Default Hellboy and the BPRD: 1955--Burning Season

I am surprised there is no talk about this book. Came out last week. A really well done single issue story with outstanding art by the Rivera team, son and father.
    A haunting caused buy the accumulated atrocities against the native population added a sobering element.
    And those retro 50s dinosaur statues were just plain cool.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Yeah, I really enjoyed this one. I feel like Roberson suddenly got a better feel for Hellboy's voice in this issue, especially in those final scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Yeah, I really enjoyed this one. I feel like Roberson suddenly got a better feel for Hellboy's voice in this issue, especially in those final scenes.
    Thanks for the link midden, I grew up in Miami but never heard of Bongoland. Loved seeing pics of the real statues.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I liked the character beats, and the history was cool but the over all plot felt way too similar to Drums of the Dead.