Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    Anyone else think Cap has to be packing an Infinity Stone of his own or some other kind of power up in that scene where he blocks Thanos' hand? There is no way regular-strength Cap could take on Thanos hand-to-hand, especially when Thanos has a couple stones in his glove.
    He better have or else they powered down Thanos to the point of... well, to the point where he only wants to destroy only half of the universe? I guess this explains that, he is too weak to destroy it all. It may also explains why he starts dropping off his armor?

Seriously, if Thanos is powered down to the point that cap can hold him off all they need is Thor and Hulk to beat him up. Hell, all they need is Hulk. Vision could beat him up.

Star-lord and Stark is going to give me a headache with all the joking between each other. They are probably going to challenge Thanos to jump rope

It sucks that the eye is a gem.

Cap grabbing the gauntlet has me tripping. right now
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    He better have or else they powered down Thanos to the point of... well, to the point where he only wants to destroy only half of the universe? I guess this explains that, he is too weak to destroy it all. It may also explains why he starts dropping off his armor?
    I think you're kind of over-reaching from a couple scenes in a trailer.

Star-lord and Stark is going to give me a headache with all the joking between each other. They are probably going to challenge Thanos to jump rope
    If you don't want to see Stark and Starlord being snarky, you may want to think about sticking with another franchise.

As someone who was never a big fan of the comic book Dr Strange, I couldn't care less that the Eye is a stone.

Seriously, if Thanos is powered down to the point that cap can hold him off all they need is Thor and Hulk to beat him up. Hell, all they need is Hulk. Vision could beat him up.

While there will be humor in this movie, I think this might be one of the more serious Marvel films. So worry that it will be like Thor Ragnorok (which I loved BTW) but I understand some disliked it because of all the humor.

I'm very much looking forward to Avengers: Infinity War, but CGI Thanos looks worse than CGI Steppenwolf.

As for the movie itself, I've only seen a trailer or two weeks ago, and am going to stay away from any further ones, but I know that Infinity War will be miles better than Justice League. I have full confidence that at least Avengers will look professionally done.

One thing i am loving about is they we are knowing more about Thanos. Both in the trailers and presumably more in the film, guessing by that flashback. I think he takes the hand of a young Gamora. And he can destroy half of the humanity by snapping his fingers. They are establishing the kind of threat he is. After all almost every villain till now was going to destroy the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    I'm very much looking forward to Avengers: Infinity War, but CGI Thanos looks worse than CGI Steppenwolf.

As for the movie itself, I've only seen a trailer or two weeks ago, and am going to stay away from any further ones, but I know that Infinity War will be miles better than Justice League. I have full confidence that at least Avengers will look professionally done.
    What are you talking about? Cg of Thanos is miles ahead of Steppenwolf. If we are talking about design then that can be argued.

Steppenwolf had a great design. But when he talked one can observe that only his lips moved while the whole face was quite static, almost expressionless. But Thanos whatever his design is (and i am loving the design. The without helmet one more), he is animated really well. There's no comparison.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 03-16-2018 at 09:21 AM.

Anyone else think Cap has to be packing an Infinity Stone of his own or some other kind of power up in that scene where he blocks Thanos' hand? There is no way regular-strength Cap could take on Thanos hand-to-hand, especially when Thanos has a couple stones in his glove.
    Could he have that herb by which Black Panther gets his strength. We know they were destroyed. But its possible that they can be brought back.

I must admit it still looks odd. Thor is getting crushed so easily. And Cap can take on Thanos, hand to hand. A stone looks likely. But why risk getting it in front of Thanos? That's the thing they are protecting.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Well Tony did sorta retire at the end of Iron Man 3, but returned as Iron Man in Age of Ultron ( something the movies never addressed). But yea, I could see both actors returning in the roles to do supporting roles/ cameos in other heroes films.
    Civil War addressed it, when Tony said he suited up again because of the discovery of Hydra's bases in the wake of the Winter Soldier reveal and it put a strain on his relationship with Pepper.

Of the two big stars, Cap seems like the safest to kill off. He'd be a powerful martyr for the rest of the heroes, his title and shield could be passed to Sam to continue the idea, etc. You could do similar things with Iron Man, but I feel like the Wedding Ring scene inserted into Spider-Man Homecoming cements that they intend for Stark's retirement to be a happy one.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Cap grabbing the gauntlet has me tripping. right now
    Really Loved that Scene as well!

It reminded me and I would not be suprised if the Movie was purposefully calling back to this as well, to the original moment from the Comic Where Capt is alone as the last Hero standing up to an All-Powerful Thanos!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Could he have that herb by which Black Panther gets his strength. We know they were destroyed. But its possible that they can be brought back.

I must admit it still looks odd. Thor is getting crushed so easily. And Cap can take on Thanos, hand to hand. A stone looks likely. But why risk getting it in front of Thanos? That's the thing they are protecting.
    It's a trailer.
    We have context for none of these scenes, which may be taken from any point in the movie.

I think you're kind of over-reaching from a couple scenes in a trailer.

If you don't want to see Stark and Starlord being snarky, you may want to think about sticking with another franchise.

As someone who was never a big fan of the comic book Dr Strange, I couldn't care less that the Eye is a stone.
    Looks like you are not a big fan of comic book cap, thanos, star-lord and stark, either. HA!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Civil War addressed it, when Tony said he suited up again because of the discovery of Hydra's bases in the wake of the Winter Soldier reveal and it put a strain on his relationship with Pepper.

Of the two big stars, Cap seems like the safest to kill off. He'd be a powerful martyr for the rest of the heroes, his title and shield could be passed to Sam to continue the idea, etc. You could do similar things with Iron Man, but I feel like the Wedding Ring scene inserted into Spider-Man Homecoming cements that they intend for Stark's retirement to be a happy one.
    I hope they give it to Sam, not Bucky.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It's a trailer.
    We have context for none of these scenes, which may be taken from any point in the movie.
    That's true. We can only speculate for now.

Looks like you are not a big fan of comic book cap, thanos, star-lord and stark, either. HA!
    Two out of four, no. I never read any Guardians books with Starlord and I never liked Thanos as a villain in the comics. He seemed too one-dimensional. It's already been established that MCU Stark is different from comic book Stark and I like most of the ways he's different.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I hope they give it to Sam, not Bucky.
    I'd rather have Bucky get it. The run where Bucky became Cap in the comics was some of the best writing and most interesting stories Cap ever had.