Page 5 of 122 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Ryan View Post
    :'-( That Avengers West Coast Run (69-100) is still my favorite comic run of all-time. So sad when Bobbi died. And I refuse to believe she was a Skrull that whole time
    She wasn't a Skrull for that long. She was a Skrull from the Ultron issues until the end. You can still enjoy the rest.

So excited to see Mockingbird join Agents of Shield. I hope she becomes a recurring character or a main one, instead of just showing up in an episode. And I think it would be really clever if they allude to her and Clint's relationship, maybe with some arrows lying on her table or something subtle like that. Just found this thread, I've always been quite fond of Bobbi, and other badass chicks like her. Her and Agent May would be pretty badass as well.

Also with Bobbi coming to the show, I wish we could see Sharon Carter make an appearance too. We already have her established in the MCU and stuff, I think she'd go well in the show too.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderBoy View Post
    So excited to see Mockingbird join Agents of Shield. I hope she becomes a recurring character or a main one, instead of just showing up in an episode. And I think it would be really clever if they allude to her and Clint's relationship, maybe with some arrows lying on her table or something subtle like that. Just found this thread, I've always been quite fond of Bobbi, and other badass chicks like her. Her and Agent May would be pretty badass as well.
    Damm i have to agree when is this coming back, who's playing Bobbi

Also with Bobbi coming to the show, I wish we could see Sharon Carter make an appearance too. We already have her established in the MCU and stuff, I think she'd go well in the show too.
    I could see them doing this to keep Emily's Sharon alive until Cap 3 but it depends on Emily Van Camps schedule with Revenage. I wouldn't hold my breath but stranger things have happened.
    Truth is the best policy

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Damm i have to agree when is this coming back, who's playing Bobbi

Isn't it awesome?! And the actor that is playing her hasn't been revealed yet, I hope we'll find out soon. Who all do you think would make a great Bobbi?

I could see them doing this to keep Emily's Sharon alive until Cap 3 but it depends on Emily Van Camps schedule with Revenage. I wouldn't hold my breath but stranger things have happened.
    Yeah, she could be quite busy filming her own show. But I imagine she would be up for it, and I think it would be great to see Sharon again, maybe in a more action role.

BANNED

Good news about Bobbie joining Agents of Shield. Who knows, maybe a spin off show is in her future! I really hope they included the camo-tech with her initial appearance on the series. It's very cool and much needed addition to her character.

Yeah, she could be quite busy filming her own show. But I imagine she would be up for it, and I think it would be great to see Sharon again, maybe in a more action role.
    Sure she might be up for it but if she doesn't have the time but it would be a nice link, heres how i think it should go, have sharon turn up as part of a CIA and see that Phill is rebuilding SHIELD and helping them with a misson then have her rejoin SHIELD and stay in the CIA until the time is right as a loan asset or something. It would give you the Sharon angle for a episode or two and remind us of what Sharon is up to since winter solider.
    Truth is the best policy

Oh, I almost forgot, and was just reminded by something that happened in Avengers World #10 today - Bobbi was officially confirmed to be Francis Barton's mother.

Ultimate Member

Cool, but it was already obvious:

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Cool, but it was already obvious:
    I'm behind since i trade wait (the only drawback) but one tiny thing

WHAT
    Truth is the best policy

Ultimate Member

If you watch the Next Avengers movie, then it was already obvious that Bobbi was Francis Barton's mother.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Good news about Bobbie joining Agents of Shield. Who knows, maybe a spin off show is in her future! I really hope they included the camo-tech with her initial appearance on the series. It's very cool and much needed addition to her character.
    I could see that being the mid-season replacement in Season 3 if the character is well received in lieu of Agent Carter. Bobbi was a character that Marvel had been trying to make happen on TV for a minute.

Hey guys, I really love Mockingbird but I haven't read too much off her. What would you consider an essential reading list for her? I know she was in the first Marvel Now volume of Secret Avengers but I haven't read too much if that, is she cool in it? Thanks for your help.

Hey guys, I really love Mockingbird but I haven't read too much off her. What would you consider an essential reading list for her? I know she was in the first Marvel Now volume of Secret Avengers but I haven't read too much if that, is she cool in it? Thanks for your help.
    Astonishing Tales 6-20: Not entirely necessary, but if you want to see where Bobbi started out as a scientist, I recommend them.

Marvel Super Action 1: Bobbi's only appearance as the Huntress.

Marvel Team Up 95: Bobbi's first appearance as Mockingbird.

Hawkeye Vol 1 1-4: The miniseries that pushes Bobbi into the spotlight, having her team up with Clint. Definitely one of my favourites.

West Coast Avengers: Great material, but can be a bit of a slog at times. Probably just get the miniseries and the Lost in Space-Time storyline (the Phantom Rider storyline), if your main interest is Bobbi.

Secret Invasion: A lot of it's a Skrull, but there are some great moments of characterisation involving the Skrull, and we get the real Bobbi back at the end.

New Avengers Vol 1 52-Finale: Bobbi after returning from being held by the Skrulls.

New Avengers: The Reunion: This explains Bobbi's experiences among the Skrulls and what she's doing now that she's back.

Hawkeye & Mockingbird: Sort of a continuation of The Reunion, but also a great storyline that brings back the Phantom Rider.

New Avengers Vol 2 9-14: Although Bobbi's a regular character, this is the story of how she becomes a super soldier, so I highly recommend it.

Secret Avengers Vol 2: 2-16. Bobbi's most recent appearances.

The bolded ones are the ones I particularly recommend.

If you can get hold of Avengers: Hawkeye, the trade contains the Hawkeye miniseries where Bobbi really becomes a major player in the MU, as well as the single story where she's the Huntress, and Marvel Super Action 95, her first appearance as Mockingbird.

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
    Astonishing Tales 6-20: Not entirely necessary, but if you want to see where Bobbi started out as a scientist, I recommend them.

Marvel Super Action 1: Bobbi's only appearance as the Huntress.

Marvel Team Up 95: Bobbi's first appearance as Mockingbird.

Hawkeye Vol 1 1-4: The miniseries that pushes Bobbi into the spotlight, having her team up with Clint. Definitely one of my favourites.

West Coast Avengers: Great material, but can be a bit of a slog at times. Probably just get the miniseries and the Lost in Space-Time storyline (the Phantom Rider storyline), if your main interest is Bobbi.

Secret Invasion: A lot of it's a Skrull, but there are some great moments of characterisation involving the Skrull, and we get the real Bobbi back at the end.

New Avengers Vol 1 52-Finale: Bobbi after returning from being held by the Skrulls.

New Avengers: The Reunion: This explains Bobbi's experiences among the Skrulls and what she's doing now that she's back.

Hawkeye & Mockingbird: Sort of a continuation of The Reunion, but also a great storyline that brings back the Phantom Rider.

New Avengers Vol 2 9-14: Although Bobbi's a regular character, this is the story of how she becomes a super soldier, so I highly recommend it.

Secret Avengers Vol 2: 2-16. Bobbi's most recent appearances.

The bolded ones are the ones I particularly recommend.

If you can get hold of Avengers: Hawkeye, the trade contains the Hawkeye miniseries where Bobbi really becomes a major player in the MU, as well as the single story where she's the Huntress, and Marvel Super Action 95, her first appearance as Mockingbird.

Hope this helps!
    Thank you so much. That helps a lot. I think I might look into Secret Avengers vol 2, is that a good book for Bobbi? I like the look of it since it's quite recent and easy to get a hold of, also Black Widow is in it as well.

I also was interested in New Avengers. How big a character is Bobbi in that? I know she's introduced later on but is she in it quite a bit after being introduced?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
    This is such great news. I was hoping for this after it was mentioned that elements of the previously in production Mockingbird TV show would make it into Agents of SHIELD, but I had half assumed that that was Simmons.

I don't watch AoS. But ever since the show was announced I wondered why they didn't just use some of the more minor characters from the Marvel stable of characters. I agree with everyone that this show is perfect for her. I am really curious as to who they will cast in the role.