Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Just Wow it looks Fantastic

Astonishing Member

So many awesome scenes from that. Loved the "plan" meeting with Quill and Tony.

Loved all of Spidey's scenes.

Looks like alot of our faves will be getting the **** kicked out of them for a bit!

Anyone else think Cap has to be packing an Infinity Stone of his own or some other kind of power up in that scene where he blocks Thanos' hand? There is no way regular-strength Cap could take on Thanos hand-to-hand, especially when Thanos has a couple stones in his glove.

Crap I did see you guys post the new trailer. But anyway, that trailer is AWESOME! Like you guys said many cool moments like Quill and Tony and Peter meeting Dr. Strange etc. Just bought my tickets for opening weekend ha.

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    Anyone else think Cap has to be packing an Infinity Stone of his own or some other kind of power up in that scene where he blocks Thanos' hand? There is no way regular-strength Cap could take on Thanos hand-to-hand, especially when Thanos has a couple stones in his glove.
    Definitely. Or, Thanos is weakened somehow, less likely but possible.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Definitely. Or, Thanos is weakened somehow, less likely but possible.
    I was thinking he may not be "actively" using the gems at that point possibly.

BANNED

So I think the Russo's have said in the first five minutes we will understand why Thanos is a bigger deal than anyone else. Looking to me like that's because Thor doesn't make it out of the first five minutes alive. He's not really in any scenes on Earth, is he?

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    So I think the Russo's have said in the first five minutes we will understand why Thanos is a bigger deal than anyone else. Looking to me like that's because Thor doesn't make it out of the first five minutes alive. He's not really in any scenes on Earth, is he?
    No, he lives long enough to wake up on the Guardians' ship.
    Remember the first trailer "Who the hell are you guys?"
    I think Loki gets killed in the first five minutes.

Yea I think if Thor spends much of the movie with Rocket and Teen Groot trying to forge a new Mjolnir. The rest of the guardians head to earth to help with the fight there. I do think Loki will die in this film or the sequel, if Thor dies then I expect him to come back in the sequel. The major characters I feel will bite in during the course of the films is Cap and Tony.

Anyway, I don't think we need another trailer after this. Even if they do, I am going to try not to watch it. I don't want the entire movie spoiled like they kinda did for Spider Man Homecoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Yea I think if Thor spends much of the movie with Rocket and Teen Groot trying to forge a new Mjolnir. The rest of the guardians head to earth to help with the fight there. I do think Loki will die in this film or the sequel, if Thor dies then I expect him to come back in the sequel. The major characters I feel will bite in during the course of the films is Cap and Tony.

People keep saying that, but I don't see it happening. That's a big damned pair of cash cows to give up on.

People keep saying that, but I don't see it happening. That's a big damned pair of cash cows to give up on.
    Well most people assume that because the a lot of the original avengers actors contracts are up after Infinity War part 2. Some are saying Phase 4 will be lead by Spidey, Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel and whatever happens with the Fox characters like X- Men and Fantastic Four coming to the MCU. I would rather those characters die heroically rather than be recast. No one can replace RDJ as Tony Stark/ Iron Man same goes for Chris Evans as Steve Rodgers.

BANNED

Well most people assume that because the a lot of the original avengers actors contracts are up after Infinity War part 2. Some are saying Phase 4 will be lead by Spidey, Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel and whatever happens with the Fox characters like X- Men and Fantastic Four coming to the MCU. I would rather those characters die heroically rather than be recast. No one can replace RDJ as Tony Stark/ Iron Man same goes for Chris Evans as Steve Rodgers.
    I'd rather see them take the approach of a character getting a new writer/artist team in the comics - just recast the role. RDJ is not irreplaceable.

That said, those two characters are only cash cows if they can be used. When the actors are pulling in $80 million a film, that's not much of a cash cow to the studio. If they don't die and are not recast, the characters still can't be used much or at all, so dying gives them an in-story reason not to use them.

But I would still rather seem them used with new actors.

I don't think either is likely, honestly. I think Tony could retire from Iron-Man-ing but show up as he did in Spider-Man as a Rich Uncle Inventor guy. And Cap could do something similar, just be part of other people's movies, which wouldn't put as big of a time demand on either actor.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I'd rather see them take the approach of a character getting a new writer/artist team in the comics - just recast the role. RDJ is not irreplaceable.

That said, those two characters are only cash cows if they can be used. When the actors are pulling in $80 million a film, that's not much of a cash cow to the studio. If they don't die and are not recast, the characters still can't be used much or at all, so dying gives them an in-story reason not to use them.

But I would still rather seem them used with new actors.
    I could don't mind like Falcon taking on the role of Cap since that has happened in the comics. I could also see Rhodey stepping in as the new Iron Man. But to totally recast Tony Stark and Steve Rogers would just be weird especially for the character of Tony Stark/ Iron Man. Many people have become attached to RDJ as the character.

I don't think either is likely, honestly. I think Tony could retire from Iron-Man-ing but show up as he did in Spider-Man as a Rich Uncle Inventor guy. And Cap could do something similar, just be part of other people's movies, which wouldn't put as big of a time demand on either actor.
    Well Tony did sorta retire at the end of Iron Man 3, but returned as Iron Man in Age of Ultron ( something the movies never addressed). But yea, I could see both actors returning in the roles to do supporting roles/ cameos in other heroes films.