Page 119 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122 LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1828
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not as stupid as you think, if Silk's along for the ride. Cindy used to work for a TV channel.

And the two of them are mentioned in the preview for Spider-Man vs Deadpool #33, but don't appear.
    She probably appears in the next few pages hopefully upon release.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Its sad that Bobbi was left out of this new WCA. I don't care too much for the premise, but I still feel that Mockingbird should have been included, and not just as someone who can have a cameo appearance later. She's doing nothing, and her appearances are erratic and supportive at best. The WCA are an important part of the character's history, and its even more frustrating because of Slott saying that Bobbi had a new gig on the west coast. I'm sure Kelly wasn't aware of that, but its a major let down that something that we wanted to happen is coming to fruition, only for it not to include Bobbi. I'm sick of her always being left out.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 05-18-2018 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Its sad that Bobbi was left out of this new WCA. I don't care too much for the premise, but I still feel that Mockingbird should have been included, and not just as someone who can have a cameo appearance later. She's doing nothing, and her appearances are erratic and supportive at best. The WCA are an important part of the character's history, and its even more frustrating because of Slott saying that Bobbi had a new gig on the west coast. I'm sure Kelly wasn't aware of that, but its a major let down that something that we wanted to happen is coming to fruition, only for it not to include Bobbi. I'm sick of her always being left out.
    I think Bobbi could appear in the new WCA, but not in a way you think or expect. I think Mockingbird will be SHIELD's "eyes" on them, due to the "reality show" aspect, I think SHIELD does not a repeat with what happened vis a vis The New Warriors & Stamford. I could be wrong though
    Last edited by Blu_Spyder; 05-20-2018 at 10:37 AM.
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,
    same as the old Arachne_Azure

"If Life doesn't give you some sugar to go with the lemons
    your lemonade is gonna suck
    "

so did Spidey and Mockie end on good terms or was it a bad breakup?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    It may have ended badly, considering how mad she got at Peter when she entered the messed up bathroom in their apartment at the end of Venom Inc: Omega.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    They ended on good terms. On a plane ride back from London, they realized they didn't have anything aside from the job to talk to each other about and that they were trying to force chemistry that wasn't there. They parted amicably and even had a nice dinner with Aunt May afterwards.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    They ended on good terms. On a plane ride back from London, they realized they didn't have anything aside from the job to talk to each other about and that they were trying to force chemistry that wasn't there. They parted amicably and even had a nice dinner with Aunt May afterwards.
    nice avatar, i would loved to see more of spidey and mockie too bad
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    nice avatar, i would loved to see more of spidey and mockie too bad
    Thanks! They're still working together in the current arc of Spider-Man/Deadpool, although it's unclear whether this takes place before or after they broke up.

After having a few days to think it over, my issue with Bobbi not being in the WCA relaunch isn't just that I want to see her outside of being a supporting character in someone else's book (I do) or that she and Kate are long due for panel-time together (they are) or that the time is ripe for Bobbi and Clint to get back together (it is), because all of those things could still happen in another book. What bothers me is the idea that she doesn't deserve it as much as Clint, that the WCA isn't her baby just as much as it is Clint's. When people regard her as just another character in the original team's revolving cast because she didn't officially hold the title of chairman, that's kind of devaluing of women's work that shouldn't still be happening in 2018.

Every step that Clint took in putting the team together was a joint effort between the two of them. He didn't have an easy time learning how to transition from the voice of dissent to leader of the Avengers, and Bobbi was a big part of his success. Who did Tigra turn to with her self-confidence and "two souls" problems? Who stood up to Clint on behalf of the team members/prospective members (e.g. Tigra when Clint was nervous about putting her in the field, Wonder Man when Clint got mad about his interview, Firebird when Clint didn't notice that she angling for an invitation, etc.)? As a brand new chairman, Clint wasn't secure enough in his position to accept criticism, but Bobbi forced him to listen to her, and the team wouldn't have been a success without that. She didn't get much respect in some of the later issues before returning to the team, but that doesn't mean that looking back, we can't appreciate how important she was to its founding. It's not a coincidence that when she (or the Skrull posing as her) died, it all fell apart.

In the real world, there are so many leadership positions generally held by men where the wife is expected to run herself ragged into the ground acting as the support team, for no credit. The FLOTUS still gets zero salary for all the responsibilities she's expected to take on. Marvel has a reputation for trying to be progressive, and so you'd think that Bobbi would be recognized, at least retroactively, for all she did for the WCA. I can understand that maybe there's no room for Bobbi with the limited space that they have (ironic, considering how hard she fought for Firebird!) or that she doesn't fit with the motif of young heroes, but I hope that her legacy can at least be acknowledged in the pages.

Thanks to responsarbre for the heads-up: Bobbi showed up in yesterday's issue of Punisher!

Also, they're bringing back Unstoppable Wasp in October, and Bobbi will be back as a mentor figure for Nadia:

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-relaunche...tley-gurihiru/

Slott dun goofed then. Bobbi said she had a new job on the West Coast. She clearly stays in New York/New Jersey after all. She was originally only volunteering at Pym Labs as mentor to the G.I.R.L. crew - maybe Janet will make that a paid position?

And by the way, Spider-Man/Deadpool is set before Go Down Swinging and the last arc of Despicable Deadpool.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

For what it's worth, Spider-Man/Deadpool #37 this week confirmed that this issue, at least, is post-breakup, but she still seems to be sticking around. So that's one book she's appearing in regularly at the moment.

bobbi.jpg

Bobbi by Edward Pun.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Bobbi in Avengers West Coast. I am reading Death of Mockingbird for the first time and am quite enjoying it (even with the sad ending)