Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Marvel Cinematic Universe Appreciation Thread

We don't have one of these yet?

Looks like MCU just passed 14 billion worldwide. Wow...

http://therealstanlee.com/the-marvel...he-box-office/

Folks, I appreciate but am not not have I ever been a huge fan of the Avengers or really anyone except the X-Men...but these movies have been so entertaining and just...good that I cannot wait to see how Feige handles the X-Men. I think it's been proven that MCU can be serious when needed and also put out humor and solid action backed by consistently good stories that come together and make sense as a whole.

I'd like for this thread to be an appreciation to the MCU. I know there are those that dislike it and will make that known but all I ask is that you be constructive in your criticism. Thanks!

Cool Thread! I love the MCU. Straight from the heart of a DC fan- they have brought me a lot of joy and entertainment over the last few years.

Avengers is a special film. I never knew who they were except that they were a team of Marvel superheroes. But summer of 2012 changed everything. I know a couple of my friends who never watched superhero cartoons or read any comics. At most they knew about Superman, Batman and Spider-man. Almost everybody in the world know their names. Now they are coming to me and telling me lets go and watch Avengers. It was a phenomenon.

But then one might ask. Why does it work?

Last edited by Soubhagya; 02-27-2018 at 11:16 AM.

The MCU absolutely deserves an appreciation thread. I'm rewatching through all the movies before IW comes out and it's just incredible seeing it all unfold in a condensed time frame. Whatever happens next, I'll always appreciate this monumental achievement (the establishment/maintenance of this franchise) and it's one that I doubt will be topped.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Boisterously Confused

I've enjoyed the MCU. Even the least of its efforts have been decent. Moreover, Marvel pulled this off with some of the (circa 2008) weakest IP in their stable, making their success truly amazing.

I'm particularly fond of the Phase 1 films (Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, and Marvel's The Avengers). There was clearly well-coordinated world- and plot-building going on in those films that was awesome to behold.

Yeah, this thread is long overdue.

I agree that even the worst MCU films have been decent, and could arguably be better than all but the top DCEU films in comparison. Sure, there are more Marvel films to choose from to date. But with the DCEU's track record, I'm not expecting too much from anything other than the Wonder Woman sequel.

I'm hoping for some crazy-awesome things to happen as a result of Infinity War and the next phase of films. Captain Marvel could be a combination of BP, GOTG, and Wonder Woman in feel and execution.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

What do you think phase 4 will consist of? What happens when RDJ retires? o_O

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Man it's just so....RIGHT! Spot on Cap. I can't wait to see Feige represent the X-Men so well!!! How long are they going to make me wait!!!! UNF!

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    What do you think phase 4 will consist of? What happens when RDJ retires? o_O
    Hard to say what Phase 4 will consist of. Of course the new ones will be there. Guardians of The Galaxy, Spider-man, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, Captain Marvel. The older heroes could return. What's to say that won't try to make Captain America 4 or Thor 4? Those are possible. After Fox deal you have got X-Men and Fantastic Four. New characters could be tried on screen.

RDJ will retire from MCU one day. Can't say when. He could hang around for years. Its lot of pay. But he will retire someday. But MCU could and would continue. There has been a lot of successes outside the Phase One characters including RDJ. So as long as they make good films there's nothing to worry about even if RDJ would be a big loss. They are simply too big at this point that they will survive.

Interestingly,people speak of superhero fatigue. That has been talked for years now. What the audiences are fatigued with is not superhero films. But bad superhero films. Bad superhero movie fatigue. As long as they bring on good and entertaining films they would be alright.

Phase 4 I think Cap and Loki are dead. Tony Stark retieres but RDJ does a cameo as Tony now and then. Thor dedicates his life to his remaining people nd a new home. Leaving future returns of Thor open but he's no longer a mainstay. Hawkeye might die but I hope he retires. Everyone else who Thanos doesn't kill sticks around. Especially black widow if she gets her own movie. Which honestly im not excited about. I rather She Hulk or Jessica Drew

Oh and I think Sam becomes the new Cap and Buckys either his partner or Becomes a mainstay in Wakanda and the BP movies. Or he dies with Steve(that would emotional if they went out together.)

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Cool idea for a thread. I'm a DC fan first and foremost but the MCU is JUST THAT GOOD.

Phase 4 will be interesting. As I've already said in another thread, my hope is that a major component of it will be the Fantastic Four and their villains/supporting characters. At some stage (probably around the time Avengers 4 gets it's full unveiling) we're gonna get more details and I personally cannot wait for that. I remember how exciting it was when Marvel Sutdios unveiled Phase 3 (albeit with that pesky Inhumans movie in there too) and eagerly await the news of Phase 4.

BANNED

I strongly dislike the MCU, but I love Agents of SHIELD to death:

best superhero TV show ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Cool idea for a thread. I'm a DC fan first and foremost but the MCU is JUST THAT GOOD.
    Same here! I am a life long DC fan ,but the Marvel films have been spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I strongly dislike the MCU, but I love Agents of SHIELD to death:
    Really? What is it that you don’t like?