Page 51 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    Is it odd that I've only been recently introduced to Bobbi from reading spiderman? Does she just haphazardly appear in marvel books or am I blind.
    I don't think it's that odd. She's been around since the 70s... but mostly as a supporting character. (And she spent a lot of time seemingly dead... or kidnapped by skrulls.)

This really is the most visible she's ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    To be fair, I didn't mind either. I could be a bad person though.
    Yeah, they were reporters, no big loss. That one reporter, in particular, seemed like a douche.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Damnit, Bobbi. Stop appearing in books I don't want to read!

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Ooops....
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

This is one of the reasons I use Marvel Unlimited--to catch appearances of favorite characters in other books---just 6 months later.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

If it makes you feel better, Silk is a great book. Silk, as introduced by Dan Slott, was a terrible character. Silk, as written by Robbie Thompson, has been excellent. And I really like Tana Ford's art, myself. So it is a book that's worth reading.

I'm kinda worried about Bobbi. Her book isn't selling that well, and it's just issue #3, I'm afraid it may not last too long. AOS is doing awful, but to be honest even if it wasn't it wouldn't make any difference since Bobbi has no plot there, she literally just fight sometimes and that's it...
    On MCU, well, the spinoff cancelled and we don't know if she'll come back for season 4. It kinda feel like all the attention she gained recently is slowly ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm kinda worried about Bobbi. Her book isn't selling that well, and it's just issue #3, I'm afraid it may not last too long. AOS is doing awful, but to be honest even if it wasn't it wouldn't make any difference since Bobbi has no plot there, she literally just fight sometimes and that's it...
    On MCU, well, the spinoff cancelled and we don't know if she'll come back for season 4. It kinda feel like all the attention she gained recently is slowly ending.
    I do hope they manage to keep her book around for a little while. I'm really, really enjoying it. I look forward to it more than Captain Marvel... and I think that's saying something.

... the utter silence on the fate of Bobbi and Hunter in the MCU is so frustrating though. Somebody did ask Nick Blood at a convention in Germany recently. He said he still didn't know what was going to happen. (There is a part of me that wonders if they have the budget to bring them back. The size of the AOS cast went from 6 in season 1, to 9 in season 2, to 10 in season 3 and is now back down to 6. It's worth it for ABC and Disney to give them a fourth season for that sweet, sweet syndication cash... but given the ratings, I wouldn't be surprised if their budget got slashed a bit.) I'll keep my fingers crossed for a guest appearance at least.

I do hope they manage to keep her book around for a little while. I'm really, really enjoying it. I look forward to it more than Captain Marvel... and I think that's saying something.

... the utter silence on the fate of Bobbi and Hunter in the MCU is so frustrating though. Somebody did ask Nick Blood at a convention in Germany recently. He said he still didn't know what was going to happen. (There is a part of me that wonders if they have the budget to bring them back. The size of the AOS cast went from 6 in season 1, to 9 in season 2, to 10 in season 3 and is now back down to 6. It's worth it for ABC and Disney to give them a fourth season for that sweet, sweet syndication cash... but given the ratings, I wouldn't be surprised if their budget got slashed a bit.) I'll keep my fingers crossed for a guest appearance at least.
    I think it's kinda fucked up if they don't bring them back. They were fine there, and as far as we know the spinoff was the only reason they were written out, so bringing them back since it's not going to happen feels just like the obvious right thing to do. I'm quite worried about season 4 though. They promised the Secret Warriors for season 3 and we kinda didn't really had it, so I was expecting Yo-Yo and maaybe Joey to be regulars now, but I'm not so sure anymore.

I think it's kinda fucked up if they don't bring them back. They were fine there, and as far as we know the spinoff was the only reason they were written out, so bringing them back since it's not going to happen feels just like the obvious right thing to do. I'm quite worried about season 4 though. They promised the Secret Warriors for season 3 and we kinda didn't really had it, so I was expecting Yo-Yo and maaybe Joey to be regulars now, but I'm not so sure anymore.
    I'm of mixed opinion on whether or not it's a good idea to elevate Joey and Yo-Yo to regulars. I think one of the biggest problems in the past two seasons was that with the HUGE cast... there just wasn't enough material/time for everybody. Bobbi was definitely a victim of this in season 3 - her rehab/recovery could have been full of meaty character development material. But, since there was so much else going on... we didn't have the time to explore that in depth. Granted, the six month time skip also played into that. We never got to see the hardest times for her. She had some fun moments (the Mandarin-speaking adventures of MockingMay, for one)... but the one episode where she got to really, REALLY shine was naturally the one in which she left.

I did notice, though... that after Bobbi left, I think there was only one episode in which she didn't get name-dropped. At least our characters are still thinking about her!

Well, on the plus side, it looks like Marvel is committing to a second trade with the solicit of issue #6 (The first trade, I believe, is the one-shot and issues 1-5) so hopefully they'll go to issue 10 or 11 before ending the series for Marvel NOW! (2.0). Hopefully she'll play prominently in a new book (I'd kill for a new Secret Avengers title) but I'm not holding my breath.....

And if she doesn't return to AOS I probably won't watch next season (I say that now......). Still hoping against hope that Marvel's Most Wanted finds a home on Netfix though.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    (I'd kill for a new Secret Avengers title)
    I'll read it!

... surely the two of us are enough, right?

I'd love Netflix to do a Mockingbird series. Not necessarily Most Wanted, just one starring her and Hunter.
    I surrender to the Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    I'd love Netflix to do a Mockingbird series. Not necessarily Most Wanted, just one starring her and Hunter.
    I think it should be about HER really, and that may be one of their mistakes. Hunter can be an important regular character(like Trish on Jessica), but there's no need to be the focus too.