View Poll Results: How Would You Rate It?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • O - Outstanding

1 4.17%
  • E - Exceeds Expectations

4 16.67%
  • A - Acceptable

8 33.33%
  • P - Poor

1 4.17%
  • D - Dreadful

2 8.33%
  • T - Troll

0 0%
  • Did Not Watch

8 33.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It's Slott isn't it? Geez lol.

They could make **** like putting emphasis one each Spider's particular talents and power to separate them, but it doesn't seem like they'd think that far.

I'm curious how a team of characters with the same powers would work, didn't DC's Captain Marvel family worked together and they had all the same powers?
    Or the Superman Family. Granted, Kon-El/Conner Kent had his tactile telekinesis to set him apart, Lana Lang as Superwoman was able to manipulate electromagnetic radiation, and Steel (John Henry Irons or Natasha Irons) had the armor, but other than those three, they did have largely similar (or similarly manifesting) power-sets, and they were able to work together.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

They could make **** like putting emphasis one each Spider's particular talents and power to separate them, but it doesn't seem like they'd think that far.
    Well, most of the cast are just your general above-average super-scientist, though I guess Miles maybe specializes in robotics or machinery while Gwen is good at hacking (somehow), but in general when it comes to science everyone is pretty much the same.

Miles is also the only one who has powers different from Peters, like he does in the comics, though I'm not sure if they'll actually give Gwen and Anya different powers when they inevitably become Spiders again.
    I'm curious how a team of characters with the same powers would work, didn't DC's Captain Marvel family worked together and they had all the same powers?
    Well, the original Marvel Family was basically just three kids and a talking tiger, so I can't imagine it was that hard to manage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Oh god. You had to mention Deadpool. that episode where Deadpool guests stars was so bad that I think the writers intended to physically hurt me with it.
    I like Will Friedle but I don't think he should ever play Deadpool again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Or the Superman Family. Granted, Kon-El/Conner Kent had his tactile telekinesis to set him apart, Lana Lang as Superwoman was able to manipulate electromagnetic radiation, and Steel (John Henry Irons or Natasha Irons) had the armor, but other than those three, they did have largely similar (or similarly manifesting) power-sets, and they were able to work together.
    Even Ultimate Spider-Man in it's last season had a team of Spider-People, though more often then not Peter had to do things on his own so the team still felt kind of redundant...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Generaly Supes family act separatedly though, and I think when they team up it's either against a group (Like that story in Action Comics#983 and 984 where everyone from the Superman family (Minus Conner, not sure if he returned, but if he did, he hadn't at the time) fight the Superman Revenge Squad), or punching something together then they're in their separated ways again, this formula wouldn't really work if it's a comic about all of them together, that's the problem this Spidey cartoon has.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, most of the cast are just your general above-average super-scientist, though I guess Miles maybe specializes in robotics or machinery while Gwen is good at hacking (somehow), but in general when it comes to science everyone is pretty much the same.
    That just makes it complicated, geez... Best I can think of is Miles having a more advanced suit, but then he'd be a douchebag for not sharing how to do it with the others, Gwen hacking would probably make her into the Cyborg of the team (Because so many times in JL comics they need to hack something lol)

Miles is also the only one who has powers different from Peters, like he does in the comics, though I'm not sure if they'll actually give Gwen and Anya different powers when they inevitably become Spiders again.
    Yeah they could always try to separate the powers more, make some faster or stronger than others, one better at planning while another could be better at improvising, another could be better at crowd control, maybe using webs for it, and another could be better at one-on-one fights, thought that maybe Anya could have some of her original powers too but then again those were tied to magic... But anyways, by doing those things, giving them strengths and weaknesses, the characters could be put in situations where they shine and they struggle, so they can win easily in case it's something they're good at, struggle to win alone in something they're bad at, or win with help, or not win at all, and once those things are stabilished, there are a lot of ways to make use of them, so it could take a while for stories to get repetitive because of the different villains and situations, but again, I doubt they'd think that much.

Well, the original Marvel Family was basically just three kids and a talking tiger, so I can't imagine it was that hard to manage.
    How so? Because they're kids and would make more mistakes so a team would help out with that?

Yeah they could always try to separate the powers more, make some faster or stronger than others, one better at planning while another could be better at improvising, another could be better at crowd control, maybe using webs for it, and another could be better at one-on-one fights, thought that maybe Anya could have some of her original powers too but then again those were tied to magic... But anyways, by doing those things, giving them strengths and weaknesses, the characters could be put in situations where they shine and they struggle, so they can win easily in case it's something they're good at, struggle to win alone in something they're bad at, or win with help, or not win at all, and once those things are stabilished, there are a lot of ways to make use of them, so it could take a while for stories to get repetitive because of the different villains and situations, but again, I doubt they'd think that much.
    Then I'd just be thinking why we couldn't just have Peter go solo because he's generally good at all of this stuff on his own .
    How so? Because they're kids and would make more mistakes so a team would help out with that?
    Well, the Marvel Family was kind of just this fun, warm, family unit that just worked well together no matter what, even if it was obvious the Big Red Cheese was still the leading man of it all.

And three characters, I think, is fairly easy to manage and develop as far as focus and screentime go.

SM:TAS like all the other marvel 90s show aged like milk

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Then I'd just be thinking why we couldn't just have Peter go solo because he's generally good at all of this stuff on his own .
    Yeah, Peter would definitely have to be the jack of all trades, it's even what made him so strong in older comics, but let's say, if Miles ends up being better at one-on-one fights, maybe because of the Venom Blast, then he could be better at taking out single opponents, it's a gimmick, but it could work more or less, and having these kinds of gimmicks is needed for any sort of team, specialy a team which the characters have mostly the same powers, because if there are "specialized" characters, then situations like "Cool, Anya saved the day, but Peter/Miles/Gwen could've done exactly the same" are avoided.

Well, the Marvel Family was kind of just this fun, warm, family unit that just worked well together no matter what, even if it was obvious the Big Red Cheese was still the leading man of it all.

And three characters, I think, is fairly easy to manage and develop as far as focus and screentime go.
    Three characters with the same powers could be complicated though, lol, I'll have to read those comics to see how they handled it.

Mighty Member

I haven't watched it.
    I kinda feel like I am too old to watch it
    also..didn't want to see and hear Joe Quesada in it
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yeah, Peter would definitely have to be the jack of all trades, it's even what made him so strong in older comics, but let's say, if Miles ends up being better at one-on-one fights, maybe because of the Venom Blast, then he could be better at taking out single opponents, it's a gimmick, but it could work more or less, and having these kinds of gimmicks is needed for any sort of team, specialy a team which the characters have mostly the same powers, because if there are "specialized" characters, then situations like "Cool, Anya saved the day, but Peter/Miles/Gwen could've done exactly the same" are avoided.

Three characters with the same powers could be complicated though, lol, I'll have to read those comics to see how they handled it.
    It sounds kind of like Power Rangers (or Super Sentai), where the core cast has the same basic abilities, but different types of equipment/weapons and/or specialties.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by khairston99 View Post
    Sour and causes diarrhea?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by khairston99 View Post
    Yeah, I’d say none of Marvel’s cartoons from that era have aged well at all.

I’d say that the best era for Marvel animation was just before Disney bought it out. There was Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, and Wolverine & the X-Men. All had flaws sure, but they were very well created shows.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I watched the first couple of episodes today. I like the characters, but the plot is kind of weird at a lot of points. I mean Harry literally had a bomb in his backpack all casually. Also its hard getting past the character changes.