Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Yeah, I'm still waiting on today's "big" announcement. I don't want to get my hopes up that it's about the FF or X-Men.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

I've got the @MarvelStudios and @bleedingcool twitter feeds up right now and all day hoping that one of the two will give up the goods. (yes I know bleedingcool is pretty cringey but they have sources)

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    I've got the @MarvelStudios and @bleedingcool twitter feeds up right now and all day hoping that one of the two will give up the goods. (yes I know bleedingcool is pretty cringey but they have sources)
    I keep refreshing CBR.com. :P
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Addict View Post
    I keep refreshing CBR.com. :P
    Isn't it the MIB IV announcement? Or is there another Marvel one coming past their schedule?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Addict View Post
    Yeah, I'm still waiting on today's "big" announcement. I don't want to get my hopes up that it's about the FF or X-Men.
    I do not think it is even possible for there to be any meaningful news about the soon(ish)-to-be ex-Fox properties.

You might, very maybe, see something in the post-credits scene of Avengers 4. That's it. Nothing sooner.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    Marvel wrote the comics meaning they should be able to do proper X-Men movies as long as Disney are not involved. Disney has to treat X-Men the same way they treated movies made under Touchstone and Miramax.
    Pretty much the only time Disney has ever really interfered with the MCU is when Feige had the Mouse kick Perlmutter out of Marvel Studios.

"And there was much rejoycing."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    If the deal falls through, Marvel will still get the X-Men and Fantastic Four back regardless. They were Marvel’s properties to begin with and Fox can’t sell them to anyone else.
    Yeah, that's not how it works.

When somebody else buys Fox, all of it, they get all of Fox. which would include all licenced rights Fox currently holds sway over. This was never a case of Fox selling off some choice parts of it. There are parts of Fox Disney is far more interested in than the X-Men rights.

I doubt F4 or Xmen can be confirmed yet. But I guess they could announce that one of the phase 4 movies is F4 or Xmen. Because no matter who buys Fox Disney gets the properties back. But if things go bad there's always a chance it's a long time b4 a fox deal goes through. But I'd love to Hear Namor,She Hulk or Hercules announced. But they're is 0 reason to believe that's a possibility.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Yeah, that's not how it works.

When somebody else buys Fox, all of it, they get all of Fox. which would include all licenced rights Fox currently holds sway over. This was never a case of Fox selling off some choice parts of it. There are parts of Fox Disney is far more interested in than the X-Men rights.
    I've seen some investor reporting that claims Disney's goal is to assemble as much of the existing film libraries as they can as a hedge against the growing internet media companies. Disney (these theories suggest) doesn't believe it can move into realm of direct customer contact the way that YouTube, Facebook, and Amazon have done, and so wants as much content in its hands as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I've seen some investor reporting that claims Disney's goal is to assemble as much of the existing film libraries as they can as a hedge against the growing internet media companies. Disney (these theories suggest) doesn't believe it can move into realm of direct customer contact the way that YouTube, Facebook, and Amazon have done, and so wants as much content in its hands as possible.
    Yet they're acquiring a hefty chunk of Hulu in this deal and looking to get the rest of it now, too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Because no matter who buys Fox Disney gets the properties back.
    As stated earlier, that's not how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    As stated earlier, that's not how it works.
    Except it is.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/20...vel-star-wars/

If Fox tries to sell the remaining Star Wars and Marvel IP to anyone but Disney, they lose the rights. So they're just trying to recoup some money sooner than taking a chance of getting nothing or a loss with a new movie.

Sounds like they'll hold the Star Wars stuff because they can make money off of sales from it.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 03-02-2018 at 04:26 PM.

Well, it's nearly 5pm CST. Maybe the big announcement was the movie release schedule or moving infinity war up one week?

But someone said the announcement would be 'fantastic'...so hmm..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Except it is.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/20...vel-star-wars/

If Fox tries to sale the remaining Star Wars and Marvel IP to anyone but Disney, they lose the rights. So they're just trying to recoup some money sooner than taking a chance of getting nothing or a loss with a new movie.

Sounds like they'll hold the Star Wars stuff because they can make money off of sales from it.
    Your link doesn't seem to say anything of the sort.

And they're not selling some rights. They're selling the entire company, lock stock and barrel, including rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Your link doesn't seem to say anything of the sort.

And they're not selling some rights. They're selling the entire company, lock stock and barrel, including rights.
    Wrong link.
    https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...tml/?a=viewall
    EDIT TO ADD:
    https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...-anymore.html/
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/fox-going-1...r-doom-1664319
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-plans-1088623

If Fox fails to make a movie in X time or sells the IP to another company, the rights revert back to Marvel. So they're trying to get something as opposed to sitting on them and doing nothing. Which means ramping up on production of new films, too. Hence the BKV Silver Surfer script in play now.

Except for the F4.

That deal was with Constantin Film, a German production company that signed a distribution deal with Fox. Constantin’s deal appears to insure that the cinematic rights to the Fantastic Four won’t automatically revert to Marvel Studios. But they made a deal to Marvel already when this started.

"The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. " https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/wal...billion-stock/

So we might actually be getting them first.

And you're last part is flat out wrong. Fox is selling everything but some local stations, sports rights, and Fox News & Business assets. They're looking to rebrand into Fox Sports & News. There's a thread for that discussion.