was good, but it is damn expensive.
    I have drunk enough sake to drown a small kaiju. I miss beer machines...