Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

"We" should make a definitive list of who is and isn't omega level. I'll start with a few New X-Men. Rockslide, Dust, Elixir, and Mercury are all Omega.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I didn't know xmen forever was canon?????
    The thing is, though, it doesn't say what Celestialbodies is saying. Also, during Morrison's run on New X-Men, it was clearly established that Jean Grey was possessed by the Phoenix Force. He even stated it in an interview.

Many Jean fans keep trying to find a way around the retcon where the Phoenix Force was made into something separate from Jean where it cloned her body while leaving her at the bottom of a bay in a healing cocoon because they want to go with the original Jean is the Phoenix storyline. They are always trying to read things about Jean and the Phoenix with the intent of interpreting the stories in a way that says the Phoenix Force is not a being unique from, but is merely something she created with her mind, or other such theories. What they are trying to do simply doesn't work. Jean and the PF are clearly two separate beings and Jean's potential is to be able to merge with it as its most suitable host.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkblue View Post
    "We" should make a definitive list of who is and isn't omega level. I'll start with a few New X-Men. Rockslide, Dust, Elixir, and Mercury are all Omega.
    That will not work. Too many opinions on WHO should be and WHO shouldn't be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    That will not work. Too many opinions on WHO should be and WHO shouldn't be.
    You beat me to it. Even Marvel has a convoluted concept of what an omega mutant is.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Is Jean Grey considered omega without the Phoenix?
    Yes. She and Bobby were the first official Omega mutants, I think. In the X-Men Forever limited series, by Nicieza, it was revealed that Xavier quite early on gave Jean and Bobby the label Omega mutants.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    You beat me to it. Even Marvel has a convoluted concept of what an omega mutant is.
    Yeah, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by darkblue View Post
    Thereby immediately leading to the shitstorm I referred to earlier.

This isn’t reasonably possible, as we would first need to definitively define the criteria for “Omega Level” classification, and X-fans are simply never gonna agree on that. Hell, even Marvel hasn’t been able to do that.
    Last edited by Dementia5; 02-27-2018 at 11:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Yes. She and Bobby were the first official Omega mutants, I think. In the X-Men Forever limited series, by Nicieza, it was revealed that Xavier quite early on gave Jean and Bobby the label Omega mutants.
    I think Rachel was the first confirmed omega.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    This why Jean needs to be seperated from the phoenix for a long time. Everybody forgets she can do things with her own powers.
    My favourite Jean is the Non Phoenix Jean.
    One of the reasons I can only stomach her without the phoenix, and why in the old cartoon she seemed "weak" to people when she wasn't phoenix powered. She had other issues though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Omega-level only works if the writers/editors actually cooperated on the term but as each writer kept pushing for their pet characters, every Tom, Dick and Harry became an Omega. It's similar to "mutant whose power/threat rivals the Phoenix" nonsense.
    THIS is what kills me. It's kinda like how when "No more mutants" got said, miraculously it was mainly the X-folks that got saved.

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    When the term was first introduced it just meant unlimited potential, not necessarily meaning that a character reached that level or even ever will, just that they had the potential as there were no limitations on their power. As the years passed different writers just decided that it just meant 'really powerful' and threw the term around until it became meaningless.
    Agreed with this all.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Venom.

Also the Queen of England.
    Facts..

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Sorry but nobody can stop the xmen fans from doing/talking just anything.
    FACTS lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Who's 'we'?
    That ambiguous "WE" is me and the responders on these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Is this just because Psylocke isn't omega?
    No, they keep "TRYING" to insist she's Omega, but it's annoying. I'd rather her NOT be Omega related anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Oh honey, it’s the opposite. Which makes this all the more puzzling because I don’t think I’ve heard anyone refer to her as having omega level anything in ages.
    All the this! It's good they stop referring to her as the third, 2nd or 11ty billionth most powerful Telepath also.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Wait a second, to answer Butterflykyss's question, the term omega mutant referred to the power levels a character would wield when they reach the full potential of their mutation. Jean's potential hinged on her hosting the PF. She would not hit those power levels without being possessed by the cosmic entity itself.

Also, you are right: Bobby and Jean were the first classified as omega mutants though other characters fit the definition of that class of mutant as it was originally defined better than either of those two. (Iceman should have never been one, to be honest. His powerset simply isn't that good to put him there under the original definition of the power class.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    the way I see it Omega Mutants are those who can destroy Earth or life on earth, by themselves, without the help of any other person or any technology.
    It means highest threat level possible

It includes most mutants who can alter reality, but also people like Iceman who can cause an Ice Age, Xorn who can destroy the planet (and the solar system) with his black hole, Elixir if he goes evil with his resurrection and killing powers etc

Omega telepaths aren't omega mutants. Omega telepath just means something like "black belt at telepathy". Complete mastery of that skill.
    Why does it always have to be destroy? Why not alter the world to their liking though?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Why does it always have to be destroy? Why not alter the world to their liking though?
    A matter of perspective - one person’s utopia is another person’s hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Jean being omega has nothing to do with the Phoenix force. There's no such thing as that. The Omega term is about the power level of someone's mutation and that only, the Phoenix is a separate cosmic entity that has nothing to do with that. It was because of Jean's powers that the Phoenix first got interested on her and then saved her when she called on the shuffle to beigin with.

Astonishing Member

I would argue that changing reality into something you like IS destroying reality

Omega mutants should be those who are potentially a threat to life on earth or to reality, just from their powers.

Also, in Hickman's New Avengers, those minions of Thanos (Corvus Glaive etc) attack the Jean Grey school, and they confirm that Iceman is the only Omega mutant in a group that included Rachel, Storm, Wolverine and Beast.
    IIRC, they refer to Iceman as Omega mutate, to Storm as elemental, and to Wolverine as eternal man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I would argue that changing reality into something you like IS destroying reality

Omega mutants should be those who are potentially a threat to life on earth or to reality, just from their powers.

Also, in Hickman's New Avengers, those minions of Thanos (Corvus Glaive etc) attack the Jean Grey school, and they confirm that Iceman is the only Omega mutant in a group that included Rachel, Storm, Wolverine and Beast.
    IIRC, they refer to Iceman as Omega mutate, to Storm as elemental, and to Wolverine as eternal man.
    That's not true. He said Mutates "s" Plural more than 1. If he truly meant Iceman he would said that and made himself clearer. Again Marvel or should I say writers have their own pool of who are Omega's and who are not.