Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Omega Level still has meaning... But people use it as an excuse to wank there faves.
    It’s like the power levels to the X-Men’s Dragonball.

I have never taken that term seriously.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Seeing that we're talking about superhero comics written by dozens and dozens of writers, that's going to be impossible.

DO NOT TAKE THIS BAIT PEOPLE!
    No it's not bait its an honest question. Her omega level status hinged upon her being the Phoenix. Since she and the Phoenix have separated I'm not sure how you can make such a claim, especially when phoenixless Jean don't have the feats to back such a claim.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

To the question I don't see a problem with omega classification. Every character isn't the same in terms of power that's the name of the game. Doing away with the classification wouldn't prevent people from "wanking their faves." just look at DC characters for this.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-27-2018 at 10:03 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Is Jean Grey considered omega without the Phoenix?
    Her potential is centered on her hosting the Phoenix, hence Adult Jean could host the Phoenix because she was developed enough to do so while Jeen could not host the Phoenix without getting burned out.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Her potential is centered on her hosting the Phoenix, hence Adult Jean could host the Phoenix because she was developed enough to do so while Jeen could not host the Phoenix without getting burned out.
    So therefore she is still one because that potential is still there. Ok thank you for answering the question Rut

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This why Jean needs to be seperated from the phoenix for a long time. Everybody forgets she can do things with her own powers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Omega Level Mutants can lose fights Y’know. And being an Omega lvl Mutant doesn’t make you better than the rest(at least I don’t think so).

The Label “Omega Level Mutant” is exactly what it is....a label. It no longer holds weight as it used to when it was first introduced.
    Even when it was first introduced, I knew it would only be a matter of time before it was rendered meaningless when Marvel decided to label Iceman as an omega mutant. His powerset doesn't work to make him one going by what it was supposed to mean at the time. Sersiously? I have said this several times on these boards, but there needs to be two classes above omega: Omega Plus as the tier above and Cosmic as the highest classification.

In the Cosmic class, characters like Storm, Legion, Franklin Richards, and Selene should fit that.

In the Omega Plus class, that should be for people like Scarlet Witch and Mad Jim Jaspers.

In the Omega class, they should place Jean Grey, Emma Frost, Xavier, Magneto, Polaris, Bishop, Darwin, etc.

In the Alpha Mutant class, characters like Cyclops, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Banshee (he should be at the very top of this group at the border between this class and Omega), etc.

The Cosmic class should be characters who have the potential to wield power in the category with people like Galactus, Eternity, etc. when they reach to full expression of the height of their mutation.

The Omega Plus class should be characters who, when they reach their full potential, they are stronger than Omega, but will never wield power to match the cosmic abstract entities (though they can fight Heralds and maybe even Thanos).

The Omega Class should be characters who are simply too strong to be compared with the likes of Cyclops and Wolverine. I mean, really? It doesn't make sense to put people like Emma, Jean, Magneto, and Xavier in the same powerclass as somebody like Cyclops.

I put Jean in this Omega Class because hosting the Phoenix Force is no longer something unique to a mere handful of characters. Anybody can do it with Jean being the most suitable host. Also, the power is coming from an external source.
    Last edited by rutog98; 02-27-2018 at 10:14 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    This why Jean needs to be seperated from the phoenix for a long time. Everybody forgets she can do things with her own powers.
    She can do things with her own powers, yes, but nowhere near what she can do when she hosts the Phoenix Force. Without the PF, a ton of other psis out there can overpower her.

Astonishing Member

the way I see it Omega Mutants are those who can destroy Earth or life on earth, by themselves, without the help of any other person or any technology.
    It means highest threat level possible

It includes most mutants who can alter reality, but also people like Iceman who can cause an Ice Age, Xorn who can destroy the planet (and the solar system) with his black hole, Elixir if he goes evil with his resurrection and killing powers etc

Omega telepaths aren't omega mutants. Omega telepath just means something like "black belt at telepathy". Complete mastery of that skill.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Even when it was first introduced, I knew it would only be a matter of time before it was rendered meaningless when Marvel decided to label Iceman as an omega mutant. His powerset doesn't work to make him one going by what it was supposed to mean at the time. Sersiously? I have said this several times on these boards, but there needs to be two classes above omega: Omega Plus as the tier above and Cosmic as the highest tier.

In the Cosmic class, characters like Storm, Legion, Franklin Richards, and Selene should fit that.

In the Omega Plus class, that should be for people like Scarlet Witch and Mad Jim Jaspers.

In the Omega class, they should place Jean Grey, Emma Frost, Xavier, Magneto, Polaris, Bishop, Darwin, etc.

In the Alpha Mutant class, characters like Cyclops, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Banshee (he should be at the very top of this group at the border between this class and Omega), etc.

The Cosmic class should be characters who have the potential to wield power in the category with people like Galactus, Eternity, etc. when they reach to full expression of the height of their mutation.

The Omega Plus class should be characters who, when they reach their full potential, they are stronger than Omega, but will never wield power to match the cosmic abstract entities (though they can fight Heralds and maybe even Thanos).

The Omega Class should be characters who are simply too strong to be compared with the likes of Cyclops and Wolverine. I mean, really? It doesn't make sense to put people like Emma, Jean, Magneto, and Xavier in the same powerclass as somebody like Cyclops.

I put Jean in this Omega Class because hosting the Phoenix Force is no longer something unique to a mere handful of characters. Anybody can do it with Jean being the most suitable host. Also, the power is coming from an external source.
    I understand where your coming from. For ME. It means nothing calling Storm, Magneto, Iceman, Jean etc Omega's or Possible omega's is nothing, but a label to give an excuse to their overlapping power whatever you may call it. It's like they are handing out Omega Level Cards to mutants they don't care to flush out or develop or they simply not interested in explaining.

Omega's and Possible Omega's, Alpha's they are ALL powerful. To me it's nothing, but a label does that mean Omega lvl character A beats Beta lvl Character B? Some cases yes and some NO. Anyway, I don't care too much for it........

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    That's what I thought as well.

Same.

We all know what Omega means whether or not they've started to overuse the term. Mutants whose powers have unlimited potential or are God-like, of whom there are only a handful.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It's selective memory, NXM as well as X-men Forever Vol. (1) undoubtedly established that Jean Grey was an Omega Level mutant with or without the Phoenix Force before the term was even popular, those who feign ignorance do so because they choose so. Just as the moment a writer mentions their favorite as having the "potential" to be an Omega they run with it as fact...

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    It's selective memory, NXM as well as X-men Forever Vol. (1) undoubtedly established that Jean Grey was an Omega Level mutant with or without the Phoenix Force before the term was even popular, those who feign ignorance do so because they choose so. Just as the moment a writer mentions their favorite as having the "potential" to be an Omega they run with it as fact...
    I didn't know xmen forever was canon?????

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post

Jean's full potential was always to be host to the Phoenix Force since the retcon where the PF was separate from Jean.
    Last edited by rutog98; 02-27-2018 at 11:12 AM.