Page 52 of 122 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think it should be about HER really, and that may be one of their mistakes. Hunter can be an important regular character(like Trish on Jessica), but there's no need to be the focus too.
    Agreed. It's frustrating to see her alqays paired with him when she deserves a single spotlight and frankly both are better without each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    Agreed. It's frustrating to see her alqays paired with him when she deserves a single spotlight and frankly both are better without each other.
    I think that is one of the most refreshing things about Bobbi's current book. For almost her entire character history, she's been half of a pair. Hawkingbird... Huntingbird... Ka-zingbird?

So Marvel made one of their "Marvel 101" videos for Mockingbird: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmMKreNf8oc

I like that it never mentions Hawkeye, but it bugs me that it doesn't mention that she's a scientist.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I'll read it!

... surely the two of us are enough, right?
    But of course!
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

I kinda hate they used such an outdated image and costume for the pic, but anyway
    These videos aren't really that informative, but they're kinda cool to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I think that is one of the most refreshing things about Bobbi's current book. For almost her entire character history, she's been half of a pair. Hawkingbird... Huntingbird... Ka-zingbird?
    Definitely. We're finally getting to see Bobbi on her own for once.

Preview for issue #4 out next week!

Art looks especially great and we're back to the mysterious science-ey stuff.

Awesome!!!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Ah ha. The antelopes dying had been mentioned in the background in all three issues so far, I think. I love how this is all finally coming together.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

So, I'm a huge Mockingbird fan, and she is my favorite Marvel character outside of the X-Men. I absolutely loved today's issue. I thought it was much stronger than the previous one and tied into the overall story line much better. Cain does a wonderful job with the Mockingbird and Hawkeye dynamic, and I loved seeing the flashbacks to them getting counseling. It really made me miss them being a couple.

^ Agreed, very strong issue!

The dialogue and interaction is so sharp and charming.
    Last edited by Muffin Crud; 06-29-2016 at 02:21 PM.

Yeah, I liked this issue more than issue 3— I like that it at least feels like we're moving towards figuring out Bobbi's mystery disease, even if I still don't know what the heck is going on there. Bobbi's voice in this series is always charming, and I really like the art even if it's a bit stiff in some of the action scenes. It sets a really fun tone that matches Cain's humor, and the outfits are great.
    FYBW: my Black Widow blog.

Yeah. Last issue wasn't the strongest, but this one feels like a return to form.

I like that all of the threads seem like they're finally coming together. I was wondering how all of the background mentions of antelopes dying could possibly factor into all of this. I love that this book uses actual science!

... I also like that Bobbi isn't a perfect hero, too. Some of her behavior's a little twisted sometimes... and it makes for an interesting story. (Though it did also imply that this bug is having some effect on her behavior and she's at least nominally aware of that.)

It was a strong issue, I loved her interactions with Clint and it was fun how she infiltrated in "T.I.M.'s" secret base, it was fun how the current A.I.M situation was adressed in this issue xdd

I loved everything about this issue - and I can't help but wonder if the infinity formula and super soldier serum she was injected with is keeping that disease at bay?

I liked what she wrote about Joe Caramanga in the letters page of this issue. I saw him at a con a few months ago and he mentioned off handedly that he had to do a lot more work for this book than any other.

It's been 4 issues now but I am still completely tickled by the paper dolls at the back of each issue.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast