Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmazingSpiderFan View Post
    This is a really tricky question, and depends heavily on what you mean by "beat" and "straight up fight." I'm going to assume by "beaten" we mean "temporarily disabled or demoralize to the point where conflict ends," and not "kill forever, with no possibility of reprisal." And by "straight up fight," I'm going to assume we mean a street fight in which both heroes enter the battlefield from the one end of one city block, and battle each other on the actual street. Thus cars, pedestrians, streetlamps, etc. are all possibilities. Given those understandings, I'd give the following characters the following odds of defeating Cap in a fight:

Character Odds Notes
    Iron Fist 1:1 Outmatches Captain America in HTH fighting skills. Shield nullifies "Iron Fist" power.
    Shang Chi 2:1 Outmatches Captain America in HTH fighting skills. Lacks superhuman endurance and strength.
    Daredevil 2:1 Effectively matched in HTH skill, DD's superhuman senses aren't a match for Cap's superhuman strength and endurance.
    Wolverine 4:1 Outmatched in fighting skill and strength. Wolverine is a berserker, exactly the sort of foe Cap excels against.
    Spider-Man 5:1 Outmatched in fighting skill, easily demoralized. Experience will win out here.
    Deadpool 8:1 Basically Wolverine without the willpower to stay in the fight. Will fold like a cheap suit.
    Luke Cage 8:1 Vulnerable to pressure point attacks, poor HTH skills (overrelies on raw power).
    Punisher 10:1 Hopelessly outclassed.

So I give Iron Fist the best chance at taking down Captain America, but really these are all heavily weighted towards Cap because whie Cap might be "street level" himself, he's used to punching way, way above his weight class and dealing with foes that are far more powerful than he is. Matched against other street fighters, Cap's superior tactics, mastery of all combat styles, vast experience, and peak-human capabilities are going to wipe the floor with a lot of these guys.

And yes, yes, I know, Cap can't ultimately defeat Wolverine or Deadpool due to their healing factors, but again, this isn't a battle to the death, it's a street fight, and while neither of them can die, they're both more than capable of having their bell rung hard enough for Cap to claim victory.
    Defeated is defeated. Knocked out, beat, stopped.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    To me, characters like Cage and Jessica should not be considered in this question because while they are street level characters, they have super strength on par with Spider-Man. A better question would be 'What martial artist could beat Captain America?'
    Super strength or not, they can't stop Exodus so they are street characters and Cap, Batman types face super strength street level all the time. Rhino, Venom, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Nah..Cap is not messing with Sinister, Apocalypse, Magneto, or Doom in his solo. He's on the Avengers team backed up by heavy hitters,like Strange, Thor, and Iron Man. They never have Cap stop Ultron or Juggernaut...not gonna happen.
    In terms of raw power no Cap can’t hang. But the combination of his skills and his startegic mind places him a higher category that what his “powers” would suggest.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    In terms of raw power no Cap can’t hang. But the combination of his skills and his startegic mind places him a higher category that what his “powers” would suggest.
    Well..Batman too but he's street level and that's that. The gimmick is that Steve Rogers is such a great tactician he can lead all these ultra powerful characters.

Spider-Woman (If she counts)

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Daredevil - pretty even but Cap would have the edge
    Shang Chi - edge goes to Shang Chi here
    Iron Fist - could take Cap
    Luke Cage - superstrong but Cap is the better fighter
    Jessica Jones - same as Luke
    Bullseye - Cap take him easy as long as he stay in close range so Bullseye can't throw anything at him
    Electra - pretty even but the edge goes to Elektra
    Kingpin - Cap take him. Kingpin is strong but not a trained fighter like Cap is
    Deadpool - Cap would beat him but with his healing factor Wade would never stay down until he finally wore Cap out
    Taskmaster - one on one Cap would win in the end not matter how many skills TM has

Well..Batman too but he's street level and that's that. The gimmick is that Steve Rogers is such a great tactician he can lead all these ultra powerful characters.
    Yeah Batman is actually street level because he fights street crime on the regular. But power teir wise I would place him Mid Tier for the simple fact that his tech and intellegence allows him to stand up to villains with actual super powers.

Again, Steve wouldn’t be street level because on a regular bases Steve does not deal with “street level crime”. Steve fights military organzations, spy networks, and terroist on the regular. Which would place him in another category all together.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Yeah Batman is actually street level because he fights street crime on the regular. But power teir wise I would place him Mid Tier for the simple fact that his tech and intellegence allows him to stand up to villains with actual super powers.

Again, Steve wouldn’t be street level because on a regular bases Steve does not deal with “street level crime”. Steve fights military organzations, spy networks, and terroist on the regular. Which would place him in another category all together.
    Batman is in the justice league.

With shield or without shield?

Peace

I see a lot of people saying that Cap is merely top human level. Not exactly. He is peak human potential. Which means as strong and as fast as a human could potentially (there's that key word) get. That means that most of the top athletes of the MU really can't hold a candle to him. (It also menas that, as good as Batman is, and he is always the man with the plan, I don't think that he can beat Steve straight hand to hand. Not without one of his famous contingency plans.) Read Streets of Blood and you'll see that the serum gives Steve one more edge, in the sense that he doesn't tire. The serum eliminates fatigue poisons from his system.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 02-27-2018 at 03:50 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

None of them, honestly. Unless Cap had a really, really bad day...which I guess is plausible. The dude could be sleepy.

Batman is in the justice league.
    Not sure what your point is?

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    To me, characters like Cage and Jessica should not be considered in this question because while they are street level characters, they have super strength on par with Spider-Man. A better question would be 'What martial artist could beat Captain America?'
    Well then,

Daredevil
    Electra
    Shang Chi
    Iron Fist(even without the Iron Fist)
    Deadpool
    Mantis(I don't think she has any physical powers?)

would definitely beat Cap.

BANNED

Black Panther, Taskmaster and Winter Soldier could all kick his ass. Especially given they likely wouldn't hold back to the extent Steve does.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

With the shield? Tough call. Without the shield? Quite a few, including some like Shang Chi repeatedly, even though he is not an enhanced human being or artificially bolstered to the "peak level of human capacity", whatever that means.