Page 120 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122 LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 1828

Have you read Bendis's Avengers?
    spoilers:
    Turns out you're reading Death of a Skrull.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Have you read Bendis's Avengers?
    spoilers:
    Turns out you're reading Death of a Skrull.
    end of spoilers
    I haven't read it, but I know of the revelation.

As much as I liked Bobbi turning up alive and enjoyed the mini-series I find the explanation for her return lacking since it ignores what happened to her after she died; i.e., her resurrection as a member of Grim Reaper's Lethal Legion and the message she sent back to Clint when the Thunderbolts went to Hell to bring her back.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    As much as I liked Bobbi turning up alive and enjoyed the mini-series I find the explanation for her return lacking since it ignores what happened to her after she died; i.e., her resurrection as a member of Grim Reaper's Lethal Legion and the message she sent back to Clint when the Thunderbolts went to Hell to bring her back.
    I'll eventually be doing a specific Mockingbird readthrough. Do you know which issues those can be found in?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    I do really wish some of that could be incorporated as having still happened.
    Last edited by Muffin Crud; 09-17-2018 at 06:31 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock
    I'll eventually be doing a specific Mockingbird readthrough. Do you know which issues those can be found in?
    AVENGERS vol.3 #10-11. It was followed up on in T-BOLTS 2000 ANNUAL (which had a brief Bobbi cameo), and issue #3 of the HELLCAT miniseries by Steve Englehart.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    I do really wish some of that could be incorporated as having still happened.
    It still happened--it just wasn't truly Bobbi. This is hardly the first example of someone who turned up in the Legion Of The Unliving who was later revealed to not have actually been dead at the time.

In this particular case, it was probably the essence of the Skrull imposter, still with Bobbi's personality and memories--so acting just as the real Bobbi would if it were really her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    AVENGERS vol.3 #10-11. It was followed up on in T-BOLTS 2000 ANNUAL (which had a brief Bobbi cameo), and issue #3 of the HELLCAT miniseries by Steve Englehart.

It still happened--it just wasn't truly Bobbi. This is hardly the first example of someone who turned up in the Legion Of The Unliving who was later revealed to not have actually been dead at the time.

In this particular case, it was probably the essence of the Skrull imposter, still with Bobbi's personality and memories--so acting just as the real Bobbi would if it were really her.
    It's interesting how with most of the named Skrulls who were part of the invasion, we get to see into their heads a bit, but we don't really know anything about H'rpra's motivations. Did she really think that she was Bobbi, or did she just get inspired by the people around her and choose to act as Bobbi would?

She could've been so immersed that she believed she really was Bobbi - just like Mar-Vell's Skrull imposter, who thought he was time displaced.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

where is she now?
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    where is she now?
    H'rpra or Bobbi? Last we saw H'rpra, she was hanging out with Dead Girl and Gwen Stacy. Bobbi's been showing up occasionally in Spider-Man/Deadpool, and she'll be in the new Unstoppable Wasp, which starts in October (Bobbi will appear in the second issue).

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    H'rpra or Bobbi? Last we saw H'rpra, she was hanging out with Dead Girl and Gwen Stacy. Bobbi's been showing up occasionally in Spider-Man/Deadpool, and she'll be in the new Unstoppable Wasp, which starts in October (Bobbi will appear in the second issue).
    Speaking of which

I need somebody to make a real-life copy of that jacket for me.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Bird-themed Avengers in hoodies by Jadenite.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    Speaking of which

Doesn't Bobbi's costume have wings (since ANAD Amazing Spider-Man)? Why would Janet need to carry her? I think Whitley dropped the ball there.