Page 117 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 1828
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Sorry about that, just trying to rationalize the abruptness of the Peter and Bobbi split.
    It's fine, I know while you're a fan of Bobbi, you don't like her being in a relationship with Peter. People don't have to like it, but I've seen a lot of MJ/Peter fans crapping on Bobbi because she was dating Peter, and I just don't think that's cool.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 02-03-2018 at 10:28 AM.

BANNED

Yeah, Slott himself has often cited the reason Marvel don't put Peter with women long-term very often is because fans will never let go of the "big three" MJ, Felicia, or even Gwen (which is why she's cloned fifteen billion times)

It doesn't help that Slott is a polarizing figure with the Spidey fanbase and his writing of Peter is often heavily scrutinized overall, not just with relationships.

One idea about this issue is it may be a swerve...the story could begin with their break-up, but the lunch date saves it somehow, and that keeps Bobbi in the picture right 'till Slott leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Lack of Bobbi is disappointing. I know she's appearing in Amazing Spider-man, but I believe it was announced Slott was leaving Spider-Man soon, so I don't know what's going to happen to Bobbi.
    I'm going to make it my business to collect Bobbi's entire run in Amazing Spidey. I think Slott nailed her "voice" and the art was some of the better renditions of the latest Mockingbird look - though not a fan of the energy wings - prefer the sleeves as SHIELD tech gliders.
    I don't mind Mock as a substantial supporting character outside of headlining her own title. I do wish they hadn't gone the romantic route and much preferred them as professional with some underlying chemistry that goes unconsummated. Makes for the best story tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I'm going to make it my business to collect Bobbi's entire run in Amazing Spidey. I think Slott nailed her "voice" and the art was some of the better renditions of the latest Mockingbird look - though not a fan of the energy wings - prefer the sleeves as SHIELD tech gliders.
    I don't mind Mock as a substantial supporting character outside of headlining her own title. I do wish they hadn't gone the romantic route and much preferred them as professional with some underlying chemistry that goes unconsummated. Makes for the best story tension.

Agree with everything you say.

Should’ve gone with will they won’t they while getting closer and closer as friends.
    Last edited by Muffin Crud; 02-05-2018 at 09:55 AM.

I've been playing Avengers Academy for the past few weeks and I wasn't sure whether i would get a chance to get Mockingbird or if she was a limited-time offer that I had missed... but with yesterday's update to the game, she popped right up and I had her in five minutes! I'm so excited!

Screenshot_20180206-171653.jpg

and the art was some of the better renditions of the latest Mockingbird look.
    She's gorgeous.

I loved Immonen's version in New Avengers.
    immonen bobbi.jpg
    bobbi new avengers.jpg
    bobbi new avengers 2.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I've been playing Avengers Academy for the past few weeks and I wasn't sure whether i would get a chance to get Mockingbird or if she was a limited-time offer that I had missed... but with yesterday's update to the game, she popped right up and I had her in five minutes! I'm so excited!

Screenshot_20180206-171653.jpg
    I have her wearing a disco costume, because I was able to unlock it, so why not?

(Side note: I'm not impressed with the fact that the new update causes everyone to go back to their default costume every time you open it. Lame.)

Yes to Immonen’s work in general and his Bobbi. It’s probably the best she’s ever looked.

BANNED

Sweet, I've never seen that variant before, not even on my usual haunts that help to promote 'con variants.

The inevitable occurred in Amazing Spider-Man today...but I liked it because it was so ordinary and uncomplicated. Just two people realizing they shared little interests together, and Bobbi hung around when Peter finally turned up for lunch. Nothing messy for once.

spoilers:
    Oooh she's doing something new on the West Coast?
    end of spoilers That sounds promising!

spoilers:
    Oh, that could be good.....Hopefully we'll hear something soon.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    Well........if it means spoilers:
    the Return of the WHACOs/West Coast Avengers or Avengers Academy
    end of spoilers; so much the Better.....!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Sweet, I've never seen that variant before, not even on my usual haunts that help to promote 'con variants.

The inevitable occurred in Amazing Spider-Man today...but I liked it because it was so ordinary and uncomplicated. Just two people realizing they shared little interests together, and Bobbi hung around when Peter finally turned up for lunch. Nothing messy for once.
    I didn't realize that this was out today until you said so, so thanks for the reminder! I also like that there's no bad guy involved.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I hope that the thing Bobbi mentions actually pans out to be something.

This was expected, and while I did think they were cute together, I'm glad they at least still seem to have a rapport with one another. Nice to see Bobbi forming some bonds with the greater Marvel universe. I think Slott really managed to make the most of Bobbi's supporting role, and I appreciate that.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 02-07-2018 at 08:25 PM.

We'll know in a fortnight. spoilers:
    If West Coast Avengers is coming back, it'll be in the May solicits.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman