Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122
Results 1,816 to 1,828 of 1828

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Bobbi had an awesome part in today's TUW issue! She had a decent page count and has very nice intearctions with Nadia, Janet and most importantly Ying.
    It was such a good issue! Great for all of the characters involved, including Bobbi. Whitley is killing it with her characterization (in both this and the Secret Empire Underground issue).

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

So I am thinking of doing a Valentine’s Day themed CYOA fanfic for Peter/Spider-Man with about eight different love interests to meet, either in their civilian or superhero personas, so I was just wondering what sorts of things fans of Peter/Bobbi might want to see in a possible date or romantic setting? Just an experiment I might be trying as a Spider-Man fan...

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    So I am thinking of doing a Valentine’s Day themed CYOA fanfic for Peter/Spider-Man with about eight different love interests to meet, either in their civilian or superhero personas, so I was just wondering what sorts of things fans of Peter/Bobbi might want to see in a possible date or romantic setting? Just an experiment I might be trying as a Spider-Man fan...
    I think the nature of their relationship and the way they broke up makes it hard to root for them as a romantic pair. They make good friends, though. I think it'd be cute to have a story about them being set up on a blind date, realizing they don't really have chemistry, and then deciding they're each going to find a match for the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I think the nature of their relationship and the way they broke up makes it hard to root for them as a romantic pair. They make good friends, though. I think it'd be cute to have a story about them being set up on a blind date, realizing they don't really have chemistry, and then deciding they're each going to find a match for the other one.
    Thanks, since the story I have in mind is out of continuity the Friends aspects might not be such an issue, but admittedly I have her as an option mainly because of their recent relationship in the comics and because originally I was gonna involve occupations with her, Carol and Jessica as SHIELD agents, but the idea has changed since then and is more about alter egos, and Bobbi as Mockingbird isn’t quite the same as MJ as Spinneret or Felicia as Black Cat... so I might swap her out for someone else. I like your suggestion though so I might still include her somewhere...

I'm aware that it's over, but how did Spider-Man and Mockingbird first start dating to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm aware that it's over, but how did Spider-Man and Mockingbird first start dating to begin with?
    She was a SHIELD liaison to Parker Industries, so they'd been working together for a while, and one time, they were sitting around talking about how being a superhero takes a huge toll on your personal life, and he was like, "Hey, maybe we should date each other, because we can both relate to that."

Peter and Bobbi could’ve been great but they totally botched it.

It really needed to simmer a lot longer and play out in a classic “will they won’t they” but they just threw it together and ruined it almost immediately. Bizarre.

I loved them as buddies and would happily like to see that come back. They’re both scientists, Utilize that!
    Last edited by Muffin Crud; 12-28-2018 at 01:52 AM.

The main issue is that Marvel never seems to like pairing Peter with any heroine outside his comic for long because of either the feeling that it downplays the role of the women in question given Spider-Man’s popularity, or the dumb idea of how some writers always want Peter dating women who don’t know his secret so ‘drama’ (which is super old these days). Plus MJ fans tend to get sulky. I prefer Bobbi with Lance or Clint anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    The main issue is that Marvel never seems to like pairing Peter with any heroine outside his comic for long because of either the feeling that it downplays the role of the women in question given Spider-Man’s popularity, or the dumb idea of how some writers always want Peter dating women who don’t know his secret so ‘drama’ (which is super old these days). Plus MJ fans tend to get sulky. I prefer Bobbi with Lance or Clint anyway...
    Speaking for myself, I don't like all the drama around couples getting together, breaking up, getting together with other people, breaking up with them, over and over. It's one thing if the character wants to date around because they're not ready to settle down, but Peter/MJ and Bobbi/Clint were strong, dedicated couples, and I just don't see the appeal of having them date other people when it's clearly not going to last. Actually, in the case of Peter/Bobbi, it served a narrative purpose (they tried to date because they had stuff in common and then realized that's not enough to build a relationship on), so I don't mind that it happened, but when editorial tries to push a new love interest like this is going to be The Real Thing (like what they did with Charlie Cooper), I do find that annoying.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Bobbi and Peter were cute IMO, and I would have liked to see more of their relationship, but its tenure was always going to be short. I don't think people or writers will ever move on from Peter/MJ and Bobbi/Clint. Which is fine, because I like those couples.

Hate that Mockingbird is stuck in a supporting role in other books. Really wish she could move beyond that and be featured as a main player again.

This thread hasn't been locked yet, but it probably will be in the next few days, so I opened a new one for 2019 here:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ciation-(2019)

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar
    we can be heroes, just for one day