View Poll Results: What Decade Are They In?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scott is in his 20s

14 13.86%
  • Scott is in his 30s

62 61.39%
  • Scott is in his 40s

17 16.83%
  • Emma is in her "20s"

8 7.92%
  • Emma is in her "30s"

46 45.54%
  • Emma is in her "40s"

18 17.82%
  • Emma is in her "50s"

6 5.94%
  • Emma is in her "60s"

3 2.97%
  • Emma is in her "70s"

12 11.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    You can believe Cyclops is 25, or that he's 40. There is no right or wrong answer and Marvel will never definitively say.
    Marvel was pretty definitive this week about Peter Parker. They placed the spider-bite at thirteen years ago, and he's said many times that he was 15 when he started being Spider-Man. Simple arithmetic works the same in the MU, so there you have it.

The relevance to Cyclops being that it remains the case that Cyclops and the O5 had their first mission against Magneto at Cape Citadel some time after Parker debuted as Spider-Man, and Scott was ~16-17 at the time.

Emma I always figured as being somewhat older, for a lot of the reasons others have cited, and having her be the same age or younger than Scott seems like a bit of a retcon and/or her straight out lying about her age. But Scott is 28-29, 30 on the outside, and can never be much older than that lest it become clear that Peter Parker must likewise have finished out his third decade.
    Last edited by vitruvian; 05-02-2014 at 06:36 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Marvel was pretty definitive this week about Peter Parker. They placed the spider-bite at thirteen years ago, and he's said many times that he was 15 when he started being Spider-Man. Simple arithmetic works the same in the MU, so there you have it.

The relevance to Cyclops being that it remains the case that Cyclops and the O5 had their first mission against Magneto at Cape Citadel some time after Parker debuted as Spider-Man, and Scott was ~16-17 at the time.
    We don't know how long it takes 616 earth to orbit around the sun. Let us know what issue they specified that in.

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    We don't know how long it takes 616 earth to orbit around the sun. Let us know what issue they specified that in.
    Actually, there have been a fair number of issues of different titles mentioning 365 days, 24 hours, etc. Of course, I guess I can't confirm for you that their seconds are the same length as ours ;-)

But even if they're different, his age is what it is in MU years as I've stated, and there's no consistent extra aging of characters across the board, which would be required by your implicit theory there.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Of course not. The O6, the Avengers and the ANAD squad are in their thirties/early forties.

BANNED

Actually, there have been a fair number of issues of different titles mentioning 365 days, 24 hours, etc. Of course, I guess I can't confirm for you that their seconds are the same length as ours ;-)

But even if they're different, his age is what it is in MU years as I've stated, and there's no consistent extra aging of characters across the board, which would be required by your implicit theory there.
    We don't know how long their days and weeks are.

BANNED

wait why does this IdaqiBeauty poster sound more like darknessatnoon than Darknessatnoon?

*Suspicious Fry pic*

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The High Priestess View Post
    wait why does this IdaqiBeauty poster sound more like darknessatnoon than Darknessatnoon?

*Suspicious Fry pic*
    You can speak directly to me if you have a question.

We don't know how long their days and weeks are.
    Yes, we do. 24 hours, 7 days. Not going to go find you scans, but both have been mentioned dozens of times in Marvel comics, if not more.

And like I said, even if you were right, it wouldn't matter to the answer to the question one whit. Scott is around 29 years old in MU Earth years, give or take, and that's true (right now, given what Marvel has chosen to print and publish) regardless of whether those years are longer or shorter than real world years.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roguelocke View Post
    Lol "I'm only 27". Bye Felicia you are 45.
    U know Mama be lying. Still got mofo thinking she was twenty two when she taught the Hellions. I love Emma, but girl U know you are pushing sixty.
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

BANNED

You can speak directly to me if you have a question.
    I don't think outright confrontation is allowed anymore, the rules are quite sketchy

BANNED

Yes, we do. 24 hours, 7 days. Not going to go find you scans, but both have been mentioned dozens of times in Marvel comics, if not more.

And like I said, even if you were right, it wouldn't matter to the answer to the question one whit. Scott is around 29 years old in MU Earth years, give or take, and that's true (right now, given what Marvel has chosen to print and publish) regardless of whether those years are longer or shorter than real world years.
    If 29 MU years = 47 real years, it only proves my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    U know Mama be lying. Still got mofo thinking she was twenty two when she taught the Hellions. I love Emma, but girl U know you are pushing sixty.
    QFT

I think Iceman and Spider-Man are both 30 so I believe Scott is older than both

If 29 MU years = 47 real years, it only proves my point.
    Nope. First off, it doesn't, or at the very least we have no reason to think so, since there's no general effect where MU humans look more than 1.5 times the age of their stated chronological age. Teenagers don't look like adults in their mid twenties (that's television shows ;-)), and 29-30 year olds don't look like folks in their late forties to early fifties... except evidently under the pen of certain artists that either didn't get the sliding timeline memo or draw everybody with lined faces.

And secondly, even if that were true, the answer to 'how many years old is Cyclops' can only meaningfully be given in MU years, with our years being irrelevant unless you're asking the entirely different question of 'how long has the fictional character Cyclops been published in comics', by which standard the answer now is 51 years, but note that the answer in 1964 would have been that he was one year 'old' in terms of publication time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I think Iceman and Spider-Man are both 30 so I believe Scott is older than both
    Do you get 30 from 15+13, or are you saying that Slott lied this week?

Do you get 30 from 15+13, or are you saying that Slott lied this week?
    Oh, I don't know what Slott said and I said "I think", it was just an estimated guess