Page 1 of 122 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Mockingbird Appreciation

Scientist, spy, Avenger, super soldier -- there's a lot to love about Bobbi Morse.

Good to see the first of these threads showing up...

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Good to see the first of these threads showing up...
    Figured it was a good idea to get started early. Especially since I've been missing Bobbi for the last couple of months, ever since she was shoved into limbo at the end of Secret Avengers Vol 2. Boo!

I'm not reading the new Secret Avengers-- the first issue really turned me off, but does anyone know if there are any plans for Bobbi to return? I loved the last panel of her, Daisy, and Bucky in SA and would kill for that story, even if was written in the current run that I'm not super fond of.

I'd just love to see her in anything though, of course.
    Last edited by Bucky Barnes; 04-30-2014 at 04:48 PM.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

One thing I really like about Mockingbird is that she's a scientist and a superhero. That's something that is usually lacking among female superheroes. I'd love to see miniseries centered on the character that highlights her as a scientist and spy.

Kot has denied any plans to bring back that SA v2 plot into SA v3. She's on an upcoming cover of Hawkeye, but that book is being published erratically and I'm not sure it's making the best use of her, either. Bobbi, Natasha, and Jessica aren't a matched set of Clint's exes, and it's weird that Fraction makes them into a trio, even if he does some work to deconstruct that idea. It's not as bad for Natasha and Jess, since they have other gigs in other books, but Bobbi is real underused right now.

BANNED

And it's a skrull ? Bah !

BTW, where's Hawkingbird?

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    BTW, where's Hawkingbird?
    That's me. Figured I'd snag the perfect username this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
    That's me. Figured I'd snag the perfect username this time.
    I wondered if that was you. Grats on the thread (and the name)...

I wonder when they're going to actually answer the questions left hanging at the end of Secret Avengers. It was really sloppily tied up -- did she work for the Cult of Entropy? Does she have visions? Was Bobbi a falsely implanted personality or a personality that was the result of altered memories, or some sort of reset to before she started working for them? It would make her early appearances make a lot more sense, particularly the big change after the first couple.

And was it Bobbi, Barbara, or some combination of the two personalities that we saw at the end?

And where the heck are Bobbi and Daisy if Bucky came back to hang with the Invaders and investigate the death of the Watcher?

Oh, and I was very happy to hear the Man-Thing name drop in Agents of SHIELD. One step closer to getting Bobbi in the MCU, even if it isn't the TV show that was announced.

has she fought ManKiller?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    One thing I really like about Mockingbird is that she's a scientist and a superhero. That's something that is usually lacking among female superheroes. I'd love to see miniseries centered on the character that highlights her as a scientist and spy.
    ....and hero. Yes I agree.

Mockingbird [a.k.a. Agent 19]...loved Bobbi since she was reintroduced in Marvel Team-UP #95

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Jobbroni

Quote Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
    Figured it was a good idea to get started early. Especially since I've been missing Bobbi for the last couple of months, ever since she was shoved into limbo at the end of Secret Avengers Vol 2. Boo!

What comic is this from, please?

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

I know there were plans for a Mockingbird series on ABC family, and those didn't come about. But I still think she could carry a TV series of her own. Netflix, are you listening?