Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mockingbird Appreciation

Scientist, spy, Avenger, super soldier -- there's a lot to love about Bobbi Morse.

Good to see the first of these threads showing up...

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Good to see the first of these threads showing up...
    Figured it was a good idea to get started early. Especially since I've been missing Bobbi for the last couple of months, ever since she was shoved into limbo at the end of Secret Avengers Vol 2. Boo!

I'm not reading the new Secret Avengers-- the first issue really turned me off, but does anyone know if there are any plans for Bobbi to return? I loved the last panel of her, Daisy, and Bucky in SA and would kill for that story, even if was written in the current run that I'm not super fond of.

I'd just love to see her in anything though, of course.
    Last edited by Bucky Barnes; 04-30-2014 at 04:48 PM.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

One thing I really like about Mockingbird is that she's a scientist and a superhero. That's something that is usually lacking among female superheroes. I'd love to see miniseries centered on the character that highlights her as a scientist and spy.

Kot has denied any plans to bring back that SA v2 plot into SA v3. She's on an upcoming cover of Hawkeye, but that book is being published erratically and I'm not sure it's making the best use of her, either. Bobbi, Natasha, and Jessica aren't a matched set of Clint's exes, and it's weird that Fraction makes them into a trio, even if he does some work to deconstruct that idea. It's not as bad for Natasha and Jess, since they have other gigs in other books, but Bobbi is real underused right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    One thing I really like about Mockingbird is that she's a scientist and a superhero. That's something that is usually lacking among female superheroes. I'd love to see miniseries centered on the character that highlights her as a scientist and spy.
    ....and hero. Yes I agree.

Mockingbird [a.k.a. Agent 19]...loved Bobbi since she was reintroduced in Marvel Team-UP #95

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Jobbroni

Quote Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
    Figured it was a good idea to get started early. Especially since I've been missing Bobbi for the last couple of months, ever since she was shoved into limbo at the end of Secret Avengers Vol 2. Boo!

What comic is this from, please?

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

I know there were plans for a Mockingbird series on ABC family, and those didn't come about. But I still think she could carry a TV series of her own. Netflix, are you listening?

Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    What comic is this from, please?
    New Avengers: The Reunion by Jim McCann and David Lopez. One of my favourite Bobbi stories ever.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    I know there were plans for a Mockingbird series on ABC family, and those didn't come about. But I still think she could carry a TV series of her own. Netflix, are you listening?
    She could definitely carry her own TV show: she's basically half an Avengers team on her own. I'd love to see her pop up in Agents of SHIELD first to introduce her to more people and then branch off into her own show. I imagine that she and Simmons would get on well, sharing a science background before moving to the field.

I hope that Bobbi being on Agents of SHIELD means they're going to give her a decent push in the comics. I'd love to see her play a decent role, or maybe even get a long-awaited ongoing.

Oh, I almost forgot, and was just reminded by something that happened in Avengers World #10 today - Bobbi was officially confirmed to be Francis Barton's mother.

I read the preview of Bucky Barnes: Winter Soldier #1 and Daisy Johnson was in it. Just wonder if, maybe, since they were hanging out at the end of Spencer's Secret Avengers run we can expect to see Bobbi, too?

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Issue 6 preview!

Bobbi's outfit is A+