Page 56 of 122 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Mockingbird #8 is officially in the October solicits. We're not dead yet!

(Over the weekend I had the revelation that W.C.A. from McCann's run can stand for both World Counterterrorism Agency AND West Coast Avengers. Then I felt really dumb for not realizing that like 3 years ago.)
    Ha, I only picked up on it after reading a wiki entry.

really hope we see them again or at least the cast.

also I love that 8 cover. It's definitely gonna anger a certain subset of nerds online, though. :P

And our first arc is over. I love this book.

spoilers:

- Poor Miles Morales. Chicken pox. It seems to be going around. The family Jones-Cage was in the waiting room with a similar affliction in an earlier issue.
    - It must be hard being a duck.
    - I loved that her final decision was to let the virus finish its life-cycle rather than cure it. We're so used to seeing these heroes always try to "fix" things - so this was unexpected for me.
    - I also love the concept of a virus with superpowers. As things evolve and develop more and more superpowered mutations - why should that idea be limited to just humans?
    end of spoilers

One of the things I still enjoy the most is how Cain has made it so clear that Bobbi's brain just does not operate like a normal person's. Her priorities are not necessarily always "heroic"... often they're scientific, or just based in some twisted Bobbi-logic. This is also accentuated by the fact that she's been established as an unreliable narrator. It definitely makes her interesting and unique.

I've often wondered if Marvel had introduced Bobbi in Avengers: Age of Ultron (and not Clint's "family")
    that it would've drawn more people to her book.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I have to say that this was a great ending to this first arc, and was perhaps, my favorite as well. Loved so much about this issue. Some great action, funny dialogue, and a unexpected, but awesome team-up. Cain really hones in on the scientific aspects of Bobbi, and I love seeing that. I think its safe to say, that after this issue, Bobbi would definitely be scoring a high number on the sarcasm chart.

"What's that smell?"

"My withering disdain."

the few panels I've seen are hilarious. I need this ASAP.

Well this is disparaging news: http://www.newsarama.com/30439-repor...ne-series.html

I loved Palicki as Bobbi. Probably won't watch AoS without her.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Unfortunate :/

I'll keep watching... but I know I won't enjoy it as much. I liked the show ok before Bobbi and Hunter showed up. After... I loved it. I'll just keep my fingers crossed for a guest appearance, at least.

Good for Palicki though. It felt like she and Nick Blood kind of got screwed over by ABC.

this just makes the spinoff not going through and the MCU not using her even more infuriating

Adrianne as Bobbi is such perfect casting. Stop wasting her!

I still can't believe that thousands of original characters are on the show since ever while Bobbi, a superhero from the comics, gets screwed up like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I still can't believe that thousands of original characters are on the show since ever while Bobbi, a superhero from the comics, gets screwed up like that.
    And Palicki was arguably one of the biggest stars in that cast too. Only Clark Gregg and Ming-Na really had deeper resumes... but they've both been in the biz for 20 years longer.

In a different version of the universe, she could have been Gamora instead of Zoe Saldana.

Astonishing Member

This may not be the end of Bobbi on AOS though. The new show that Adrienne Palicki has signed on for has a much shorter season than AOS--so it is possible that she could still do both shows. The AOS cast is large enough that not all of the series regulars are in every episode anyway--Ward drifted in and out after he was outed as a Hydra agent; Lincoln also drifted in and out in the first half of last season, Simmons missed an episode or two while she was stranded on the alien planet, etc.

Bobbi is the victim of gradual disconnection between Marvel Studios and Marvel TV. On the other hand, as Marvel TV claimed they had a white list of characters to choose from given by Marvel Studios, Marvel Studios may not have much interest in her to begin with. I thought she could have been a perfect member to launch West Coast Avengers, filling Black Widow's quota.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Random point of trivia:

Bobbi was name-dropped or referenced in some form in every single episode following her departure, except for one.

I too really liked Bobbi's decision at the end of the last issue. It doesn't seem like a particularly good one, though!!
    FYBW: my Black Widow blog.