Page 53 of 122 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

On a visual note, I actually really liked the scuba outfit? Bobbi looks so good in blue and it just reinforced how much I want there to be some mixed in with her currently great costume.

MOCKBIRD2016004_DC11-580x880.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    On a visual note, I actually really liked the scuba outfit? Bobbi looks so good in blue and it just reinforced how much I want there to be some mixed in with her currently great costume.
    I know it homages a Bond poster but the wetsuit brings to mind Mockingbirds Sister from another Comic Company Black Canary in her Birds of Prey generation one field suit.

#5cover.jpg#5page11.jpg
    Last edited by Thirteen; 06-29-2016 at 08:17 PM.

The reveal that Bobbi used to poison Hawkeye is totally unsurprising.

I love this series.

The "experimenting with poisons on Clint" is a joke Marjorie Liu used with Natasha too.

I'm not sure if the disease Bobbi is infected with has something to do with the SSS/IF formula she was injected with, but her reaction to it is definitely colored by that. Cain's one-shot dealt with some of the feelings she's still sorting through, and obviously SHIELD is keeping medical tabs on her because of that weird formula.

I think that powerset and the possible consequences we're seeing from it in this arc reflect Cain/Niemczyk portray. She's very cool and funny and amazing on the outside: a scientist-superhero-spy with glossy perfect looks. But there's some messed up stuff underneath that.
    FYBW: my Black Widow blog.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm hoping we get some really cool bo-staff/eskrima stick action in the next issue. I loved that we got more of a focus on the science elements of Bobbi in this latest issue, now I just need to see her breakout her signature weapon and I'll be really happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrist View Post
    The "experimenting with poisons on Clint" is a joke Marjorie Liu used with Natasha too.

I'm not sure if the disease Bobbi is infected with has something to do with the SSS/IF formula she was injected with, but her reaction to it is definitely colored by that. Cain's one-shot dealt with some of the feelings she's still sorting through, and obviously SHIELD is keeping medical tabs on her because of that weird formula.

I think that powerset and the possible consequences we're seeing from it in this arc reflect Cain/Niemczyk portray. She's very cool and funny and amazing on the outside: a scientist-superhero-spy with glossy perfect looks. But there's some messed up stuff underneath that.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Yeah. Last issue wasn't the strongest, but this one feels like a return to form.

I like that all of the threads seem like they're finally coming together. I was wondering how all of the background mentions of antelopes dying could possibly factor into all of this. I love that this book uses actual science!

... I also like that Bobbi isn't a perfect hero, too. Some of her behavior's a little twisted sometimes... and it makes for an interesting story. (Though it did also imply that this bug is having some effect on her behavior and she's at least nominally aware of that.)
    I agree with the bold. Chelsea said that we were getting a book that would put the focus solely on Bobbi, and wouldn't be having her serve the development or plot of another person, and has been delivering just that.

Man, I really would like to see a Bobbi & Dinah team-up.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Heh. That reminds me of the line one of the T.I.M. guys had when Bobbi smashed him into a wall. "Why do you hate science?!"

I laughed.

huge yes to the batons, I miss them greatly.

I'd also love for the pole vault move to be showcased despite the wings kinda making it somewhat redundant -- except, not really because she needs to be stealthy which glowing wings kinda prevents :P

As we head into the conclusion of Bobbi's mystery, anyone have any good theory's?

As we head into the conclusion of Bobbi's mystery, anyone have any good theory's?
    I wish. I honestly have nothing.

Honestly, I'm kind of thinking that the pathogen that's killing everything except Bobbi was supposed to be a cure for cancer in-universe, and it was created by the people working at the clinic.

It would explain why it's so strong, and that strength would explain why it kills almost everything. It's too strong. In the attempt to create something that will modify things on a massive scale to save lives, or modify something to do the same, they ended up with something that saves people and creatures too quickly - most of their systems can't cope, and the sudden change kills them. The problem is that it doesn't just fix things that would be terminal, it fixes anything that it sees as an obstacle to the survival of whatever it's infected.

Bobbi isn't killed because the super soldier serum and infinity formula fix the damage as quickly as it occurs, leading to some interesting crossed wires in her brain, resulting in the powers.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    So would I. I would love to see a scene where Dinah's like, "What the hell? I'm blonde, yer blonde...I'm a bird, yer a bird...I date a smart ass archer, you date a smart ass archer!" And Bobbi is like, "But my smart ass archer was a poor redneck kid while yours was a millionare! Plus I'm a scientist and I'm funnier than you! You should actually be mad at my friend Lady Lark..."

Invincible Member

I also want to say that I really appreciate the fact that this series focuses on the idea of Bobbi as a scientist. It really helps distinguish her from all the other lady assassins/bad asses.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I also want to say that I really appreciate the fact that this series focuses on the idea of Bobbi as a scientist. It really helps distinguish her from all the other lady assassins/bad asses.
    Absolutely. I like that we're seeing her come up with weaponized chemicals and such, especially as tested on Clint.

#tbt for Bobbi Morse: Birth of Mockingbird