Page 4 of 122 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hekabolos View Post
    This is such great news. I was hoping for this after it was mentioned that elements of the previously in production Mockingbird TV show would make it into Agents of SHIELD, but I had half assumed that that was Simmons.

Ultimate Member

It makes sense. Fury essentially told Coulson to rebuild SHIELD from the ground up. Bobbi Morse is one of the new recruits, the set up is perfect. Plus, she's a big enough character that an appearance would draw attention, but probably not big enough to get her own movie/show (at least not yet), so introducing her in AOS would be appropriate.
    Last edited by Punisher007; 07-25-2014 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It makes sense. Fury essentially told Coulson to rebuild SHIELD from the ground up. Bobbi Morse is one of the new recruits, the set up is perfect. Plus, she's a big enough character that an appearance would draw attention, but probably not big enough to get her own movie/show (at least not yet), so introducing her in AOS would be appropriate.
    It doesn't sound like she's new --she has her own codename already, and she's mentioned to be in a safe house, and the way she's spoken about makes it sound like she's a former/current SHIELD agent.

Ultimate Member

I meant new in the sense that Coulson bringing into the "new and improved SHIELD" so to speak.

BANNED

Marvel Team-Up 95 has become hot on Ebay now. Wonder if anybody will pay the higher prices?

Quote Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
    This is such great news. I was hoping for this after it was mentioned that elements of the previously in production Mockingbird TV show would make it into Agents of SHIELD, but I had half assumed that that was Simmons.

I feel like it was always just a matter of time before Bobbi showed up on AoS. The show was practically made for her: a place where she can shine without being overshadowed by the "bigger" Avengers and establish what makes her awesome away from them.

It doesn't sound like she's new --she has her own codename already, and she's mentioned to be in a safe house, and the way she's spoken about makes it sound like she's a former/current SHIELD agent.
    Not only does she seem to be already established, but it sounds as though she is something of a legend in SHIELD, based on the way Koenig talked about her. I'm hoping she will make a good enough showing here to regain a place in the books. Dare I hope for a solo, similar to what happened with Deathlok?

Mockingbird on Agents of SHEILD....this is exciting news.
    I might start watching the show now.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    Marvel Team-Up 95 has become hot on Ebay now. Wonder if anybody will pay the higher prices?
    Love this.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Ultimate Member

So if she does appear, I wonder if she'll have any connection to Hawkeye, be it a past one or present?

I hope that Bobbi being on Agents of SHIELD means they're going to give her a decent push in the comics. I'd love to see her play a decent role, or maybe even get a long-awaited ongoing.

I hope that Bobbi being on Agents of SHIELD means they're going to give her a decent push in the comics. I'd love to see her play a decent role, or maybe even get a long-awaited ongoing.
    I really hope so too. I need to sit down and re-read the previous volume of Secret Avengers and figure out exactly what happened. I liked her a long time ago right when she died in West Coast Avengers and was satisfied with her character arc. I was also very skeptical about bringing her back during/after Secret Invasion, but they seemed to pull it off fairly well. I just wish that they would give her some real development with the people that she was connected to back at that time - Scarlet Witch, Wonder Man, Tigra, US Agent. Or even now, Winter Soldier, Black Widow, Spiderwoman. I have great hopes for her on AOS and can't wait for her to kick a$$!!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    So if she does appear, I wonder if she'll have any connection to Hawkeye, be it a past one or present?

It might be fun if their relationship was alluded to in an easter egg kind of way. Like someone comes to see Bobbi where she lives and maybe there's a couple of arrows laying around or maybe there's a quick glimpse of Clint's old tunic hanging up in the closet or something.

Invincible Member

That could be fun. The challenge would be how to make it stand out in a market where we already have titles for Widow and Electra ( as well as things like Lazaraus and Velvet). It's got to seem like something more than just another bad ass lady super spy/assassin. I'd say play up the fact that she's pretty well adjusted and not haunted by her past (despite a couple of horrible things happening to her). Give the book a more light hearted atmosphere than those other titles. And while it should be a spy/high adventure title, perhaps make it a bit more "superhero-y".
    There's tons of B-list villains that could be overhauled to create an interesting rogues gallery for Mockingbird.

An ongoing would be great, especially if it were to be written by McCann. I assume they'll wait to see how the character is received before making any plans though, much like they did with Deathlok. In the meantime, I have high hopes that Bobbi will appear in Kot's new Winter Soldier series. It's already been mentioned that one of Bucky's supporting characters will be Daisy Johnson, and since Bobbi was last seen having coffee with the two of them...

Quote Originally Posted by baltiroo View Post
    I really hope so too. I need to sit down and re-read the previous volume of Secret Avengers and figure out exactly what happened. I liked her a long time ago right when she died in West Coast Avengers and was satisfied with her character arc. I was also very skeptical about bringing her back during/after Secret Invasion, but they seemed to pull it off fairly well. I just wish that they would give her some real development with the people that she was connected to back at that time - Scarlet Witch, Wonder Man, Tigra, US Agent. Or even now, Winter Soldier, Black Widow, Spiderwoman. I have great hopes for her on AOS and can't wait for her to kick a$$!!
    Haha. I really need a reread of Secret Avengers too! I think I know what was going on, but I'm pretty sure I'm wrong.

:'-( That Avengers West Coast Run (69-100) is still my favorite comic run of all-time. So sad when Bobbi died. And I refuse to believe she was a Skrull that whole time