Page 72 of 122 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1828
    BANNED

Happy Birthday Bob Hall!!!

Hawkeye & Mockingbird commission by Bob Hall
    http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....hday_bob_hall/

THE UNSTOPPABLE WASP #1
    •JEREMY WHITLEY (W) • ELSA CHARRETIER (A)
    •Cover by ELSA CHARRETIER
    •Variant Cover by ELIZABETH TORQUE
    •Young Variant Cover by SKOTTIE YOUNG
    •HIP-HOP VARIANT COVER BY NELSON BLAKE II
    •Action Figure Variant Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    •MOVIE VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
    •BLANK COVER VARIANT ALSO AVAILABLE
    •Girl. Genius. Hero. Unstoppable. Nadia spent the entire first half of her life a captive of The Red Room, but now this teenage super-scientist is on her own for the first time, and she’s ready to spread her wings! Hank Pym’s daughter has a lot of time to make up for and she’s determined to change the world. You know, if she can get her U.S. citizenship first. Guest-starring Ms. Marvel and Mockingbird!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    THE UNSTOPPABLE WASP #1
    •JEREMY WHITLEY (W) • ELSA CHARRETIER (A)
    •Cover by ELSA CHARRETIER
    •Variant Cover by ELIZABETH TORQUE
    •Young Variant Cover by SKOTTIE YOUNG
    •HIP-HOP VARIANT COVER BY NELSON BLAKE II
    •Action Figure Variant Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    •MOVIE VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
    •BLANK COVER VARIANT ALSO AVAILABLE
    •Girl. Genius. Hero. Unstoppable. Nadia spent the entire first half of her life a captive of The Red Room, but now this teenage super-scientist is on her own for the first time, and she’s ready to spread her wings! Hank Pym’s daughter has a lot of time to make up for and she’s determined to change the world. You know, if she can get her U.S. citizenship first. Guest-starring Ms. Marvel and Mockingbird!
    Was already stoked for Wasp and now even more so!

Same here, my friend.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Just finished issue 8, overall I'm kinda disappointed. There wasn't really a resolution to the whole power storyline (why hasn't she used these powers that she wanted to keep?), I feel like too many pages were spent on silly nonsense instead of telling a story.

It is the unfortunate thing when a book gets cancelled quickly - you don't get to finish telling the story you wanted. This issue definitely did not feel like a series finale... just a book that was cut off a bit too soon. )And yeah... there was a lot of weird stuff packed into the pages on this one.)

Overall though... I loved this series. I will be mourning its end for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    It is the unfortunate thing when a book gets cancelled quickly - you don't get to finish telling the story you wanted. This issue definitely did not feel like a series finale... just a book that was cut off a bit too soon. )And yeah... there was a lot of weird stuff packed into the pages on this one.)

Overall though... I loved this series. I will be mourning its end for a long time.
    On twitter, the writer said she knew for months, so I'm not sure why this doesn't feel like a finale. It is weird that the first arc focused on her gaining powers against her will, then she keeps them and never uses them again or mentions them. The way she 'dealt' with Phantom Rider was super disapointing and laughable... I don't know, I was excited for this issue to wrap up storylines and it really failed. It felt like the writer just wanted to throw in a bunch of nonsense into the issue for fun (full page chart, mercorgies, role playing etc)

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Eh, this issue was just okay. I was expecting a little more, but I did enjoy some of it. I didn't like the cheating thing personally, I feel like it takes away a lot of the justification Bobbi had for her actions against Phantom Rider. I did enjoy the end though.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Eh, this issue was just okay. I was expecting a little more, but I did enjoy some of it. I didn't like the cheating thing personally, I feel like it takes away a lot of the justification Bobbi had for her actions against Phantom Rider. I did enjoy the end though.
    It was a bit awkward.

My hope is that what she was trying to say was that Clint believed Bobbi cheated and didn't really believe she'd let herself be controlled... rather than she actually cheated.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

So the short lived series goes out with a whimper?
    Can't say I'm surprised, I've felt it was a disappointment the whole time.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

It was a bit awkward.

My hope is that what she was trying to say was that Clint believed Bobbi cheated and didn't really believe she'd let herself be controlled... rather than she actually cheated.
    That's how I took it as well and severely hope was the intention...

I adore Cain's writing and voice for Bobbi but there's this underlining feeling of this run being compromised and rushed. I mean, as I've said before, exploring Bobbi's virus power could have (and should have) been the focus for a lot longer and we still don't really know what it is, what it does or what it's capable of

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

It was a bit awkward.

That is what I will be hoping for as well. Overall, I did really enjoy this series, but I think like a lot of good titles, I think it got cancelled before the writer really could touch on all the things they wanted to address. Oh, I forgot to mention how wonderful the art was in this issue. I thought it was some of the artists best work personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    That is what I will be hoping for as well. Overall, I did really enjoy this series, but I think like a lot of good titles, I think it got cancelled before the writer really could touch on all the things they wanted to address. Oh, I forgot to mention how wonderful the art was in this issue. I thought it was some of the artists best work personally.
    Niemczyk did such a great job! She's already improved so much from issue #1, I can't wait to see what she does next.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So the short lived series goes out with a whimper?
    Can't say I'm surprised, I've felt it was a disappointment the whole time.
    I thought that this (CW II Tie-In) issue was alright.......still wished that there'll be more adventures of Bobbi to be told though.

Unfortunately I never felt this series lived up to the on--SHIELD one-shot. Cain really had a good handle on Bobbi throughout but the series was just too goofy for me, especially this final issue. I'm not sure if part of the reason was the change from a stonger artist like Joelle Jones to Kate Niemczyk whose style was more cartoonish or if Cain just had a lighter, siller tone in mind for the series. I'm really glad, though, that Marvel gave this a shot and hope Bobbi gets a prominent role in another series, not just a supporting one like in Agents of SHIELD.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers